1. Hello Guest! Welcome to Psion Nation. Currently you do not have an account with us so you are limited on what you can see here at the Nation. Sign Up for free you can have access to read all the amazing material. It takes a couple of seconds and your off to learning the Way of the Psion!

A occult library

Psions Viewing Thread (Psions: 0, Guests: 0)

Null
    Curious

Null Citizen

I want to help further this sight by adding a library full of free e books on all subjects that people on here want to learn. I.e alchehmy books, grimars, est. with this it would alow a cut down on data usesage on meaning less threads asking from a book with alchemy or stuff like that. It both would help the people who want to learn on there own without a mentor, or could give a mentor a lesson plan for teaching. I attempted this once but it got deleted by Baal by it being "inappropriate advertising" I wish to state that this would be free and I would look for reliable people for getting the e books

TheMightyBurger
    Question

TheMightyBurger Citizen

I dont see anything wrong with this.

Null
    Curious

Null Citizen

That is what I was originally thinking

DruidicDamnation likes this.
    DruidicDamnation
    Pensive

DruidicDamnation Senior Citizen

You would have to have a wide variety of books considering they're so many Magickal teachings these fellow Psions might be into learning or Researching about. And if this goes forth I would still want The Mentorship Program to still be a thing but make a "Library" so people can search for History and Knowledge that way. I agree with this as long as it doesn't conflict with anything that is already existing.

Iamra likes this.
    Null
    Curious

Null Citizen

It would get taken down by Baal that's why I made this thread so maybe he would see it and it would get enough attention to become a feature on the site. I would only pick sources that would help the people on I would try not to let it confection I mean you still got to account for human thinking.

Aliter
    Bored

Aliter Senior Citizen
    Official Member

How would you format this? I think it's a cool idea. I've seen this on other discord servers and they seem to work well, but I'm just thinking how it would look on a site.

DruidicDamnation
    Pensive

DruidicDamnation Senior Citizen

I agree with it and everything but would Mentoring still be a thing on here if this get added on the server? That's my question.

Null
    Curious

Null Citizen

I believe it would benefite the site for multiple reasons. For example someone ask an alchemy question (from what I know not to many people practice alchemy on here) you can just point them to the link to the alchemy books are located thus lessoning form space and Lessing data uses on the site and in mentoring would still be a thing. Because everyone learns differently this would actually help mentors by giving a lesson plan and homework for the person being mentored. We would format it first by alchemy, psionics, physical constructs, and atheral items, etc
    Then we would sort the free ebooks by subcategories in example say you want something about spirtel alchemy so we would to the the alchemy section then to the spiritel alchemy section.
    Then we would sort the ebooks in area (eastern or western), time prirod, author, name of book. In the respected sub categories.

Null
    Curious

Null Citizen

I know what I'm talking about my mother is a teacher and when she was going to college classes I went to them and participated I just did not do the homework this was about 4 years ago when she did that. So when it comes to lesson plans and stuff like that I do know how important it is

Obscurus
    Darkness

Obscurus Citizen

I'm still new to this site but I would like to mention that hosting a library in perpetuity has it's own problems. It might reduce clutter on the forums but someone is going to have to host all of those books. Depending on the size of the library that might be several GB to host. We also have to consider that unless something is in the public domain the host would have to obtain permission to distribute copyrighted material. Otherwise it would put portions of the library at risk for DMCA take down and possibly put the site and owner at legal risk if they knew the material was copyrighted to begin with.

This being the case, a library like that could only be so useful because it would depend on works available in the public domain (which there are many, don't get me wrong) and that seems kind of redundant since there are already many libraries for that online. Linking to those libraries may be a better suggestion but then we run into site rules about advertising. Just some observations.

Null
    Curious

Null Citizen

Which I'm well aware of that and I personally will find credible sources which are free I also just up load them in big files to save space