1. Hello Guest! Welcome to Psion Nation. Currently you do not have an account with us so you are limited on what you can see here at the Nation. If you sign up for free you can have access to more amazing material. It takes a couple of seconds and your off to learning the way of the Psion!
  2. If for some reason you can not sign-up using the registration system you may send us a "SignUp Email" to SignUp@PsionNation.com. Title the email: Create Account. We will need you to send us a Username you wish to use, a password you would like to use, and a birth date. If you do this you will have an account to login with and be apart of the Nation in no time.

Common False Elemental Kinesis and Psionics concepts & Explanations

Psions Viewing Thread (Psions: 0, Guests: 0)

Psi-Gúrú
    Darkness

Psi-Gúrú Senior Citizen

Alright this is for all of those who claim that 'this' psionic ability is harder than 'this' one and so on.
    Actualy I mean for the same Parent skills and branches of Psionics.
    Like every skill and ability, be it Psionics or something in physical level (dancing, martial arts, music, art etc.) everything starts with the basics. No building without the base.
    No tree without the roots.
    End so on. Psionics start off with energy manipulation and everything else after that is still energy manipulation just higher skill level and form. Most people think that they can do some high Psionic ability without having the basics of it right. I have seen many people saying here that for example: Geokinesis is harder than Aerokinesis.
    Or that Shielding is harder than making a weapon. Or telepathy is harder than empathy.
    All these comparisons belong to same group, AKA Parent or a Branch.
    There is no 'Harder ability than (random ability here)'. The truth is that starting from the basics, EM, and moving on to higher (like building a high building) skills Psychokinesis and Telekinesis and other sub-forms and branches of them are fundamentaly neutral and all of them are equal.
    It just depends on a person, it varies, if you know what I mean.
    This is how it starts and how it crushes peoples progress.
    Person A: Today I will try developing Geokinesis.
    Person B: Okay tell me how it went later.
    Person A: Ugh, dude, like Geokinesis is hard, but Aerokinesis seems easier to me. OMG, must be beacuse Air is more easier to move and stuff.
    Person B: Okay, I believe you, makes sense. I will go by your footsteps.
    End of story. This is how people get tangled up in false conceptions by un-experienced people. The common ones find themselfs in Elemental Kinesis.
    I'll explain:
    4 classical elements
    Air, Water, Fire and Earth.
    They are fundamentaly neutral and that's it! Neither of them is harder, powerful or weaker than another. They are all perfectly balanced in this Universe. If what un-experienced people claim that Fire is more powerful and Water is sooo weak were true. Than the world we live in today wouldn't exist 'cause of the imbalance. Like saying 'A knife is no match for a Katana!'.
    Real side is, it depends on how someone uses it.
    Imagine a swordsman with 30 years of experience in all types of swords and quick combat and a so-called 'claimer in difference' person getting into a fight.
    Swordsman has a knife, other person has a katana and has no idea how to handle it and chop down the other guy. Remember, the old swordsman had many years of experience in all types of swords and weapons for quick combat. His body is conditioned to stuff like that while other person's body isn't. Bell rings! Swordsman takes down the other guy just in 5 seconds before he even blinked!
    Point of the story: 'Size and shape of the natures creations do not matter in which ever measure they are put to or anything else. It all varies in Who uses them and How. Someone with Fiery element and personality may be harder at achieving HydroK while someone with Water-like personality and element could be slow at PyroK progressing. The key thing is 'The Tune'. How well your energy is in the tune with something results in how good you are handling it.
    Ih look a good comparing within your own body.
    All organs work along. If one gets sick then others yell work help and make a big mess and which results in sickness and you feel like crap. Imagine what would happen if one of the elements in nature one day started getting stronger or weaker than others. Chaos, right?
    The thing in nature how fire (the Sun) and water (the rivers, lakes seas etc.) when interacting differentely if too much sun vaporises water and a draught happens and if too much clouds and rain block sun light don't create chaos is when no one controls them how they will react. Nature flows smoothly when all elements are eavenly powerful, AKA neutral. One small shift causes chaos. But this happens normaly when floods or forest fires happen. It balances out after that. You can say: Oh, hahah, it's just how each element reacts to another.
    But human's latest technology controlls weather caused serious issues. Don't listen to other people saying that one skill is harder than other if they are in same branch and if you haven't been eperienced in that.

DruidicDamnation likes this.
    Varric

Varric Forum Moderator

Some abilities are harder than others tho... yes lack of experince is a driving factor but lets go back a bit.

You talk about abilties having "parent skills" and things you need to learn first but you then say they're all as easy as each other.

Not true. Here's the reason.

All of the various "kinetics" are the same fundamental ability. To affect the physical in some way using energy.

If all of these are the same fundamentally its easy to assume they'd all be just as easy to prefrom. As you did.

Now then understanding that lets explain why somethings are harder and that's due to the nature of the physical.

When you are exerting energy to affect the physical you have to force whatever your attempting to affect into a motion an action. Almost always some sort of movement is involved. To make something move in itself is harder or easier depending on what it is your attempting move. A fluid object is more malleable on an atomic level than a solid one. A gaseous easier than fluid.

And so following that statement some things ARE harder than others.

Energy work follows similar parameters but its been discussed so many times on other threads i don't feel like typing out a few paragraphs that have been said elsewhere.

Zerachiel and Chocolate like this.
    Psi-Gúrú
    Darkness

Psi-Gúrú Senior Citizen

people have different energy state and behaviour. Someone having colsolidated energy who is an expert in TK or elemental Kinesis can easely affect solid matter. Even liquid but hardly to get a good grip on it. But on a gas, not without a forcable or violent grasp.
    While someone with liquid-like energy behaviour can vary between other states of matter, but mostly depends on their mind factors.
    I know solid is hardly to move, but a good energy tune to solid like colsolidated energy type and related mentality can do a trick.
    Etc.etc.
    About parent skills I mean TK is a parent or a 'mother' to Elemental Kinetic skills.
    If deeper, then GeoK is a parent to sand, ceramics, grass, rocks manipulation and so on...
    When I say fundamentally neutral I mean it by within each branch everything is neutral.

Varric

Varric Forum Moderator

You've met expert kinetics that can attest to this then?

Psi-Gúrú
    Darkness

Psi-Gúrú Senior Citizen

Not met, saw one.
    And not just an expert. An expert with colsolidated energy type.
    And if you can understand that you can't aproach something rocky with you having moldable state.
    And so on with other 3.
    Two things need to click.

Varric

Varric Forum Moderator

Rephrase that please?

Psi-Gúrú
    Darkness

Psi-Gúrú Senior Citizen

Ahem. Someone might be better at healing, someone else might be better at GeoK, some other person might be good at projecting, and the other person might be better at HydroK. While they all can develop eachothers abilities but just the time for each of them achieving it is different.
    It's called variables.
    There are dozens of them, primary are: Energy type (can be colsolidated which clicks with moving solid objects, can be fluid, which clicks with moving fluid matter etc.), personality, devotion, right knowledge of their goal etc.
    Secondaries are all other stuff that's left.
    Psionics is something that is hard and easy to users depending on their variables. That's why it's neutral. Just like nature and life, they are fundamentally neutral and have no meaning, until we give it. Get it? I can re-rephrase that and make it even complicated to understand XD

Psi-Gúrú
    Darkness

Psi-Gúrú Senior Citizen

By 'other 3' I meant classical elements and a user practising with them.
    Person born under air sign and if it has maintained that personality and energy tape within itself even when going through puberty, thought it never can completely change 100%, beacuse it is our nature and we can't change who we are, and right AeroK knowledge given to it the person can easely develop it.
    Person born under Fire sign, same story, PyroK is easy for him.
    Another variable, someone with Water sign chose to be a bad person, compassionate, agrressive, practical, no control over it's desires, manipulative (and other Pyro type personality, but I am giving a example of my friend's state) can have a good grip on fire element, while again another variable, someone with fire element can choose to be a calm, compassionate, level-headed, adaptable, goes-with-the-flow type of person can have a good grip on water element, even thou its nature marked him as a fire type. -again this oe was my other friend's state as an example)

Varric

Varric Forum Moderator

Yea i don't understand any of that....

Xianfear
    Thinking

Xianfear Citizen

I think the Psi-Guru is trying to say that different people have different elemental affinities within their energy systems, so various kinesis are either easier or harder for each person. I believe he is also saying that a person's personality affects the difficulty of the kinesis as well, but I'm not exactly sure if I'm understanding that part correctly.

Psi-Gúrú
    Darkness

Psi-Gúrú Senior Citizen

you did.
    So awkward...
    Someone else explained my theory better than me.

Varric

Varric Forum Moderator

That literally means he admits some will be harder than others...

Chocolate likes this.
    Psi-Gúrú
    Darkness

Psi-Gúrú Senior Citizen

Exactly.
    But not to everyone a specific skill will be hard.
    People will have their own hard and easy skills.
    Not everyone would find TK hard.
    Not everyone would find AP easy etc.etc.etc.

Chocolate and DruidicDamnation like this.