1. Hello Guest! Welcome to Psion Nation. Currently you do not have an account with us so you are limited on what you can see here at the Nation. Sign Up for free you can have access to read all the amazing material. It takes a couple of seconds and your off to learning the Way of the Psion!

Deletion of Inactive users or archiving accounts.

Psions Viewing Thread (Psions: 0, Guests: 0)

Osiris
    Question

Osiris Site Mediator
    Official Member

As title states, there are quite a few users who have no been active for at least 2 years....

Perses Keraunos
    Cool

Perses Keraunos ♛First Elder of the Nation♛
    Official Member

I don't know if this would be a good idea.Sometimes some people just get a lot busy with what's going on with their lives amd they end up without time to come here.My cousin for example, he's so busy with university and work that he wasn't able to enjoy the site for a while now.
    Should he lost his account and everything 'cause he had to put his studies and work in first place?Doesn't seem fair, does it?

I think that the best option in this case would be to delete inactive "new" accounts.Those that have less than 20 or 10 posts and probably don't even have a picture as avatar, but haven't been active for a year or more.
    They always made me think that these kind of accounts were made by trolls or people that just wanted to preach 'round.

Launa and Osiris like this.
    Osiris
    Question

Osiris Site Mediator
    Official Member

Perhaps an email could be sent out to accounts of these types. I do see what you are saying about the inactivity.

Perses Keraunos
    Cool

Official Member

I don't know if he even had the time to check his e-mails, he barely has a social life at this point.

That's why I gave the idea of a certain quantity of posts an "inactive" account should have to avoid being deleted.Think 'bout it, there are accounts with 5 or even 0 posts that haven't seen action for a long time.
    And some of their posts usually was 'bout their doubts in psionics, how we should follow J.C. to find redemption, or just one or two questions 'bout energy or psionics and then nothing else.

Launa and Osiris like this.
    Launa
    Devilish

Launa Citizen

Plus there are tons of accounts we would have to rummage through, If I recall correctly, the admin panel will show you a list of all accounts with the emails etc, but I don't know if it really has an order? I'll link this article to Baal, but I can get on board personally with removing newer accounts that are extremely inactive. Archived accounts are archived for a reason however, their content etc that people find useful.

#5 Launa, Mar 14, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2017
    Zerachiel
    Amused

Zerachiel Senior Citizen

The AP doesn't show the inactive accounts, it's all just alphabetical or at random, deleting accounts from a site with over this many users will take too long. I also don't see why this really matters as it doesn't really affect you if they are there or not.

Launa likes this.
    Launa
    Devilish

Launa Citizen

Ya, I meant like all the accounts as a whole not inactive <3 ~ I typed it awkwardly my B

Zerachiel likes this.
    Zerachiel
    Amused

Zerachiel Senior Citizen

Oh no I was talking about towards the main post sorry lol

Launa likes this.
    Perses Keraunos
    Cool

Official Member

Why not send a message to the accounts that have under 30 or 20 posts and that have been inactive for a while to see if the people who created 'em want to keep it?With a minimum limit of posts that an inactive account should have we would keep away the trolls and bad apples that just want to be hardcore skeptics that never try a thing or preach to others 'bout the holy salvation and yada yada.