1. Hello Guest! Welcome to Psion Nation. Currently you do not have an account with us so you are limited on what you can see here at the Nation. Sign Up for free you can have access to read all the amazing material. It takes a couple of seconds and your off to learning the Way of the Psion!

Biokinesis: Help with Basics

Psions Viewing Thread (Psions: 0, Guests: 0)

Parsa

Parsa New Citizen

Hey everyone,
    Im new here but ive read alot about biokinesis before. I wanted to learn how to perform it. I undrestand that there are limits and so im not looking for superhuman powers or changing eyecolour. I want to increase the size of my skull and maybe grow 3 inches in height. All about bones really.
    Any help is appreciated

Lewisio123
    Bashful

Lewisio123 Senior Citizen

maybe Im not one to talk, but I think that not a lot of people can do this kinesis, it may take a while before someone responds. not that you should get your hopes up. but its a lot like geokinesis. not alot of people can do it. but hey I cant really talk here because Im more into pyrokinesis. so i would still go for it

Varric

Varric Staff Manager

You may think that growing three inches isnt much to ask but on a biological level you are asking for your body to do 2 years worth of work. And in what time frame exactly?

Not many know how to do biokinesis because it requires extensive physical knowledge of the human body. Of the few people ive seen whove had success with this practice 2 were med students 2 were nurses and the last was a psychologist with a minor in antamony.

That should explain the physical knowledge required. The energetic knowledge is equally extensive.

If your really going to commit yourself to this you'd best pull out a medical textbook or two and start some indepth studies on the sections of the body you wish to influence.

SageYuu and Chocolate like this.
    Varric

Varric Staff Manager

Everything you do with biok you need to have the physical nutrients to do so. Think

how much do you eat a day?

How much did you eat during your last growth spurt?

Thats all calories and nutrients.

Now think how much food and calories that is across a 1-2 year span.

Its physically impossible for you to put that much in you. What your asking is long term at best

Null
    Curious

Null Citizen

You have to rember genetic as well may inflect with learning this kinesis due to everbody's body being diffrent for example, I have double Jointed shoulder while the average human does not

Varric likes this.
    SageYuu
    Sleepy

SageYuu Third Elder of the Nation
    Official Member

Not to mention cells can only divide so many times before (hopefully I remember this correctly) and the the ends of chromosomes begin to fray or something of similar nature. All I remember is that there is something that degrades a your cells divide and it has something relating to DNA.

RockShan
    Happy

RockShan Senior Citizen
    Official Member

It is the Telomere's that degrade as your cells divide/reproduce, It is the protective layer on your DNA, theoretically if one found a way to repair the telomere's it would drastically decrease / limit the effects of aging, but there is a few other affects that occur during cell division, not really during it. but do affect your body, or degrade it. I can't recall the names of the terms currently though.