1. Hello Guest! Welcome to Psion Nation. Currently you do not have an account with us so you are limited on what you can see here at the Nation. Sign Up for free you can have access to read all the amazing material. It takes a couple of seconds and your off to learning the Way of the Psion!

Darkness Manipulation: How Do I Increase My Control?

Psions Viewing Thread (Psions: 0, Guests: 0)

aggressions fear
    Lurking

I need a little help with a big problem.
    You see whenever I manipulate darkness I feel as though I am not "grasping it" when I do it, it's almost as though I am only using a tiny fraction of my true strength. So far I am still rather bad at umbraK, but again it feels like I'm not living up to my current potential. If anyone has any information that can assist me please share.
    NO PETTY ARGUMENTS

Obscurus
    Darkness

Obscurus Citizen

What are you trying to do, specifically? Manipulating darkness in an energetic sense isn't much different from any other energy work. If you're trying to cause physical phenomena with it then it's going to be just as difficult as any other kind of psychokinetic effect (which is usually quite difficult). So what are you doing now and what do you want to be doing? With some specifics I might be able to give some specific tips.

aggressions fear
    Lurking

I am really just room dimming and messing with shadows, although I have made numerous attempts to create shadow orbs and shadow constructs and it just doesn't work. Right now my ability to stretch shadows is limited but getting better and my room dimming barely works, just enough to notice on camera. I want to be at a point where my room dimming makes the room from bright to dim. I feel like I can do it, but it's like twisting a cap with wet hands, I'm not utilizing my full potential.

Diazin
    Sweettooth

Diazin Mentor
    Official Member

Allow yourself to be dissolved into the darkness, then rebuilt back by it. Merge yourself with darkness.

DruidicDamnation likes this.
    Mardahak
    Inspired

Mardahak Senior Citizen

So you're trying to manipulate shadows and not elemental darkness? I don't know anything about manipulating shadows, but if it feels like you're grasping for the elemental darkness then it may not be a part of you and you might just be pulling small amounts of it from the literal shadows - which is not enough to properly build anything with.

aggressions fear
    Lurking

I am trying to manipulate both darkness and shadows.

Perses Keraunos
    Cool

Perses Keraunos ♛First Elder of the Nation♛
    Official Member

Ain't that a bit cliché?
    The bit of 'a tiny fraction of my true strength' seems like something a fictional character would say xD
    Reasearch, try everything you think of, check to see how good your foundation is.Sometimes we need to go back to the basics once in a while to get progress.

Diazin
    Sweettooth

Diazin Mentor
    Official Member

So what? Being able to get yourself dissolved is important as it prompts proper flow of energy. Being able to be reconstructed means you can come back to your feet no matter how far you go off.

The result of both is that your energy body is gradually constructed based on the energy you are working with.

Obscurus
    Darkness

Obscurus Citizen

Consider that while darkness is omnipresent it is just the absence of anything else. That might be why you have a hard time "grasping" it. Also consider that maybe you're trying too hard. I used to have the same problem when doing telekinesis; only when I would relax and have fun with it would I begin seeing results. If you push yourself too hard you may just shut down. Just some food for thought. Good luck.

Mardahak likes this.
    Mardahak
    Inspired

Mardahak Senior Citizen

Usually when I'm working with any element, I'll let in come from within myself. When working with corruptive elements (EX: light or darkness), I'll let them come from within, but I will by no means give them full reign over me - such elements can quickly develop negative side-effects even for those that have an affinity for them when they're wielded so willy nilly.

However, you do have a point. Elements such as darkness aren't easy to use without giving a little of yourself in return - such as when you dissolve yourself in the darkness, you're giving yourself into it. If you're prepared to give a bit of yourself to the darkness, then you should also be prepared for the side-effects that come with using a corruptive element.

The use of darkness is going to require you to take on some aspects of darkness itself - which varies greatly even between strains of darkness. So if in your practices you notice odd things happening with your body or mind or you're doing things that are uncharacteristic for you to be doing - do yourself a favor, cleanse your ES and put darkness down for a bit. Give your system a rest.

Follow this strictly if you wish to gain in your studies of UmbraK, go back to the basics, and research other things a little bit. It'll help your mind be more flexible if you give it a variety of things to think critically about. Heck, you may even find tips while researching something completely different that will further your journey with UmbraK.

Best of luck.

Diazin
    Sweettooth

Diazin Mentor
    Official Member

Within a same element there are degrees of purity and corruption. For all and any element basically. You gotta work with the purest aspects as possible, then learn to constrain the more corrupt aspects. This is the basis of thaumathurgy.

Thats why I find the use of a 'Godhead' so important, that is, a concept of what God is and further work with it. You dont need to subscribe to the abrahamic notion of God, I myself certainly dont, but learning to use it to achieve higher frequencies of thought and spirit, and thus of the elements themselves, it really pays off. Or at least learn how to use mental energy.

aggressions fear
    Lurking

(I am talking to everyone who has given information)
    thanks, every other time I've asked a question about darkness manipulation on any other site I have gotten wrong or slightly off topic answers.
    Can you elaborate?

Perses Keraunos
    Cool

Perses Keraunos ♛First Elder of the Nation♛
    Official Member

Don't know how people 'use' the 'corrupted version' of the elements.I always deal with what I believe to be the 'pure' stuff, so even believing that it can have another degree as you said, is hard to do.And yes, this means darkness as well, not just the classic elements.

Diazin
    Sweettooth

Diazin Mentor
    Official Member

Ill try to make it short and concise.

Think of water. You can have clear, crystalline water (high vibration of water element). You can have semi-polluted, but still drinkable water(mid vibration). You can have totally polluted water(low vibration). Its all water, and they will mix togheter just fine if you try.

Higher vibration, more active. Lower vibration, more passive.

If you mix them, what was then crystalline water is now polluted, but what was polluted water is now less polluted. So you basically used something that was originally pure to save and improve something that was corrupt and dirt. You used the active aspect of the element to improve its passive aspect. Adding enough water, you can even make it harmless.

And within every element, and their respective vibrations, there are the beings that live there, and can influence those who get in touch with them. Obviously, in the higher vibrations of the elements there are higher beings, and vice-versa.

When the elements are closer to the Godhead, or mental plane, they are of a higher vibration. When they are closer to the nature, they are of a lower. And still, you can sub-divide the elements present in the natural world in higher and lower ad eternum, so even what is usually attributed to the negative spectrum has its positive quality.

What determines how positive an element is is its tendency to be in conformity with the flow of the universe, in other words, how easy it gets in movement.

If you want to know more about this, I suggest you read Agrippa's book One, at least the first chapters, and also the Kyballion, which is a very short reading actually.

Diazin
    Sweettooth

Diazin Mentor
    Official Member

Not everyone has the same degree of mental hygiene you may have, and thus, not everyone is less suceptible to the lesser degrees of the elements as you are. But look around this board and you will see alot of fucked up people, so yeah, many here just fall prey to it.

SageYuu
    Sleepy

SageYuu Third Elder of the Nation
    Official Member

Stop hesitating and over concentrating. Focusing is nice and all but too much of it slows you down and actually limits your abilities. Another issue could be that you are simply not interacting with the energy intimately enough. I'm not necessarily referring to linking to it but more or less how you utilize the link and how you instruct the energy. Change it up, experiment. Purity is not the issue here, it's the restriction of the conscious mind. Treat it as a part of you and flex it like you would a limb, expand your mind into it, relax, and follow your instincts but not your desires.

blacksoul
    Gloomy

blacksoul Citizen

just like the color black is defined as the absence of color darkness i the absence of presence or existance