1. Hello Guest! Welcome to Psion Nation. Currently you do not have an account with us so you are limited on what you can see here at the Nation. Sign Up for free you can have access to read all the amazing material. It takes a couple of seconds and your off to learning the Way of the Psion!

Got a Job?

Psions Viewing Thread (Psions: 0, Guests: 0)

Diazin
    Sweettooth

Diazin Mentor
    Official Member

Id just like to apologize for this post Xirena, buzz and a tendency to be a jerk makes me say things like this at times, sorry.

Now excuse me, my head hurts...

ShadowNox
    Darkness

ShadowNox Senior Citizen
    Official Member

Real : Private Investigator

Fictional (ish) : Killer for Hire

Sune Lin likes this.
    Zerachiel
    Amused

Zerachiel Senior Citizen

both of those can be real non fictional things lol, les go xD

Aeriixion
    Darkness

Aeriixion VIP Member
    VIP Member

Real jobs I'm very much stuck between two and cannot really pick one over the other. My heart is set on one but I am intellectually bound to the other.

Genetic Engineer (primarily working with plants), except I'd take a bit of a "mad scientist" approach in that I would want to run my own facility and head my own research team without worries of all the government imposed regulations that make use of certain genetic material very difficult... This is the job I'm working towards education-wise, but my heart isn't really in this to the same extent as the the next dream job;

Video Game Designer, one who has skill in every facet of design and development, including coding, 3D modelling, texture design, storyboard creation, etc. This was the job I wanted to go to college for but my parents undermined me and ended up pushing me into Biochemistry at the time. It's too late now... Have to wait until I have a career that can support me going back to school to earn a different degree...

With regards to a fantasy career...;

I'd love to be a druid like in tabletop RPGs and in MMORPGs. Attuned to nature magick, able to create herbal remedies and potions with fantastic results, shapeshifting into fantastic beasts and being able to communicate with them and plants... I'd prolly go around the world picking up odd jobs while being some kind of ayurvedic shaman or apothecary as a result :) it'd be an all-encompassing lifestyle career that would rarely get boring.

Perses Keraunos likes this.
    Perses Keraunos
    Cool

Perses Keraunos ♛First Elder of the Nation♛
    Official Member

You know, even though it's still a good thing to earn a degree related to the area of video games, you could already start learning some stuff.While there are online courses that you need to pay something-and sometimes they're on sale if you're lucky-there are other courses that you don't need to pay a cent.You've just got to search really well for 'em.And some of 'em can even give you a "diploma of sorts" for completing their courses.

Aeriixion
    Darkness

Aeriixion VIP Member
    VIP Member

See, everyone has told me the same thing. But there's a problem with me trying to learn on my own or via online learning environments; I don't learn that way. I need to be instructed in person if I want to learn the material and be able to applyit.

I already know how to do basic coding, basic 3D modelling, create bgm, and textures. But I don't know enough coding or 3D modelling to put anything together beyond a simplified story and a few bits of art. :\

Perses Keraunos
    Cool

Official Member

I think i've heard of courses where you can have a teacher, usually it's an "online class" with a certain quantity of people.
    I'll probably will work on the game industry, but i'll work more with concepts, illustrations and etc.Though i wouldn't mind working with the story crew and doing a voice acting here and there :wink:.I'm already planning of doing a game through crowdfunding sites,but this will be way in the future.

Aeriixion
    Darkness

Aeriixion VIP Member
    VIP Member

That's what I meant by "online learning environments." Online courses don't work for me.

Perses Keraunos
    Cool

Official Member

Oh.Well i think that you can then search if there is somewhere near where you live-or at least in your city-if there are courses for video game.Though i think most of this type-if not all-will have a cost, even if it's just for transport.Now you wished that you could teleport so you wouldn't pay a cent either in gas or on the bus.Sometimes there are events that offer these courses, but then you would have to see when they would happen and where.

Neku
    Roflmao

Neku Senior Citizen
    Official Member

For a real job I'd take concert pianist(which i already am kind of), traveling arround the world playng amazing music seems just so perfect

For a fantasy job i would be some kind of mystic agent solving problems with entities(or just kicking their butts),fixing magic or rituals that went wrong or just investigating the world

Ryzan
    Bitching

Ryzan Senior Citizen
    Official Member

For real : I want to be a drug- dealer

Fictional : High class Assassin

Aliter
    Bored

Aliter Senior Citizen
    Official Member

Real Job: Working for the government as some sort of scientistst.

Fictional Job: Working as a pilot for some super advance space craft

Demoplayer
    Inspired

Demoplayer Senior Citizen
    Official Member

Real job: Therapist or environmental scientist
    Fictional:leader of a branch of ability users that deal with disasters on the earth(fixing magic gone wrong, taking care of Sharkisha the team's pet...goldfish xD, taking out baddies and the likes)

Chado
    Tired

Chado Citizen
    Official Member

Real Job: Owner and CEO of a string of businesses used to fund private intuition (primary, secondary and tertiary) so that children don't have to go through school forced to learn what they don't want to but instead a wide variety of subjects that they can choose from. Preparing them adequately with knowledge and experience to create change in the world.

Fictional Job: Demon hunter

IlmirEl
    No Mood

IlmirEl Citizen
    Official Member

That's interesting that all of you still can choose a job from a "real world" :)
    I myself don't think that I can...so not a long time ago I wanted to be an actress and also liked many other jobs connected with arts
    But for now I would probably like to be a sorceress/mage or anything else connected with magic and "superpowers"

Zerachiel likes this.
    Chado
    Tired

Chado Citizen
    Official Member

I want a real world job because I want to make a difference. Its some deep wish that I cant just shrug off. And Id so do demon hunting in the real world if I could, living on the edge seems like so much fun.

Zerachiel
    Amused

Zerachiel Senior Citizen

demon hunting, bust into a demon's house while they're having dinner and they call the cops because you're on their property o.O

Mammon and Demoplayer like this.
    Chado
    Tired

Chado Citizen
    Official Member

Lol as if they're so innocent. What would they be eating? Children and puppies? Unless my definition is wrong. Then I'll hunt angels if they are the badies. Someones gotta do the dirty work.

Zerachiel
    Amused

Zerachiel Senior Citizen

I'm assuming you follow the new age or cliche point of view on demons o.O demons are like everyone else lol they have lives and such, not going around killing and eating people :p

Avana
    In-Love

Avana Senior Citizen
    Official Member

*Feels offended by the demon hunting talk*
    *Hides horns and fangs*
    :cry::cry::cry:

Mammon, Demoplayer and Zerachiel like this.