1. Hello Guest! Welcome to Psion Nation. Currently you do not have an account with us so you are limited on what you can see here at the Nation. Sign Up for free you can have access to read all the amazing material. It takes a couple of seconds and your off to learning the Way of the Psion!

Combat and Defence thread.

Psions Viewing Thread (Psions: 0, Guests: 0)

Onyx Blayne
    Darkness

Onyx Blayne Senior Citizen
    Official Member

Apart from magic and sparring we should have this kinda forum to share techniques and skills.

Will Worker likes this.
    Will Worker
    Tired

Will Worker Citizen

Hello,

we could also have a list of qualified referees, a training corse for future referees and a channel (chatroom) speficially dedicated for energy sparring and referee training. More could be done within that department, but we'll see what type of suggestions and ideas users will propose while which of them operators can execute.

Best regards,
    Will Worker

Onyx Blayne
    Darkness

Onyx Blayne Senior Citizen
    Official Member

Yes, that makes alot of sense.

Perses Keraunos
    Cool

Perses Keraunos ♛First Elder of the Nation♛
    Official Member

I can feel that this would end up with a lot more of RPs than be taken seriously.

Chocolate likes this.
    Will Worker
    Tired

Will Worker Citizen

Hello,

that depends on how harsh will be the referee selecting process, take a joker as a referee and expect a dissaster, take someone with brass balls and expect reports from crybabies.

Best regards,
    Will Worker

Varric likes this.
    Perses Keraunos
    Cool

Official Member

The problem is that those that could be legit referees would need to want to become one, or else we could end up with someone that wants to be a referee, and is even a professional person, but has no skill to be one.Can't referee something when you can't even see or sense it.

And I've heard a lot 'bout stories of people chatting 'bout their spars as if they were in a "RPG forum", which honestly made me think of the entire thing as fake and useless.Better spar against a being that's legit than against someone that is writing their actions and rolling the dice.

AtmoKinetic
    Thinking

AtmoKinetic Verified Scanner
    Official Member

For referees its best to use anyone, as it is a good way for people to practice scanning, and even if they are inaccurate, who the hell cares? Spars aren't for losses or wins, o-o. Or not to me.

FlyingPenguin and Aliter like this.
    Perses Keraunos
    Cool

Official Member

People can practice scanning anytime with anyone that's up to it, but in a spar it's always best to have someone that's accurate like an eagle.It's not 'bout win or loss, but 'bout two, or more, people developing their abilities in a controlled fight and being able to get decent feedback from it.

FlyingPenguin, Varric and Will Worker like this.
    Varric

Varric Staff Manager

The forum for this already exists.

http://community.psionnation.com/forums/spar/

As for indivual threads with techniques your more than welcome to make one in this forum :)

We don't really have dedicated or titled referees because then everyone goes to those people for all their stuff and that wears out those indivuals and then they usually stop reffing or go inactive or say no over and over etc.

I personally think that reffing a spar can be considered a scan and after someone refs any spar i see no reason why the indivual parties can't review it the same as a scan under this forum here:

http://community.psionnation.com/threads/scan-requests-official-scanner-reviews.4782/

Just list the type of spar instead of type of scan.

I see no reason why we can't use that thread for this purpose.

If enough members get enough good and consistent results for accuracy i am sure that member could then petition baal for a custom title that says "verified referee" or something

Perses Keraunos
    Cool

Official Member

I think that anyone with "verified scanner" already could also be considered a verified referee, so no need for an extra title.

Varric

Varric Staff Manager

I do too. But some scanners may not feel comfortable reffing and vice versa. So i would leave that up to a per indivual basis.