1. Hello Guest! Welcome to Psion Nation. Currently you do not have an account with us so you are limited on what you can see here at the Nation. Sign Up for free you can have access to read all the amazing material. It takes a couple of seconds and your off to learning the Way of the Psion!

Drama-free, Peacemakers be.

Psions Viewing Thread (Psions: 0, Guests: 0)

Perses Keraunos
    Cool

Perses Keraunos ♛First Elder of the Nation♛
    Official Member

We have mods, we have admins, but I think that we should have something as well, "mediators", "peacemakers", "counselors", etc.At least one or two-to be fair-people that wouldn't deal with the site the way the first two do.

These ones would act just like their names say, they would hear, and if possible "see", both sides of a story, if necessary search for more to uncover the truth, and then they would either find a solution to end the current conflict/drama or if necessary apply the measures to punish the one(s) in the wrong.
    They wouldn't act like the site's police or like the mods, they wouldn't have a "ban hammer", they would just be a pair of ears and eyes that would lend their services to help solve an issue.If needed be,they would be judges, jury and leave the execution to the higher ups.
    They would need to be impartial though, be skeptical 'till they've got all the evidence, and always try to find ways to solve the problems without needing to call an admin or mod.

They would mostly be a mix of pseudo-psychologists, mediators and problem solvers.

We have few dramas in here, but there are still some stuff that happens that we just don't see 'cause the ones in control try to control it.They just end up dealing with the effect, not the cause.

Demoplayer and Ulysses88 like this.
    Zerachiel
    Amused

Zerachiel Senior Citizen

Sounds a bit redundant lol, everyone is a peacemaker or what not, the only issue is some people can't get out of their feelings or bias behavior to see both sides, or the fact people like to turn it into a "you're either on their side or our side" way of thinking it just turns uber petty.

Perses Keraunos
    Cool

Official Member

Wrong.Everyone tries to be a peacemaker, but usually due to friendship or inability to be impartial, they end up just taking a side even if they don't notice.
    It seems redundant, but at least we would have people that would be the ones to deal with all that before going hardcore with the ban hammer or just shutting down threads of complains.
    Being unbiased is hard, but it's not impossible.Most people usually tend to be biased towards few "issues".

Zerachiel
    Amused

Zerachiel Senior Citizen

How is that wrong? it's practically all it is, sure people can try to be peacemakers but a lot of people are too caught in themselves or their bias viewpoints. That's the only issues with the concept of peacemakers, it turns redundant. OECs have their rules and what not, they aren't up for debate, drama gets cut out of the equation point blank. "Peacemakers" would just be an extra issue for people to whine about and create some conspiracy about as you can see it happens a lot in the sb.

Perses Keraunos
    Cool

Official Member

True, I never thought that I would see it as much as I do, but there is a lot of "conspiracy theory" going 'round this site.

Zerachiel likes this.
    Pocky
    Notworthy

Pocky Senior Citizen
    Official Member

I have to agree with them here, easily biased and corrupt.

Psionics1000
    Darkness

Psionics1000 Senior Citizen
    Official Member

How would you choose someone to be a peacemaker? I would like to assume this position if possible.