1. Hello Guest! Welcome to Psion Nation. Currently you do not have an account with us so you are limited on what you can see here at the Nation. Sign Up for free you can have access to read all the amazing material. It takes a couple of seconds and your off to learning the Way of the Psion!

Entity Encyclopedia

Psions Viewing Thread (Psions: 0, Guests: 0)

djdilan
    Fine

djdilan Citizen

One thing I would like to see implemented is a user created encyclopedia of Astral/Etheric/Energy based/etc. entities. The way I see this working out in my head is best explained through an example, say I encountered a new etheric entity, after the experience I would go on to PN and write something reminiscent of the following: It would go under a sub category for etheric creatures. Name:(lorem ipsum) [If you got one, that is] Description: It looked (lorem ipsum) and had (lorem ipsum) and it gave off a feeling of (lorem ipsum) [The goal for this part is to describe the creature in the utmost detail you can remember.] Hostile: (Y/N) [Just point out if the one you encountered was hostile or not and if it was how did you defend yourself or whatnot to help those who may come across the same creature later on] Anything learned: It told me about (lorem ipsum) and said (lorem ipsum). [This part shouldn't be shared without the consent of the entity if it was shared in confidence, but if you got permission or it was just some fact you learned from it you would put it here to help others widen their knowledge.] Extra Details: Watch out for it's (lorem ipsum) and don't remark about (lorem ipsum) that sets it off [This is just anything else you feel is important enough to write down. I feel like this would be a valuable addition to the site, and would help others understand their own encounters. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Zerachiel
    Amused

Zerachiel Senior Citizen

I think there was a thread like this by someone named "Aeriixion" however, it didn't go far also a lot believe astral entities are merely thought-forms rather than actual entities or entities from other planes projecting to the astral as we do.

Also, including the feeling and such could create a form of front-loading if someone wanted to see for themselves, and entities having their individual thoughts, actions, and the likes I think saying hostile or not would also be front-loading. Someone who would want to visit this being (if they are able to even enter the place the entity is) would be under the impression said entity would give off the same feeling or be the same to them as it was to someone else. Also with a name of the entity or do you mean name of it's race? if so I think the name of the race would be better if the entity were to tell you rather than making one up.

All considered, I do think this is a neat idea to try and implement at-least with a few tweaks here and there, it would make a pretty cool database

ancientlegend1 and Varric like this.
    djdilan
    Fine

djdilan Citizen

Thanks for the feedback and in the regards to the name I did mean race I apologize for not explaining clearly and I didn't consider the frontloading this would cause thank you for pointing that out, and I do hope that the proper tweaks can be made and this can become a resource to all of PN

Varric

Varric Staff Manager

Getting information people can even agree on aside.

A lot of the knowledge of races would be dangerous to aquire and even then some races don't like their info being shared.

And the people with that info may not be willing to share it because of those reasons.

Better off learning projections and hitting up a library or bookstore otherside and reading through the history and natural world sections.

djdilan
    Fine

djdilan Citizen

I can understand that, thanks for the advice!

Perses Keraunos
    Cool

Perses Keraunos ♛First Elder of the Nation♛
    Official Member

And even if people could agree, beings change with time.A 'lil bit or a lot, but they don't stagnate on what they are, so an encyclopedia would end up obsolete.

Varric

Varric Staff Manager

Not really in my exepriences. A race is a race. It doesn't really change.

Perses Keraunos
    Cool

Official Member

Small changes do happen though, with time.Nothing stays the same forever, unless it's frozen in time or out of time.But if it was out of time it would also not exist, even if it was alive and there.Gotta love a 'lil paradox once in a while.

Zerachiel
    Amused

Zerachiel Senior Citizen

Are you talking about evolution? I mean that can happen but an entire race wont change what they are o.o

Varric likes this.
    Varric

Varric Staff Manager

That makes no sense.

Perses Keraunos
    Cool

Official Member

Not what they are, at their core, but small things.
    I mean that some changes do happen, maybe something more 'bout their appearance.Just like humans and animals changed over time, some changed a lot while other races changed only a bit.

Zerachiel
    Amused

Zerachiel Senior Citizen

Like appendages? or? like can you elaborate?

Perses Keraunos
    Cool

Official Member

Maybe an organ they don't use anymore ends up disappearing, maybe they develop a new one to adapt.Maybe their appearance changes a bit to deal with a change in environment or maybe they develop a new ability that they didn't have before.
    Evolution and adaptation, that's what I'm talking 'bout.
    EDIT:This happens on the physical, why it wouldn't happen on the etheric as well?

I know I'm not great with words, but I don't think that I was that hard to understand.

Varric likes this.
    Zerachiel
    Amused

Zerachiel Senior Citizen

Oh now I understand

Varric

Varric Staff Manager

I highly doubt this supposed encylopedia and site will still be around a few millennia from now when any of that would even be relevant to it. And if it is. You'd just add an addendum like they would in any other species entry.

Zerachiel likes this.
    Null
    Curious

Null Citizen

I think this would be a good idea it shows the weakness of enitys and how to defend our selfs if any attack

Zerachiel
    Amused

Zerachiel Senior Citizen

I think weaknesses wouldn't be included mainly because there's people who go out of their way to attack entities for no real reason.

Perses Keraunos
    Cool

Official Member

Really?Even if you guarantee yourself, you're just buying trouble that could become worse in the future, can't imagine why someone would do this.

Zerachiel
    Amused

Zerachiel Senior Citizen

People actively try and gauge their strength by attacking beings that are probably further along them themselves.

Null
    Curious

Null Citizen

I was mainly talking about enitiy that target humans only not ones that don't