1. Hello Guest! Welcome to Psion Nation. Currently you do not have an account with us so you are limited on what you can see here at the Nation. Sign Up for free you can have access to read all the amazing material. It takes a couple of seconds and your off to learning the Way of the Psion!

A Virtual Reality Game Based on the Paranormal.

Psions Viewing Thread (Psions: 0, Guests: 0)

PsionScientist16
    Happy

Official Member

So my idea for this is basically this Otherkin,Vampires and Psionics the Like are Able to go into this Game and Play their Own Roles. Except for in the game you have Realistic limits depending on how much you train your Abilities. I Imagine something like this in the future Where It`s no longer just Virtual Reality It Is Reality.

Blidgu
    In-Love

Blidgu Senior Citizen
    Official Member

What do you mean by that?

PsionScientist16
    Happy

Official Member

You know how google Glass Has Where it Materalizies in Actual Reality Something to that Effect.

Max Hamilton
    Cheerful

Max Hamilton Senior Citizen
    Official Member

It could actually be used as a form of training or as a tool

Blidgu
    In-Love

Blidgu Senior Citizen
    Official Member

Oh i know what you mean

PsionScientist16
    Happy

Official Member

You know that`s not a bad idea A Virtual reality game where you could train in the Future maybe your time training in the Virtual Reality world would Transfer over to here. (Potential for Abuse as with everything in life). On a side note this could definitely work like you imagine a beam and it happens in the virtual reality world,Like your apart of the world Yourself.

Max Hamilton likes this.
    Max Hamilton
    Cheerful

Official Member

I like your idea, you could try to actually create the game :)

PsionScientist16
    Happy

Official Member

That sounds like a Laborious amount of coding i'd much rather Let someone else do it and just say Hey it was my idea, or hire someone to do the Coding i have the ideas but the implementation i`m not to big on. I`m more of a In Theory Individual. I Could come up with some good ideas but the Coding is just not my type i`m a creative individual Monotonous things like that are not what i like to do. My interest lies in Psionics anyway so no i don't have time to make the game. Who knows. If it comes down (Very down to it to it i will Much Rather hand the Project over to someone else. I Don't even know how to code well at all, just the basic Basics. I`m not the type of individual to stare wide eyed at a screen you'd find me in a library or in an institution. I Like to be moving. The Difference between an idea and a game is that an idea can become a Meme and transcend Death Video Games Very Rarely do they Remain Popular they die. Games are made to end.

#8 PsionScientist16, Jun 8, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2016
    Max Hamilton likes this.
    Max Hamilton
    Cheerful

Official Member

I'm similar to you in that aspect, I'm usually the ideas guy

PsionScientist16
    Happy

Official Member

Me as well Max me as well. When you said make the game Yourself,i was thinking the exact opposite. I Was even thinking heck if i even make the game Your Making it with me. That's what would get me to make a videogame someone making it with me. I Don't code. I`d much rather take the time out to make a complicated construct in Psionics them jam my fingers into a Keyboard.

Max Hamilton
    Cheerful

Official Member

That's what I got my twin for xD he's learning gaming so he can do all that whilst I help him design it

Psionics1000
    Darkness

Psionics1000 Senior Citizen
    Official Member

Someone already made a game-like atmosphere in the astral, it is called Heavenly Shin.

EmberLotus
    Darkness

EmberLotus Citizen
    Official Member

me and a friend are making this psionics server on minecraft maybe like dat?

Darknesscave
    Sweettooth

Darknesscave Senior Citizen
    Official Member

Never happen

Max Hamilton
    Cheerful

Official Member

Why? You should probably explain more than just 'Never happen'

Psionics1000
    Darkness

Psionics1000 Senior Citizen
    Official Member

If only my minecraft wasn't cracked. :pensive:

EmberLotus
    Darkness

EmberLotus Citizen
    Official Member

Lol its done yet we didnt even release it to beta ;3

thenegativehunter
    Asleep

currently VR is just about watching. there is no good and complext VR API available. if there is going to be one, it will be a chair at first. there will be VR Chair industry probably called VRC available as a console. there will be problems of making it suitable for everyone which means it's size should be adaptable. the chair will first allow analog button based operation. there won't be touch pads. then there will be investments and nervous communication will kickstart.

Obscurus

Obscurus New Citizen

There is a VR game called Left Hand Path in Early Access on Steam that takes real world magic and ritual and incorporates it into the game. I think that a game like that focusing on psionics might help with visually feedback; helping a person learn to visualize things. Maybe it could work similar to biofeedback exercises; by watching your heart rate on a monitor you can consciously slow your heart rate. I see limited translation from game time to real life, but it could have uses like the ones mentioned above.