1. Hello Guest! Welcome to Psion Nation. Currently you do not have an account with us so you are limited on what you can see here at the Nation. Sign Up for free you can have access to read all the amazing material. It takes a couple of seconds and your off to learning the Way of the Psion!

Chiristanity: Legit or not

Psions Viewing Thread (Psions: 0, Guests: 0)

Mouseroot
    Veggedout

Mouseroot Senior Citizen
    Official Member

The whole concept behind "Christianity" was to teach and show the people the proper NATURAL or COSMIC laws in a non-galactic way.

Such laws have been completely forgotten or only told in Sunday school, if that.

They use the images to worship GOD instead of realizing that within them is GOD, and the true purpose is to bring out your TRUE nature
    which aligns with the FORGOTTEN,HIDDEN laws.

Without knowledge of these laws we do as we want, because we either believe that we can just be forgiven as long as we follow guidelines OR
    we choose not to believe in consequences in various methods and ways.

While these are "laws" they are not exactly rigid, nothing in nature is they are proper guidelines that follow the TRUE nature of the universe
    when this "Jesus" character shows up and does this or that is HIS (or more like the general idea of what HIS) journey was like.

and while trying to imitate him is a way to progress, It is not that rigid and the laws themselves are in harmony and are not complex or difficult
    to understand

all of the concepts praying, repenting, etc... can be seen as forms of self empowerment, you are not confessing your sins to an external source but
    to yourself because it is you who must confront or empower yourself. Not in the fashion of ego stroking but in the sense of letting it go, not
    holding onto it because even pushing it aside is the same as holding it in you are essentially choosing to look away from the issue.

Instead we have the basic "Do this or suffer for all eternity", which as ANYONE can see is FEAR and doesn't teach a damn thing, more actually it
    creates a rigid polarity where you must pass your test of life to get rewarded.

When the entire undertones behind "Do this or suffer for all eternity" refers to the consequences of what will happen if people/society does not
    follow these NATURAL laws...and as anyone can look around and see we are in the hell we have been fearing.

So what happens when over time you are taught nothing but fear, taught that you are chosen like "gods children" with undertones that it implies
    you are ABOVE others...you either get the erosion of that persons spirituality making them essentially loose touch with who they were meant to be
    or the person decides to give up religion or worse.

(This was written actually a month ago, was curious on anyones input on it, I actually dont really care about Christianity, I feel that in the grand scheme of things, if you belive in X, then you belive in X...any do or donts that dont come directly from X...is suspect)

I kinda wanna debate if the religon holds any real merit or is it just a soul stealing program for the mundanes.

#1 Mouseroot, Jan 20, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2017
    Reapz
    Amused

Reapz Staff Manager
    Official Member

soul stealing program for mundanes that's my take though from the different point of views of different religious that ive heard about have different way of life which gives us different perspectives on the meaning of spirituality and lessons that come with it. so to answer your question is neither or

Thoughtful
    Question

Thoughtful Senior Citizen
    Official Member

Agnostic world view, just a heads up.

Most religions work off fear and rewards. Why? Because they work. Really really well. Humans are social creatures, It's been said to death. We like to feel apart of something, we love to love and be appreciated. So much so that it actually hurts us to see others suffer (empathy). Religion is so effective because it combines our need for community with our fears of isolation.

At this point, for me anyways, religions are used to collect money and divide people. Christianity is a good example of the many religions that are obsessed with death. They focus less on life and put restrictions on natural biological urges like sexual attraction. This puts people into a confused state where they percieve feelings that are natural but are told are wrong by their community. As we see in Islam this frustration leads to a straight up fear of women as "tempters".

If you want actual wisdom look at eastern philosophies. Most are less "angry" than western stuff and form the basis of most of the good parts people cherry pick from the abrahmic religions. Not to mention they've had much more time to think about reality (civilization wise).

Don't even get me started on religion's anti-science nature.

TL:DR
    Religion divides humanity with hate and distracts from the beauty of life. Exploring philosophy and the "otherworldly" independent of an organized religion would probably be more useful to you.

Ryzan and Demoplayer like this.
    Zerachiel
    Amused

Zerachiel Senior Citizen

I believe religion all has it's specs of truth, but I believe it can bring people together if people were to realize all religions are pretty much regurgitations of one another with it's own spin. Atleast that's how I see it. Although, it can divide if those people like the "elitist" type by that I mean people like pastors, popes, etc have the power to shepherd people into thinking it's not f they have the mentality of a sheep of course.

Demoplayer likes this.
    TheCovetingMagus
    Angelic

TheCovetingMagus Senior Citizen

I've never heard anyone ask whether Christianity was pro-religious or spirituality draining before, but in my opinion it was constructed to be both. In order to really see what it's about, you have to take its history into account.
    I'm sure we're all familiar with the outlawing and slaughter of Paganism that came about (give or take) about 1000 years ago? WHY this took place is a question that answers many questions.
    On a continent that was primarily Pagan, I find it hard to believe that some 'innocent' reason brought this about---I don't think people got scared about spirits or their own afterlife.
    No, the simultaneous rise of Christianity and fall of Paganism in Europe was brought about by greed alone for monetary, political, and social control (also the control of magick).
    Take away their spiritualism, give them someone to pray to...most Christians pray to god, not Christ. This was very strategic, for reasons I'm sure we're all aware of. Give them fear!
    So this is how it's played out: people lost their more subtle senses, began to think something innocent was in league with the most evil of evils, gained fear of rebelling, and became completely programmed.
    In conclusion Christianity is not all bad. Prayer in the Christian form is ultimately what lead me to the truth, my spiritual path, and has helped me overcome a tremendous horror from my past---all at the same time. (You wanna talk about synchronicity! I wish I could tell you how this prayer was answered.)
    The religion itself helps people stay in check, even though it is a big lie. There are also lots of truths in the bible, but they are merely SYMBOLIC, and taken as literal. The beginning of Genesis is a perfect example of this.

It's neither completely true nor completely fake. As most of us are probably aware, all religions can get you in touch with Spirit.
    Christianitys biggest faults are claiming to be the only way, and how it is taught.
    "I have said, ye are all gods, ye are all sons of the most high."
    Look that scripture up. ...They don't really acknowledge this. If they do they don't teach it.

Demoplayer likes this.
    Varric

Varric Staff Manager

I always thought of religion as just another control method where a group of people use certain rules or laws to contain society to a paticular way or whatever. Guess I've never paid much attention to any of it not being raised religiously. I was always told that god exists but the rules to follow were as my father put "don't be a dumbass and God will understand."

Zerachiel likes this.
    Mouseroot
    Veggedout

Mouseroot Senior Citizen
    Official Member

Its just hard to look at all those people in the church and say every single one of them is wrong, I mean im sure some of them must feel something, else they would say its a sham...although there are people who are delusional and think its "eventually" going to happen.

I just think that maybe to say its all bunk and mind control is too...premature is the word I would use. I dont think the church has an answer but I dont think the average christian or catholic is "Wasting" their energy as I stated before as a strong intent is utilized mostly through fear but for most its more solid than any of thier other beliefs...So they must be achieving some form of results.

Im not really sure as when I was in that position it was mostly asking god for things, not inner perspective on my life.

TheCovetingMagus
    Angelic

The absolute void that exists beyond and enables ain/ain soph/ain soph ain is simply that---void.
    It is only one thing, and without it there would be nothing.
    (This is a paradox---it cannot not exist)
    Therefore, we are of the void, which is pure energy.
    When you call upon the universe, which is really all one thing, divided yet whole, and you get an answer, you will know it is from 'God'. The same can be said of when you find the universe working in your favor without you calling upon it.
    There are delusional people in religions. Do we, occult practitioners, not strive to stay away from self-delusion, and practice discernment?
    All things are of 'God'. When you practice any form of spirituality, including religion and occult practices, you can 'get in touch' with it.
    The trouble comes from humanity's faults, such as greed, our powerful conscious mind, and the environment we have created for ourselves.

Demoplayer likes this.
    Varric

Varric Staff Manager

Can you reword that in dumb people english. I'm not that smart and couldn't understand most of that.

Mouseroot
    Veggedout

Mouseroot Senior Citizen
    Official Member

I believe what he is referring to is the tree of life, and that at the very top of the diagram is the 3 or 4 outer rings that represent the "source" or "void"
    and then he says that any spirtual work is 'getting in contact' with the void or source and in relation to christianty hes saying that our own ego is preventing us from acheiveing any real "hollostic" or "global" progress because of it....or thats what I got from it.

Which I agree with, however I belive that its not just that simple, like he stated above its a paradox so its really outside of our understanding, much like a multiverse or the universe itself, we have ideas but im sure few actually grasp the complete concept. and in comparison to christinaity which claims that "you dont really need to know it, just know God and your good" is obvious ignorance but because of our greed and our non-hollistic world view and values its always about number 1, and who gives a damn about everyone else.

Varric

Varric Staff Manager

Isnt tree of life a pagan diagram. Not Christian?

The rest of that just seems like overcomplication of something basic.

Never did understand why the divine is supposedly incomprehensible to a mortal mind.

It doesn't seem that complex to me. I guess people give God a notion of intangible and in doing so warp their own ability to understand him.

Maybe i just misunderstand all of this.

Mouseroot
    Veggedout

Mouseroot Senior Citizen
    Official Member

Well if you consider something like "everything has energy"...can you even see that in your mind? "everything has an aura", and finally "we are all connected"....can you really fathom the lightshow and the particle streams that are happening right in front of you...what about when someone expresses an emotion? it has color, texture and a radiance about it...we cannot see any of this, and we understand some of it.

But can you really grasp the full concept of something so metaphysical, and this is not even Christianity at all, they believe some dude up in the clouds is like the NSA and watches and logs everything so when you die you get to re-live your worst moments in front of your friends and loved ones.

So the main reason its overcomplicated and made to be some massive thing is because the people it targets are already small-minded and close-minded...as like above any person with a brain can see its all smoke and mirrors.

Zerachiel
    Amused

Zerachiel Senior Citizen

The tree of life exists in multiple faiths, albeit christianity as usual likes to take old faiths and make it theirs you know, like new age xD

but honestly the whole calling a higher power god in my opinion tends to be self demeaning at least the humanity's definition of what a god is and isn't, giving more importance to a race of being themselves seems a tad bit sad. Even the concept of source as a higher power is fine, but calling it god seems weird. Though I guess some consider source a conscious entity.

Demoplayer likes this.
    Varric

Varric Staff Manager

Yes. Its not that hard. If the picture looks too big i step further back until it becomes small enough to understand. Perhaps i lose some of the smaller details in doing this but it becomes comprehensible.
    They do? I guess i need to study religions more.

I like to think that gods and angels and all those other things are all around us and we just don't open our eyes enough to see them.

We as humans are so quick to condemn anything beyond normal reason as false that we don't look at the possibility of it being "magical" on the same concept we do the opposite too often as well. Saying everything is god or everything is the result of some magicalness. That is equally ignorant.

Grey areas exist too.

Zerachiel likes this.
    Mouseroot
    Veggedout

Mouseroot Senior Citizen
    Official Member

This is what I meant when I said premature a few posts above, we just make a quick choice and thats our final answer, I just that that along with things that have always been there, the unconscious of an individual can create thoughtforms and other things, so in a sense its all real, because we make it real.

Alot of people are lopsided, either too mundane or too magickal, when the truth is it all overlaps.

Varric

Varric Staff Manager

I do not know what thoughtforms are. I was speaking on how i take things into perspective. Its not an energy thing its mindframe.

From an energy standing i do not see see energy very well. So it did not occur to me that someone might try to see everything physically see it. That seems silly though it would be like trying to look outside your window and then describe everything from the direction of blades off grass that are bent to what your neighbor is doing in their kitchen through their window. If you try to explain it all at once you'd fail.

But if you took it one step at a time and took a step back and a breath its possible. It may take a bit but its possible.

I use the same approach to what you described. I don't try to take it all in at once. I take in as much as i can. Process it and then go back at it.

By doing it no anything in sessions a seemingly immortal task can become feasible and easily done.

Its all about mindframe and endurance. I don't consider myself very good at anything I've read around this site a bit now and you guys are all probably better than me. But i like to think I'm persistent.

And that metaphor got away from me a bit... oh well.

TheCovetingMagus
    Angelic

Basically there is a void that enables the entirety of everything we know of (including itself), which means everything contains the energy of the void, as it is the parent, the creator.
    Though we are condensed versions of the void, we can find it in ourselves and use it for anything. Since nothing would exist without it, it can literally do anything.

Varric

Varric Staff Manager

I'm just gunna agree to disagree and walk out of this thread now.

Zerachiel likes this.
    DruidicDamnation
    Pensive

DruidicDamnation Senior Citizen

I am more lenient towards the old gods such as Odin,Zeus ect. an not so much Christianity but, It's classified as a "Religion" so I accept it.

TheCovetingMagus
    Angelic

You've sparked my interest. Will you tell me what you disagree with?