1. Hello Guest! Welcome to Psion Nation. Currently you do not have an account with us so you are limited on what you can see here at the Nation. Sign Up for free you can have access to read all the amazing material. It takes a couple of seconds and your off to learning the Way of the Psion!

Chiristanity: Legit or not

Psions Viewing Thread (Psions: 0, Guests: 0)

Varric

Varric Staff Manager

I'm pretty sure i disagree with your understanding and beliefs on a fundamental level.

However they are your beliefs and i shall respect them as such :)

Zerachiel likes this.
    TheCovetingMagus
    Angelic

TheCovetingMagus Senior Citizen

And I shall respect yours! That being said, I would very much like to hear your beliefs.

Shattersquad

Shattersquad Citizen
    Official Member

There is a theory it's based of aliens... and as growing up catholic, it doesn't seem that far off lol. Those people are nuts.

Ryzan
    Bitching

Ryzan Senior Citizen
    Official Member

I don't think Christianity is a legitimate religion tbh. I think this religion came to existence cause some egotistical people grouped themselves together and got jealous from other religions and created their own. They founded their own God, their own practices, and symbols off of other religion. For example, Jesus looks more like a skinny Zeus. Cruciforms looks like an Ankh made by an idiot.

Hence. Why I think it doen't exist tbh. This 'do this shit or suffer' is actually idiocy, honestly. Any religion which compels you to follow it by force JUST because some bunch of leaders or other persons can use them is not an legitimate religion.

This is just my view of how I see things, so spare me your offence.

DruidicDamnation likes this.
    Zerachiel
    Amused

Zerachiel Senior Citizen

That's basically a lot of today's faiths that take after the "ancient" faiths lol. I mean nothing wrong with creating your own religion, just sadly it also creates bigots.

Ryzan likes this.
    Varric

Varric Staff Manager

At least 70% or so of the world disagrees with you right now.

Thats all religions dude.

Every religion since ancient times has borrowed symbols from another relgion and the first religions borrowed their symbols from nature.

The Christian Cross is actually a simplified version of the Celtic Cross which was originally the Pagan Cross.

The Ankh is usually associated with a Key Loop. Particularly considered a Key to the doorway to the afterlife. Since afterlife was such a major importance in ancient Egyptian religion having a key too it was symbolic in the worship. Which is why it is the most commom symbol found in burial tombs and on sarcophagus as well as found with the dead on their persons.

Also the cross is one of the top three most occuring structure naturally found. Which is where its orgins come from. It is simple to make and naturally found. And at a time when your metal work invoved a hammer and an anvil and your jewelry was all made by hand at 3000 degrees you wanted something simple to make vs something fancy.

Calling someone an idiot for having a similar structure as another just shows your own lack of knowledge on the origins of the symbols

This part just shows that you have a deep seated resentment and hatred towards a religion you have just shown to know very little about and for that i am sorry you feel this way.

I do not think anyone here would take offense to your opinion. I mean you are entitled to it.

I do hope you learn to accept others for their differences friend. :)

TheCovetingMagus likes this.
    TheCovetingMagus
    Angelic

TheCovetingMagus Senior Citizen

No, no, no. Wicca and paganism do not tell you that you must be their religion in order for a good afterlife. Neither do buddhism or taoism, I believe.

Varric

Varric Staff Manager

I personally see wicca, Buddhism and taoism as belief systems and less as religions since a religion is more like a buisness that deals in faith and a belief systems is just a series of documented teachings that are recommended as to be followed but not enforced.

The enforcement to me is what seperates a belief from a religion. The average person doesn't try to force or enforce beliefs. A religion however does.

Which is why a religion is a belief but a belief is not a religion.

Varric

Varric Staff Manager

Also wicca classifies itself as a belief system and not as a religion. Furthering my arguement

Zerachiel
    Amused

Zerachiel Senior Citizen

Wicca is a religion though, it's a recognized religion.

DruidicDamnation likes this.
    Varric

Varric Staff Manager

Yes to those that have a different view of religion and what defines a religion.

Wicca had no central authority and no ties to any churches or places of worship. Instead they suggest a "worship on your own philosophy " and have covens at best that practice the beliefs together.

Its recognized as a religion formally but i have never met a wiccan in my life who has claimed their religion as wiccan. They've all called it their belief with no formal religion. Although i have met a few who will put it in as their religion on forums because the forum requires a religion.

I guess this is more a matter of opinion on what makes a religion vs what makes a beleif.

Zerachiel
    Amused

Zerachiel Senior Citizen

I've met quite a few who have, mainly in the facebook communities "wicca is my religion witch is my practice"
    there's things like wiccan witch, christian witch, etc etc.

Varric

Varric Staff Manager

Good for those people i will still adamantly and stubbornly disagree :)

Even if i am wrong.

Ryzan
    Bitching

Ryzan Senior Citizen
    Official Member

Hey, thanks for correcting me. Tbh, I never went deep down studying Christianity. Reminds me of someone and I am like, No thanks.
    Anyway, that was interesting to read, thanks for the info~

Zerachiel
    Amused

Zerachiel Senior Citizen

I know :)