1. Hello Guest! Welcome to Psion Nation. Currently you do not have an account with us so you are limited on what you can see here at the Nation. Sign Up for free you can have access to read all the amazing material. It takes a couple of seconds and your off to learning the Way of the Psion!

Have anyone tried Sunakinesis.

Psions Viewing Thread (Psions: 0, Guests: 0)

ancientlegend1
    Depressed

ancientlegend1 Senior Citizen

Have anyone tried to learn or even succeeded at Sunakinesis (The ability to control and generate sand).
    Because I was watching Naruto (I am a nerd) and I wondered if any one achived it.
    Gru'sar the Titan.

Varric

Varric Staff Manager

Anime is an alright source of inspiration.
    It's a terrible source of realism.

Think to yourself for a second. Do you think that is remotely plausible or possible? Be realistic in your thinking. Using your mind do you think you can do anything remotely similar to what they did on naruto?

Now that youve reached the answer if No. Do you still wish to pursue telekinesis focusing solely on sand. Since you'll maybe be able to move like 3 grains. Ever at the same time.

DruidicDamnation and Chocolate like this.
    ancientlegend1
    Depressed

Not to focus on a grain or two but to expand your energy into a big cloud covering in the sand and to focus on moving them in unison. Kinda like hydrok but heavier. But anyway I just wanted to know if it was possible. I wasn't going to try it because of my lack of energy homework.

Ultimate END likes this.
    Chocolate
    In-Love

Chocolate Senior Citizen

Psychokinesis is limited. The best thing you could do is doing aeroK then make the sand move.

ancientlegend1
    Depressed

I was thinking about combining abilities and trying to make this work. I wanted to try techniques of hydro k on the sand with tk. Aerokinesis could work but I won't be able to control the sand. It's kinda crazy to think this will work but I think every kinesis works but some are more difficult than others.

ancientlegend1
    Depressed

Plus you can also break down a kinesis. For example practicing EK will give me a better boost on techno k. I could practice Geo k for a while then try some Geo techniques on the sand.

Chocolate
    In-Love

Chocolate Senior Citizen

Yes I do know every kinesis works. But is it really worth it to practice this sunakinesis just because u were motivated by watching an anime? Will u give up or change your kinesis if u watch and inspired by watching another anime? This is an advice from me personally.

Yes there are some kinesis that's harder than another. Such as geoK is harder from teleK. Not many people practice it. IF u are really "in" into this sunakinesis thing (I highly doubt there are any guides about sunaK) u should start from all the beginning. What do I mean? It won't happen if u read some guides about geoK, practice for 1 month or something, and u could be able to will sand like a maniac. U could refer to the PATS system below. One would require mastering teleK before practicing geoK. TeleK is in tier-5, sure there will be no one stopping u fron skipping the basics, but I don't think u will get any result u expected.

Hope this helps. :)

ancientlegend1
    Depressed

Thanks for your help and opinions. :)

Chocolate likes this.
    Psi-Gúrú
    Darkness

Psi-Gúrú Senior Citizen

Depends what are benefits of what you want to achieve.
    Do you like the concept of that ability?
    How will you use it?
    Are you willing to spend long time developing it?
    There are 3 ways developing an elemental ability.
    One is through simple TK.
    Sand is just another substance like any other.
    Second way is Geokinesis.
    Sand manipulation is a sub-form of Geokinesis.
    Third way is just solely connecting and focusing on the substance rather than going to it through it's Parent skill.

ancientlegend1 and Chocolate like this.
    Chocolate
    In-Love

Chocolate Senior Citizen

The third way will be the hardest xD

ancientlegend1
    Depressed

If I choose the third way should I use hydro k techniques on the sand.

Psi-Gúrú
    Darkness

Psi-Gúrú Senior Citizen

Sand is not in liquid state so HydroK techniques would not work on it in any way.
    Sand is in solid state, just 'cause it has little grains and by feeling of it makes you think liquid techniques would work on it, No.
    Liquid is when molecules are far apart but yet not that far apart.
    In sand grains are made up of many stuff like carbon, silicum, micro-organisms if the sand is from beach and not purified in industries and etc.
    It will be hard to get a good grip on the sand and hard to understand how to get it to move.

ancientlegend1
    Depressed

No... I'm taking about replacing everything that is liquid into a solid. For example take some water(sand)and just project your energy into it.

Psi-Gúrú
    Darkness

Psi-Gúrú Senior Citizen

Still don't quite get it.

Chocolate
    In-Love

Chocolate Senior Citizen

Dude kinesis doesn't work like that. It doesn't moves when you project or send your energy to it. Maybe you could practice hydroK then move water in a pile of sand xD

Ultimate END
    Pensive

Ultimate END Senior Citizen
    Official Member

It
    You can try it and it might just work, but you will not be able to manipulate masses of sand and create sand barriers, due to physical laws and restrictions. Do it simply to improve your skills and let it serve as motivation for advancement in kinesis.