1. Hello Guest! Welcome to Psion Nation. Currently you do not have an account with us so you are limited on what you can see here at the Nation. Sign Up for free you can have access to read all the amazing material. It takes a couple of seconds and your off to learning the Way of the Psion!

Energy Manipulation: Energy Constructs - "Using Constructs To Kill"

Psions Viewing Thread (Psions: 0, Guests: 0)

BardicMagi
    Brooding

BardicMagi Senior Citizen
    Official Member

Yeah, I realise I kinda did what I said I wouldn't...
    And if it makes you feel better, I hunting dove, I used this tech instead of my shotgun, and I didn't waste the meat. The trees were already scheduled to be cut down because they were infected with a spore that could harm the entire forest. And the dogs had cancer and were already scheduled to be put down later that day. I want to be an ecologist, I wouldn't destroy nature just for the hell of it.
    And of course, this tech inspired me to make one where instead of being designed to kill, it puts the target on guard by filling them with just enough fear to get their adrenaline running through their veins. So I know this tech is really not the best ever, but some good is coming from it.

Bamaboy201, NecroCannon and Aeriixion like this.
    99tkemguy
    Angelic

99tkemguy Senior Citizen
    Official Member

Its possible and very true but requires mastery on all psionics levels.

NecroCannon and BardicMagi like this.
    BardicMagi
    Brooding

Official Member

Yay! Finally someone who isn't all like, 'I bet you didn't do this, this would require a ton of energy' or like, 'I refuse to believe you did something this ethically wrong!' lol

Perses Keraunos
    Cool

Perses Keraunos ♛First Elder of the Nation♛
    Official Member

Too much trouble when you could've do it(don't kill people!) with easier ways.Unless you develop yourself in a way to need less energy or that you don't have such a huge "casting time"(and yes, i borrowed a term from games) then it's best to use your body or weapons(again, i'm not saying to kill people!).What you're trying to do here is the same as using pyrokinesis or "casting a fireball" to light a candle or even a pyre.It's faster and easier to use a matchstick than going all hocus pocus.

Perses Keraunos
    Cool

Official Member

No one in their right mind would admit to doing something ethically wrong, unless they're attention-seekers.As for the bland skepticism, that is 'cause in this community we are more used to people saying but no "people showing" and due to that we have only two options, believe or not believe.If something seems alright and not too "fantastical" or as some put it "desilusional" then they believe more easily than when someone claims something of a bigger caliber.Maybe this is just jealousy due to people being jealous of those that can be above 'em, but it might also be 'cause people are more geared to a scientific approach(tests=evidence=belief) than a "religious approach" (pure belief).

Can't blame others when you claim something big.

Max Hamilton
    Cheerful

Max Hamilton Senior Citizen
    Official Member

If you did this, which no offense, I highly doubt, my question is why? I mean you're harming other animals, when I accidentally hurt my friends I have to do a lot to feel better, let alone killing something? I don't see the point in any of this, even if my life was on the line I would never kill another being purposefully, I would subdue them or knock them out, killing is just wrong, the way I see it, who gave you such authority over life and death?

Aeriixion and LinRae like this.
    Aeriixion
    Darkness

Aeriixion VIP Member
    VIP Member

I suppose it's a bit more justified when you phrase it as a mercy killing. I'm still not alright with it due to the potential for others to abuse it.

I take issue with some of your methodology description, as AtmoKinetic said; two stars? I thought that the world is a balance. The amount of energy utilized by a living creature on a daily basis is not remotely near that to what is created by a star; is the energy being siphoned off in a small trickle? I would think ambient energy and your own would be more than enough to affect a dove.

Taking 10 minutes to yield results sounds more like a slow death, though. Quick and simple is for more logical for mercy killing. It would make more sense to use psionics to help relax or calm a critter before effecting a physical solution that would be swift and virtually painless.

Perses Keraunos
    Cool

Official Member

I, however, believe that if you life or the life of your family is in danger and you have no option, then you should go all out and kill the source of danger.There are thousands of jobs that require someone to know the weak points, how to subdue a threat and how to minimize the damage, this is also something that some martial arts teach, however not everyone will have this knowledge or will be able to put it in practice once "the time" comes.Besides, most of the times the threat will be in number or armed, and no matter how prepared you are, you may need to do a choice.

I also believe that if someone says they're going to kill you or if they seem ready to act violently towards you, then they also give up their "right of life" and thus i'm allowed to do anything in order to preserve my life(or that of my family).If someone attacks you, then they know what might happen to 'em, so in the end they give you consent to attack 'em as well.
    Why should a person lay down and loose their life just 'cause they didn't want(or society doesn't want they) to take the life of the one that created the "violent scenario"?Life isn't fair, but we also shouldn't be idiots.

Max Hamilton
    Cheerful

Max Hamilton Senior Citizen
    Official Member

I'm not an idiot but I still wouldn't kill, regardless of anything that's happening, but I would harm someone so they stop attacking but killing just seems so dramatic to me

Ryzan
    Bitching

Ryzan Senior Citizen
    Official Member

Y'all stated that a highly advanced psion or a psion with a lot of energy would be able to do it (Even 40% of physical damage max imo) But 2 months are way too short, isn't it bard?

Perses Keraunos
    Cool

Official Member

It might be by accident even if you're just trying to harm the other, but if the other person is in a group or armed, i would prefer to not take chances.As we say in our family, "don't give luck/chances to bad luck", a bit overkill, but you also avoid being a victim of retaliation by the aggressor's side.

BardicMagi
    Brooding

Official Member

Well, I did. Nobody was there to stop me. Plus, the trees were dying, the dogs were scheduled to be put down since they had cancer, and the doves I killed using constructs instead of my shotgun.

BardicMagi
    Brooding

Official Member

No. It is a quick death. But there were four out of my thirteen subjects that for some unknown reason, didn't become affected by my construct until almost ten minutes after it was hit by my construct.
    And yes, my energy and ambient energy would be enough, but by drawing energy from two stars, the excess energy from making the constructs I just store in my energy system(my method to increasing my energetic capacity is repeatedly absorbing an amount of energy that is too much for my ES to handle).

BardicMagi
    Brooding

Official Member

My ideology is, someone trying to pick a petty fight with you break both their arms literally, if they are really trying to hurt you, kill them.

Roaring Lion

Roaring Lion Citizen
    Official Member

I think it depends on whatever your target is, if you are targeting a mere plant/minor animal, it can be "easy" if you practice and eventually you will success and kill it. But you can't kill a human only because you killed a minor plant, there is huge differences in all aspects, and it will take huge amount of energy and control and experience to do such thing.. My opinion about it..

LinRae likes this.
    Aeriixion
    Darkness

Aeriixion VIP Member
    VIP Member

Oh so you've had 13 test subjects so far? Seems like something that you should have mentioned in your OP.

Doing things like that... That's a damn good way to utterly screw up your ES, besides abusing constructs and programs. I'm really starting to think you should just take a break from the "advanced" stuff with constructs and just go back to the basics.

Ryzan and LinRae like this.
    BardicMagi
    Brooding

Official Member

Hmmm... Actually, that would explain why my energy system was so really badly fucked... Especially since I didn't clean my Es afterwards...
    And don't worry, I have already started with more simpler tasks with constructs, though only because with school finals coming up I don't have time to practice the harder stuff. lol

Roaring Lion

Roaring Lion Citizen
    Official Member

What/Who were your test subjects if it's okay for me to ask? :) if it's private i will respect it then, i'm just curious.

Perses Keraunos
    Cool

Official Member

Probably little rats and birds.

Roaring Lion likes this.
    BardicMagi
    Brooding

Official Member

Cancerous dogs, trees(scheduled to be cut down), and doves(instead of using my shotgun).