1. Hello Guest! Welcome to Psion Nation. Currently you do not have an account with us so you are limited on what you can see here at the Nation. Sign Up for free you can have access to read all the amazing material. It takes a couple of seconds and your off to learning the Way of the Psion!

Ethics and Rules (and oh boi, drama!)

Psions Viewing Thread (Psions: 0, Guests: 0)

ShadowNox
    Darkness

ShadowNox Senior Citizen
    Official Member

That's unfortunate.
    Basically this.
    (it is)
    That was pretty presumptuous, immature and rather unnecessary tbh. But pretty expected of you to say too so eh.
    there's a strong difference between you thinking it's necessary and it actually being necessary. many people would disagree and many have. not just here but in several communities online. i firmly believe that any rules pertaining to the site must strictly be about the functionality of the site and forums and nothing else. So do the owners. So do other people on the site.

I do think, though, that there is a reasonable solution that can be implemented that'd appeal to both crowds. A mentor rating system of sorts where if the mentor falls below a certain rating, they can't post as a mentor on the forums (aka they can't create a "Mentor looking for students" thread). Though in the end, even if Baal listened to what you guys wanted, it'd ultimately change nothing. He can just as easily still gain students and still continue to do what he's doing. But really, like any other person's response to this - it'd be to silence the cries and this feature may even prove helpful in the future anyways, for different reasons.

Zerachiel likes this.
    Zerachiel
    Amused

Zerachiel Senior Citizen

As I stated never said leave them, you're not reading what I said, Common ground is the point. But you do as you wish mate o7

Perses Keraunos
    Cool

Perses Keraunos ♛First Elder of the Nation♛
    Official Member

Maybe I shouldn't work on the department of analogies.

I would suggest for you to try to learn a bit more by yourself before seeking a new mentor.We've got good guides here and if you aren't lacking in will, then you won't have much trouble.

If I remember, the group was mostly newbies and maybe one or two intermediate people?

No one is telling you to abandon 'em, but instead of just keep going with this whole discussion why not just take it as a lesson?You want "justice", yet since the rest of us are just outsiders in this whole drama, none of us can help you to get "justice".Best way would be for everyone in this mess to create a PM for y'all and then try to settle everything there.

Prefection doesn't exist, and certainly wouldn't be in the form of a human.

Relax, this isn't a battlefield for you to admit defeat.Both sides had their rights and wrongs, the thing is that most of us are either too biased with one side or without all the info, to be able to make an impartial judgement.

Zerachiel likes this.
    Zerachiel
    Amused

Zerachiel Senior Citizen

Pretty much and you can see how that would turn out, if anything and I am open to the possibility of being wrong but 2 intermediates and rest noobies is hardly a accurate set up.

Thank you, literally never said abandon anyone, just meant watch who you involve in situations, just because they're friends doesn't mean they'll make it easy for you or the situation and this is a prime example. There was no insults or anything, despite a few misunderstandings on what I meant.

RockShan
    Happy

RockShan Senior Citizen
    Official Member

In my opinion, no offsite actions should be taken into account for punishment, as you said It's an unreliable system, and most if not all members would be banned at some point in time. Just get over it people, I don't care who is telling the truth but, there is many people out there willing to harm others, face it. Ya'll should of known better than to trust someone you have no past experience with, or not try to become a student under them without realizing he'll be training you, which if he finds it's helpful kill a spirit. Of course I don't know if that's what happened or not, but just leave my stance at "Don't care".

SageYuu
    Sleepy

SageYuu Third Elder of the Nation
    Official Member

[​IMG]

#66 SageYuu, Jan 4, 2017
    Grammar Edited by PN Staff: Jan 4, 2017
    Ulysses88 likes this.
    Onyx Blayne
    Darkness

Onyx Blayne Senior Citizen
    Official Member

As much as i hate to see fellow psions argue. This has been the most entertaining thread so far. The amount of negativity is stimulating.

Zerachiel
    Amused

Zerachiel Senior Citizen

Good thing I despise the label psion and refuse to claim it :p

Onyx Blayne
    Darkness

Official Member

What would you refer to yourself as then? If i may ask? Mage?

Perses Keraunos
    Cool

Official Member

You despise it?Never noticed.But considering that there are a lot of labels that end up basically being the same thing...

Zerachiel
    Amused

Zerachiel Senior Citizen

An energy practitioner lol, psion just makes me cringe with the amount of kids that assume they are special for claiming psion or that they are different from everyone else xD you don't see those "psions must stick together" nonsense? o.o or the other weird psion cult mentality around the oec?

Onyx Blayne
    Darkness

Official Member

That is true, well then i will gracefully stick to the title of Arch Deciever.

Zerachiel
    Amused

Zerachiel Senior Citizen

Ah I do notice that is your kind of theme in your practice lol. I dig et.

Onyx Blayne likes this.
    Onyx Blayne
    Darkness

Official Member

When you're good at something, why ignore it? Besides, Arch Deciever kinda sounds cool right.

Zerachiel likes this.
    Perses Keraunos
    Cool

Official Member

Not really, this is probably the only site of the whole OEC that I go to, and unless I'm oblivious I don't really notice this "psions must stick together".Actually it seems more that it's a "every psion for him or herself".

LinRae likes this.
    Zerachiel
    Amused

Zerachiel Senior Citizen

This is the site I meant tbh lol.

Perses Keraunos
    Cool

Official Member

Then no.I'm too oblivious to that or I just don't care enough to pay attention :P