1. Hello Guest! Welcome to Psion Nation. Currently you do not have an account with us so you are limited on what you can see here at the Nation. Sign Up for free you can have access to read all the amazing material. It takes a couple of seconds and your off to learning the Way of the Psion!

Dizziness During Astral Projection Phaze

Psions Viewing Thread (Psions: 0, Guests: 0)

DruidicDamnation
    Pensive

DruidicDamnation Senior Citizen

Title says it all, From what I know about Astral projection you are meant to feel weird sensations all around when you are trying to 'get out' but this one time a few nights ago, I felt nauseous when I imaged myself standing beside the bed I was in at the time, I was assuming it is normal for this to happen so early into the projection but I just want to make sure if your meant to feel this first or last etc. Thank you.

Thoughtful
    Question

Thoughtful Senior Citizen
    Official Member

Astral projection is a pretty personal thing. Each person shifts their perspective to, essentially, a new body that is inhabiting what is, to the projector, a new reality entirely. The sensations from this process are universally labeled "weird" because of how new and different they really are.

What is experienced will be different for everyone. The response to the various sensation, what you experience, and even the sensations themselves. It's not as simple as "Step 1, feel A. Step 2, feel B and C..etc". While people might have similarities in what they feel and experience, it is important to realize that there really isn't anything you should feel. You will feel your own thing.

The fact that you felt anything "strange" or different during your attempt is fantastic and you should be proud. :relaxed:

Aliter and DruidicDamnation like this.
    DruidicDamnation
    Pensive

Thanks Thoughtful, I will keep practicing

AtmoKinetic
    Thinking

AtmoKinetic Verified Scanner
    Official Member

Actually, I would disagree with the idea that there is something you shouldn't have to feel. I have so far seen most people who I myself verified that can project, claims to have generally the exact same sensations during it. So I would really like to openly disagree with ths.

Now. @DruidicDamnation sounds relatively normally for the first few times. You are moving a portion of your consciousness to the project, you are likely going to experience dizziness and disorientation at the start.

DruidicDamnation
    Pensive

Yes, I don't know weather you have heard of him but the guy who made some astral projection techniques e.g the ladder technique or the rope technique. "Robert Bruce" the founder of these methods said that people would normally feel heart beat sensations in their chest, vibrations all over your body, Or disorientation Ect.

Thoughtful
    Question

Thoughtful Senior Citizen
    Official Member

My bad, I was a little vague in my phrasing. I know that people report similar sensations when projecting. My main point is that the projectors doesn't need a go through a checklist of sensations, nor should they attach any particular ordering to said sensations. It's not that you should feel A then B then C. It's simply that you can feel them in any order, or even only some of them, or something entirely new.

Hopefully this clarifies things.

Also, anyone interested in what the experiences and sensations of projecting might look like, but haven't projected yet. I'd recommend William Buhlman "Adventures Beyond the Body". Most of the beginning consists of his personal anecdotes, then the techniques come later.

Worth a read if you like reading. http://www.baytallaah.com/bookspdf/132.pdf

DruidicDamnation likes this.
    DruidicDamnation
    Pensive

Yeah, Thanks I will have to check him out. ;)