1. Hello Guest! Welcome to Psion Nation. Currently you do not have an account with us so you are limited on what you can see here at the Nation. Sign Up for free you can have access to read all the amazing material. It takes a couple of seconds and your off to learning the Way of the Psion!

How would you like America to End?

Psions Viewing Thread (Psions: 0, Guests: 0)

?

How would you like America to end?

Poll closed Nov 8, 2016.
  1. WW3

23.1%
  2. Economic Collapse

15.4%
  3. Civil War

23.1%
  4. Nation-Wide Solar Flare

15.4%
  5. I don't want it to end.

23.1%
    Aliter
    Bored

Aliter Senior Citizen
    Official Member

I used to think that, too. But then I realized the U.S was the only country with 'America' in it, so thus, Americans.

Perses Keraunos
    Cool

Perses Keraunos ♛First Elder of the Nation♛
    Official Member

Maybe 'cause the "founding fathers" weren't creative enough to give a name to their country?...Just saying:smirk:

The Wanderer likes this.
    Avana
    In-Love

Avana Senior Citizen
    Official Member

Honestly I'd be cool if the entire planet just had a nuclear meltdown, at this point in time its not even about being depressed its something that seems inevitable and on its way within the next 1-100 years.

Mammon and Ulysses88 like this.
    RockShan
    Happy

RockShan Senior Citizen
    Official Member

I wouldn't consider any of that "Wealth", but I took it as you meant "Wealth" as in money, but interpretation of Wealth is much different from yours, you see I don't consider the basic needs as wealth, that is just something that is needed of humans, "Needs", I only consider Knowledge, and experience as "Wealth", You can easily have Empathy towards some, and not towards others... I would have Empathy towards the Mentally handicapped, Children, the poor (As long as they didn't put their selves there threw self destruction), but I wouldn't have empathy towards Religious Radicals, terrorists, corrupted politicians, Serial killers, rapists... I don't care what happens too them, just as I don't care if something happens to those that are advocating injustice or pain on others.. I can feel there emotions obviously, I recognize them.. but if I conclude they are unworthy in this life, (Caused a lot of pain, and isn't sorry about it), then I don't care..

Sorry, but this is just the truth, I'm sure you thought it as well once upon a time, and I'm sure many others also hold this belief.

Mammon

Mammon Senior Citizen
    Official Member

No ones innocent. Everyone has a price.

Kill em all let the gods say no.

RockShan
    Happy

RockShan Senior Citizen
    Official Member

Not everyone has done something that they need to be killed for.

Zerachiel
    Amused

Zerachiel Senior Citizen

Once upon a time you were a religious radical, or close to it.

Corrupt politicians, everyone who comes to power are seen as corrupt when they let power drive their goals and ambitions, citizens can never be pleased with things so they slap corrupt on someone they do not agree with. I get your perspective, but you sound more like a self righteous white knight, which tends to be pretty flawed in their judgement.

Mammon

Mammon Senior Citizen
    Official Member

Who are you to decide which crimes are worth killing and which ones arent?

That is part of the issue. Humanity has this preconceived notion that only certain people should die because they are bad people or whatever. But thats subjective and there is nothing anywhere that says one ever gets the right to ultimately decide one life is worth more than another. Humanity. In its very root is corrupt. You just proved it right there.

Humanity is not innocent not a one of em.
    I do not see myself as judge jury and executioner. I would probably be slain too mind you if they kill em all.

But I'm not saying they all need to die. I'm saying to attempt to kill them all. Start over. Purge em. Kill a damn good number and dwindle it back down to only those hardy enough to survive and try again.

Aliter
    Bored

Aliter Senior Citizen
    Official Member

I think there needs to be population control because this planet cannot support the growing numbers, especially since there's such a poor distribution of wealth and resources.

But I don't think anyone should die for it. You can control population without murdering billions of people.

Zerachiel
    Amused

Zerachiel Senior Citizen

There's a few places man could span to that would lessen the overpopulation issue, but I do agree that the distribution of resources are crappy so it wont work unless that's fixed.

Perses Keraunos
    Cool

Official Member

Wouldn't a "religious radical" be a zealot?

As for the power=corruption adage, you have to remember that this is due to a long history of those in "positions of power" using-and sometimes abusing-their "power" mostly for their own benefits.
    Of course that not everyone that has power or achieves a position of power will be corrupt, and maybe it must be easier for others to accept that the person is corrupt 'cause of the power, then just 'cause they're "bad apples".Justifying the power as the cause of corruption is something that can be used by anyone as an excuse why humans "can't have power", but power itself doesn't corrupt unless the person is already corrupted.

The power only magnifies what's already there.

#31 Perses Keraunos, Oct 31, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2016
    Zerachiel
    Amused

Zerachiel Senior Citizen

Yup.

I know what abusing power is lol, but it's only seen as abuse when not agreed on, atleast in the case with humanity. No one is ever happy with things, can't please everyone, etc etc. People like to throw around the label "corrupt" when they barely have a understanding of what's going on. Such cliche example would be Hitler or any other person in history that "abused" their power for their goals :p

Perses Keraunos
    Cool

Official Member

I think that sometime in the near future a group from those "age of reason" believers will work to achieve that "ideal number"...
    The bad thing with the talk of population control is that everyone wants it and wants it to happen right now, but THEY themselves don't want to be part of "the ones that must leave".The "P.C." believers thinks that when/if this happens, that they'll be the ones safe and sound while the rest of the world dies.

Sometimes I think that this instinct that humans have to fight and create wars is a way for nature to try to keep control of the numbers.As well as the disasters that happens, of course.

Zerachiel
    Amused

Zerachiel Senior Citizen

That moment when you find a large sum of irony o.o

RockShan
    Happy

RockShan Senior Citizen
    Official Member

Well, of course I use to be a "Religious Radical", and that ruined my life, and do you not realize how many people I hurt in that time, (just emotionally though haha). "Self-righteous white knight", No? I am the Dark Knight. (Sorry, I had to)

Zerachiel
    Amused

Zerachiel Senior Citizen

Lol I get you what you mean, lol that joke tho xD

Perses Keraunos
    Cool

Official Member

Why irony?
    Aren't they the ones preaching 'bout the need to reduce the number of humans on Earth?Aren't they the ones that believe in that "Georgia guidestones"?

Zerachiel
    Amused

Zerachiel Senior Citizen

Lol there's just a lot of irony in it lol.

Aliter
    Bored

Aliter Senior Citizen
    Official Member

I just said nobody has to die for it. Just get the number of deaths higher than the number of births. And again, I don't mean nuking cities. Just make sure nobody is having like a billion freaking kids. Eventually, once one generations grows old and dies, the new generation will be half of that and so and so forth

Perses Keraunos
    Cool

Official Member

This overpopulation problem would only be able to resolve if something was done now and if at least a third of the world population died/disappeared.Then the countries that register the highest number of births should be helped or monitored in order to slow down, or even have months/years with few births.

And we're just talking 'bout the people, we're not even talking 'bout the need to re-distribute resources and etc.