1. Hello Guest! Welcome to Psion Nation. Currently you do not have an account with us so you are limited on what you can see here at the Nation. Sign Up for free you can have access to read all the amazing material. It takes a couple of seconds and your off to learning the Way of the Psion!

30 Day Challenge: Feasibility of Belief

Psions Viewing Thread (Psions: 0, Guests: 0)

?

Can the mindset of "I believe i can do this" really work in psionics?

Poll closed Nov 28, 2016.
  1. Yes

6 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Depends...

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
    Perses Keraunos
    Cool

Perses Keraunos ♛First Elder of the Nation♛
    Official Member

We know how many things are considered impossible, and how many truly are impossible.We usually use science to explain why something wouldn't work as we think or what would be necessary to change in modern science in order for something to be considered a "possible theory", and keep in mind that we're not even taking into account the possibility of it being feasible, just a possibility of a theory that could work...in theory.

It's the same with psionics, in the beginning we all have the same mindset "I can do this", "this'll be a breeze" but we only notice how harder it is to achieve a result, specially if we're looking to achieve one that can be seen by the nakes eye in the physical, or what we call here "flashy".
    Then, due to this, the majority of "psions" abandon the craft, thinking that if they've got no results at their first try, or if they've got not "noticiable" results, then it "must be 'cause it isn't real", and then they'll become hardcore skeptics that'll demand proof of everything considered metaphysical, supernatural or occult, whenever the subject is brought to the table.

Look, we all want to become the "better versions" of ourselves, become better than we were yesterday, achieve and then surpass the "human potential"(or 'kin potential:smirk:) and so when we hear 'bout the old myths, 'bout how some people either in this community or somewhere on the world could achieve the impossible, or at least show the impossible, we get different reactions.Most people are skeptic-with reason-and demand proof, others cry in joy since they now have "proof" that someone could do what they wanted to do all along, so they weren't "wasting time" practicing.
    Of course, it seems that most of us keep forgetting that not all abilities will be "open" to all of us.An affinity only guarantees that some abilities will be easier to learn, or that you'll have some natural aptitude at it, and not having an affinity won't make learning 'em harder, just not so easy.Other abilities though, will never be able to be learned by some people, maybe 'cause of their energy, 'cause of a past life, 'cause their 'kin...the reasons are many.

Starting today, 'till 7th of December, i want to try something.I'll choose one ability that i know i have an affinity with, one that i don't have an affinity, and one that i believe it's impossible, and during the entire time that i'll be training-or attempt to train-i'll work with the following mindset "Erase common sense, everything is feasible", which basically is "if i believe i can do it, then i'll be able to do it" and i want to see the following with this experiment:

1.If the "belief of possibility" is really able to make someone achieve something.

2.If i'll advanced faster in my trainning due to this "positive thinking" or not.

3.How far can one go with this mindset?

I just want to ask the comunity, for the "impossible ability", do you think i should use/aim for a bound one, or just one that seems very complex/hard to do?

List of abilities chosen:

EASY: Pyrokinesis - Only recently started to deal with it(as i've said before, it was during a blackout) and while the results weren't spetacular, i got 'em at first try, so pyrok was chosen from my list of affinities.Plus, what can be more flashy that making a fire appear out of nowhere or manipulate the flames in a way that seems erratic?
    "Enhancement" - Not exactly the word i would use, but since i don't have a better one...In this case it would be to enhance my strenght and sturdiness off the charts.I won't do half-measures here, if the "i believe i can do everything" is the subject of this challenge, then i'll go all out and aim high.

MEDIUM: Geokinesis - Although there were other abilities that i could've chosen, and that would be easier than this one, i want to really test this mindset, so what better way than through another kinetic ability?This time though, it's one that i don't have an afiinity with, so i'll be able to measure how well the mindset can work with similar abilities that have one main difference.The Affinity.

IMPOSSIBLE: Suggested by the community, self-levitation.It's hard, and while we hear a lot of people talk 'bout it, we haven't seen even one proof of it, so it does enter the cathegory of impossble.Height of levitation should be 1 m or 50 cm, and the time should be one full minute.Let's see if a change in mindset can affect something "big".

Days 7 to 10: Due to being nearing the end of my current subjects in university, i've been more busy than the rest of the year, so i could only focus on one of the abilities.I choose pyrokinesis to use today.
    Far from making a flame out of nowhere, however i was surprised by the fact that i could slithgly change the temperature with my fingers.

I could focus on one or all fingers and instinctively i would visulize/feel as if invisible flames were coming from my finger tips, or from the center of my hand, all the way 'till they "became 'lil flames" at my finger tips.No kidding, it wasn't linear, it was exactly like flames, erratic.
    The change in temperature wasn't so high, but enough that i could feel the difference on my fingers, before and after.Fire isn't so far behind if you can already control temperature, which means that at least, for this ability, i have a good chance of making astounding progress.

Days 10 to 7(December):Honestly, I should've chosen a better date.November-December is the time of end of projects and tests, so I was,and still am, busy.I wasn't able to even focus enough to do this project, so in order to make it right this time, I'll get all of these days that I couldn't use and "transfer" 'em.So I'll have 26 days(maybe 10 more, depending on the progress of the "impossible" ability) to test again, but this time I'll wait 'til it's my vacation, so I'll be sure to have free time.

I'll give an update when I'll re-start.

UPDATE!
    Tomorrow(19/12/2016) I'll re-start this challenge.The time will be the time that I couldn't use before.
    As said before as well, while I'll have 26 days, I'm still thinking that I should add 10 more to focus exclusively on the "impossible" ability.We'll see if I'll need the +10, depending on the results of the 26 days with the impossible.

#1 Perses Keraunos, Nov 7, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
    Chado likes this.
    Zerachiel
    Amused

Zerachiel Senior Citizen

Not sure, a bound one might take a while. I would say aim for something basic first maybe?

Aeriixion
    Darkness

Aeriixion VIP Member
    VIP Member

Pick something we know for sure can be done, but is hard/complex to do. If the chosen bound ability can in fact be achieved, it is likely to take far more work and "positivity" than you could muster in a mere 30 day period.

Zerachiel likes this.
    Perses Keraunos
    Cool

Official Member

Don't forget, as i've said i would take one that i have an affinity, one that i don't have affinity, and the "impossible one".I want a challenge, not see if they can work on the basic stuff.The point in here is see how well this mindset/belief can work in something hard/complex.
    I will pick three abilities, so they'll go more like this: easy(affinity), medium(no affinity) and hard(impossible), so i'll be able to measure how far can the mindset/belief take someone in psionics.As for the "we know for sure can be done", well i believe that many of those in the P.A.T.S , as well as the ones written in this community, ARE considered to be able to be done.Otherwise, why would people claim something that they can't do?

If i was to take a bound one, do you think that i would need to use more days?

Aeriixion
    Darkness

Aeriixion VIP Member
    VIP Member

Yes, a lot more days. Perhaps years, perhaps decades. I'm of the mind that most of the bound abilities could be performed (as long as they don't violate the natural laws, those laws of physics that are universally acceptable such as conservation of energy & momentum, etc.)). But I believe one would have to dedicate their very existence towards learning to perform that ability, and I doubt most who did that would have a long enough lifetime to reach success. Bound abilities seem like something that would take many lifetimes to acquire.

Perses Keraunos
    Cool

Official Member

In this experiment though, i don't want to use months, i want it to have a reasonable time(and also 'cause i'm also near that happy period called "exams week") that allows me to see if there is a difference, but also not so much that time becomes the one to help with the ability, instead of the mindset/belief.Most people can get good with a lot of time to train, i don't want to spoil this challenge/test with it.
    Every "law" that we have is also ruled by common sense, so i won't be using common sense during the entire time i'm doing this.
    So what should i choose for the "impossible" one?

Aeriixion
    Darkness

Aeriixion VIP Member
    VIP Member

My suggestion would be self levitation. It's close to flight, but not. But it would require far more energy and skill than using telekinesis on a small object. I'd say if your strategy is successful, you should be able to lift an object over 10 lbs at least by the end of the 30 day period. But that's my suggestion.

We know levitation via telekinesis isn't outright "impossible", but no one has provided evidence of lifting a heavy object or person more than a few centimeters, and that was only for a few seconds at best.

Perses Keraunos
    Cool

Official Member

I'll use my ways-and other ways-to train, but the focus here is the "i can do everything if i believe" attitude, and see if this can affect my training.
    So, unless someone else got another suggestion, i'll put self-levitation on the impossible ability to do.
    How "high" should i aim in order for it to be considered levitation, and not an illusion or a jump?

Aeriixion
    Darkness

Aeriixion VIP Member
    VIP Member

How high? I suppose it should be an inch for every 10 pounds the object approximately weighs, since the mass of an object tends to correlate well with its size, and larger objects are generally harder to just proximity with...

So if you have a textbook, an inch or so should be plenty. A 50 pound bag of dog food? 5 inches. The average adult male? (130-150 lbs), about a foot. :3

If you end up using levitation as the impossible ability, I wish you luck. (And would love to see evidence of the success of your hard work. But I won't expect said evidence.)

Perses Keraunos
    Cool

Official Member

I'll wait 'till the end of this day to see if someone else gives me another idea of what can be used for the impossible, otherwise i'll use self-levitation.
    I WANT to say that self-levitation won't work...:weary: but since i've said that i would have a "can do it if i believe" mindset 'till the end of the 30 days...i'll have to believe that it'll work.

Perses Keraunos
    Cool

Official Member

So here is the list of what i'll be working on:
    Easy:I know that i've said ONE, but since affinity means having it easier(in a way), i thought of choosing two abilities.So i've decided for pyrokinesis and the ability to enhance beyond the normal both strenght and sturdiness.

Medium:Probably geokinesis.No affinity for it, and not many people seems to do/use it here, so if this experiment works well, at least i'll have something that most don't or can't use to it's fullest.

Impossible:Self-levitation.For it to be considered true levitation i'll have to be able to levitate between to max 1 meter and min 50 cm.And since this is a bound ability, we'll see how much the mindset can affect something like this.

AtmoKinetic
    Thinking

AtmoKinetic Verified Scanner
    Official Member

Levitation isn't a bound ability, it's known to be doable, just really hard, flight though is different, and seems to be bound, but levitation with telekinesis is very much possible.

Perses Keraunos
    Cool

Official Member

Levitation was on the "bound abilities" of the P.A.T.S though.
    And I'm not arguing if it's possible or not.

AtmoKinetic
    Thinking

Official Member

I know, lol, I don't know why Baal put it there... D': Baaal, I know you know that its possible! Well I think you do...

Perses Keraunos
    Cool

Official Member

The "impossible" of this challenge though isn't if the ability is bound, but more 'bout the fact that is so hard that no one could do or did it.

AtmoKinetic
    Thinking

Official Member

Problem is, people have done levitation, it's a pretty common thing in the end, it's just a really hard ability, pretty sure the people were practicing on it for years just for a few inches though.

Perses Keraunos
    Cool

Official Member

Yeah...though we never saw "solid" proof of it, and i'm not even talknig 'bout the people that use that contraption to fake levitation.
    You could've given another ability, if you think that levitation is "old news" and "common", when i was waiting for the community's input on which ability i should choose for the "impossible" section.And as i've said, the talk isn't if this ability is possible or not, or even if it's bound or not, the talk here is that if i maintain this mindset of "if i believe i can do it, i will be able to do it" will i really be able to do it?Will this somehow advance my progression?Can the "i can" really make a difference when doing an ability?This is what i'm searching, 'till the 7th of December.

AtmoKinetic
    Thinking

Official Member

I know, but you all were acting like that was a bound ability, I don't like when people are misinformed. xD, sorry about derailing your thread.

Perses Keraunos
    Cool

Official Member

It's my thread, so if i continue with the derailment, then it's okay.And we're talking 'bout a part that belongs to the thread, so we aren't derailing as much as you think.

Now, if you believe that this isn't a bound ability then i'll give you a "challenge" for you.Learn levitation and show us what you've got, or search for someone that you know/heard that could do it and make 'em show it to the community.Since it's "common" then it shouldn't be hard, right? ;P

AtmoKinetic
    Thinking

Official Member

Regular telekinesis makes me disoriented when doing it, so I most likely won't be able to perform it anytime soon, its not "common", but its not "legendary rare", I know there's a few members on here who've managed it, if they'd offer proof is unclear as there's the fact that if you do in fact prove it, you'd get flooded with spam from other members as well as entities attacking you. (No joke, if you manage a hard ability, DO NOT post it on a forum full of jealousy, bad idea)
    I don't think proof would matter though, as levitation can easily be faked so denial would be easy sadly, unless the guy disproved such in the video some how, (Or girl :P).
    Also, I'm going to offer something for you trying to do this, from what I've gathered levitation will require you using energy to "Repel" other things away from you, but instead moving yourself, if that makes sense, (Or an object), and that my sir, is why it's "Improbable", with this you won't be fighting the laws of gravity or physics, rather repelling such with energy, if that makes sense again...