1. Hello Guest! Welcome to Psion Nation. Currently you do not have an account with us so you are limited on what you can see here at the Nation. Sign Up for free you can have access to read all the amazing material. It takes a couple of seconds and your off to learning the Way of the Psion!

Ethics and Rules (and oh boi, drama!)

Psions Viewing Thread (Psions: 0, Guests: 0)

Aliter
    Bored

Aliter Senior Citizen
    Official Member

It's an on-site issue.

Jadee9 and LinRae like this.
    DeltaUnit

DeltaUnit Citizen
    Official Member

Snow, please stop dodging around the conversation at hand.
    Although Dep may be going overboard, is there any way you can back up and justify your intrusion on your student's ES?
    That was deliberate harm to another student, and they were telling you to stop what you were doing to them.
    I wanted a scan, Dep did not want what you were giving him.
    I asked for a scan, but that doesn't justify what you did to Dep after said 'scan.'
    You referred to a student as a 'test rat.' Don't you think that's a little harsh?
    I will wait for @Depression Inc. to testify. Until then, I would like your thoughts on the other half of that evening's events.
    Although it did not happen directly on the site, though starting with a thread on the site, I don't think you should be teaching beginner-level psions for a while until you can handle them a little more responsibly. Please be more respectful with future students.
    Myself, included, who was naively drawn to you.
    Calling those who oppose you 'dramatic children' without saying anything to back yourself up will get you nowhere.
    We are not done. Let's stay civilized.

Jadee9 and LinRae like this.
    Pocky
    Notworthy

Pocky Senior Citizen
    Official Member

This would not be happening without the site. Yes, it took place on an offsite server, but it was people pertaining to the site and because of the site.

Mentor title gives him more of a look of trust. It's like if there was a cop without a uniform on and a ciop with one on, which is more trustworthy?

And I have multpile logs of him telling me to relax and stuff at the same time telling them to tell me to relax and saying he's going to help me.

#43 Pocky, Dec 22, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
    Zerachiel
    Amused

Zerachiel Senior Citizen

These people are on other sites too, what are you going to do? go to those sites and complain to them too? that is a failed argument lol.

Light_snow
    Breezy

Light_snow Psion Mentor
    Official Member

Okay so is that what you want then @DeltaUnit is for me to stop mentoring for a while? If this is what you want like you said in the Shoutbox than I will do as you wish but ONLY if you and your little groupie promise to stop this already and get back to actual important things that pertain to themselves and stop involving this community into unnecessary and over exaggerated drama.

Zerachiel likes this.
    LinRae
    Thinking

LinRae Senior Citizen
    Official Member

I can't speak for the rest of the folks involved, but I am only here on this site.

Perses Keraunos
    Cool

Perses Keraunos ♛First Elder of the Nation♛
    Official Member

It happened with people FROM the site and there is even an dicussion ON the site, but the entire thing happened OFF-site.It could compared to something like this: Two people that work in the same place, they talked a bit and decided to meet somewhere else.Their meeting had a bad ending and now they've brought this to their work place.Should this be an issue in their workplace or for their boss and other workers to deal with?

Titles are just that, titles.The trust doesn't come from 'em, but from the person that decides to trust a title instead of doing a bit of talk or search work.Sometimes even gut feelings help.
    When someone has to tell you multiple times to relax, you can be sure that subconsciously something tells you not to.That should've been an "alarm" to you.

Jadee9 likes this.
    Perses Keraunos
    Cool

Perses Keraunos ♛First Elder of the Nation♛
    Official Member

The problem isn't exactly involving the community, but the fact that they want the community involved in something that happened outside our eyes.
    I'm not saying that I believe in everything that happened in this entire drama, but to avoid a similar issue, I would suggest for you to try to develop more your abilities and focus more on yourself than others for a while.

Sometimes shit happens 'cause people are jerks, other times is 'cause people thought they had it under control but in truth they didn't know what they were doing.

Light_snow likes this.
    LinRae
    Thinking

LinRae Senior Citizen
    Official Member

1. It's not exaggerated drama, but I understand by discrediting these newbies with moderator helping you makes yourself look like less of a bad guy.
    2. Being that you did what you did and took advantage of rookie members, yes you should stop mentoring. We know you won't because it's a power trip for you.
    3. It is entirely necessary for precautions to be implemented to prevent something like this from happening in the future (which is my argument). If you noticed, my argument is for when the injured partiy(ies) have proof (such as this incident we do) that can be plainly viewed by other individuals. Ex. Screenshots. Chat logs. Etc.

Jadee9, Aliter and Light_snow like this.
    Zerachiel
    Amused

Zerachiel Senior Citizen

exactly WANT the community involved. the main keyword WANT.

ClassyAmoeba
    Spaced

ClassyAmoeba Senior Citizen
    Official Member

Back just to type one thing.

We want the community involved because we want to raise awareness...

Zerachiel
    Amused

Zerachiel Senior Citizen

We are legion for we are many mentality yo.

But anyway, you did a poor job of bringing awareness, still could of been smart in handling it but that was far from smart on how it was handled, the situation could've been handled with just delta, Baal, and Light snow. Now look what you all did? now was that remotely a smart choice. I don't think so.

Aliter
    Bored

Aliter Senior Citizen
    Official Member

In the instance of a co-worker hurting another? It HAS to be reported, whether it took place in the work place or not, so that was a bad analogy.

I get what you're saying. If this had been a case where only feelings were hurt then I wouldn't really care because words are just words. Actions are an entirely different ball game to me. I don't think Light should be banned or punished, but it's something that needs to be taken into consideration if he's looking to 'mentor' other people from this site who don't really know better.

Jadee9 likes this.
    DeltaUnit

DeltaUnit Citizen
    Official Member

These people do exist, and it is improbable to stop them all.
    But, that is not my goal. They will continue to exist no matter what I do.
    I will agree, we have caused a bit too much drama, and that is not what I wanted.
    I wanted the site to be informed, not enraged.
    Everyone seems so furious, and I am merely miffed... at both sides.
    I didn't want this to happen, but I won't forget it, either.

@Light_snow I don't want to argue anymore, and I suppose you can continue mentoring if you want to.
    Though, I will tell you this, though it sounds like a pitiful plea.
    Don't cause harm upon Dep or my guardian again, and I'll ease up.
    Better yet, cut all tethers, and stick to the promise that you won't make another in our direction.
    I would have liked to know your reasoning behind your behavior, and your inconsiderate actions against both entity and student, but it seems as though I cannot make the horse drink.
    That's fine, though not.
    Exasperated, I suppose this is where I will admit defeat.
    Don't gloat and get a big head, take it modestly.
    It is a lie that you did nothing, that was why I was upset.
    I will simply seek guidance from a new mentor.

Jadee9 and Light_snow like this.
    Zerachiel
    Amused

Zerachiel Senior Citizen

It may not be YOUR goal, but you chose a poor group to involve who as I stated before took control and turned it into a mess. The saying goes be careful who you allow in your circle, they can be helpful or they can be nothing but baggage.

You could've picked a more...productive form of awareness without the need for the backseat drivers. It turned into what 2 days of arguing? and most likely gossip that's all it did, hardly productive.

DeltaUnit

DeltaUnit Citizen
    Official Member

These people, though they have blown everything out of proportion, introduced me to this site.
    They have taught me many things, and I cannot simply abandon them.
    Walking the friendless road is vulnerable, and unwise.
    I will still be with them.
    I don't want trouble anymore.

Jadee9 likes this.
    Zerachiel
    Amused

Zerachiel Senior Citizen

People can teach you anything they know, but does not mean you need to stick around when things become detrimental. It's equivalent to a bad relationship. It's good you don't but you sparked this by including them regardless and we all have to deal with it. Friendship should be no excuse especially when friends bring drama.

I'm not saying drop them, far from it, but still could've been handled better.

DeltaUnit

DeltaUnit Citizen
    Official Member

It is not as though I would have anywhere else to go, other than plunging into the community blind to look for more people.
    It is too much of a risk, and there is no such thing as a perfect human.
    Stubbornly, I'll stick with comfort.

Jadee9 likes this.
    Zerachiel
    Amused

Zerachiel Senior Citizen

No one is perfect I agree, but I am simply saying look at what it turned into? if anything it just brings baggage, I'm sure you and Light both want the drama to be over.

DeltaUnit

DeltaUnit Citizen
    Official Member

I already admitted defeat. There is nothing more to be done.
    I have sacrificed enough, I am staying with them.
    Let's not drag this out further.