1. Hello Guest! Welcome to Psion Nation. Currently you do not have an account with us so you are limited on what you can see here at the Nation. Sign Up for free you can have access to read all the amazing material. It takes a couple of seconds and your off to learning the Way of the Psion!

Human Animals?

Psions Viewing Thread (Psions: 0, Guests: 1)

Mammon

Mammon Senior Citizen
    Official Member

First i would ask everyone who would comment read this article

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2005/01/0125_050125_chimeras.html

Don't worry its only two pages long.

Now that you've read it what are your thoughts/comments?

I for one think humanity needs to set aside it's self given sense of species superiority.

Anything that can be discovered in the name of science should.

That and this is a first step in making kenomimis a reality.

Praise be to the animal humans !! Although such reality will probably not ever occur in this life i can still hope for my next right?

It could also be done in reverse giving humans regenerative abilities of lizards. You lose an arm? No problem your part gecko.

The 1% would easily abuse this but think of the possibilities... who cares about the abuse of power with all that knowledge to be gained and discovered. Whole new fields would exist...

Anyways comments welcome.
    Enjoy
    Mammon

Avana
    In-Love

Avana Senior Citizen
    Official Member

I think we have enough furries.

Avana
    In-Love

Avana Senior Citizen
    Official Member

No but seriously the whole take from one thing to make another has always been a step in evolution and science, it works well and for the most part its alright in certain applications, but some things should be taken seriously. By that I mean, they're using the cells from different animals to create a hybrid - a Chimera - to do what with it? There should be a restriction to what can and cannot be researched and I say this because, although theres alot of good in it, theres also the abuse of the animal and people who end up in the wrong situation at the wrong time.
    Could you imagine being in an era where theres a black market for bunny eggs that go for 500,000 of whichever currency type? I dont know about you, but that sounds very strange to me.

Ludwig and Mammon like this.
    Zerachiel
    Amused

Zerachiel Senior Citizen

All seen the movies of when humanity tampers with hybridization o.o humanity gets reduced to food.

Avana likes this.
    Perses Keraunos
    Cool

Perses Keraunos ♛First Elder of the Nation♛
    Official Member

If they can be considered "above" others and maybe even aim to being "gods", in a way, you can bet that the 1% would keep everything to themselves for years, 'til they had dozens of descendants with different traits.Or they would try to keep this out of reach for everyone else in their entire lives, giving themselves an edge that probably no other human would have.

Avana likes this.
    LinRae
    Thinking

LinRae Senior Citizen
    Official Member

Perses Keraunos
    Cool

Perses Keraunos ♛First Elder of the Nation♛
    Official Member

Wow, a scientific magazine from Brazil!
    Yeah, probably the religious fanatics would go bananas at first, claiming that this would be a kind of bestiality and that this was a way of making a path for "Satan's demons" and etc.IF they didn't stay with this mentality and tried to eliminate the test subjects or those who were already chimeras, maybe they would go saying that they, as "children of God", should be the ones receiving the "gifts" and becoming something "more than human".

LinRae
    Thinking

LinRae Senior Citizen
    Official Member

If you actually read the article I posted, it mentions animal hybrids farther down. Pay attention and take your sarcasm elsewhere.

LinRae
    Thinking

LinRae Senior Citizen
    Official Member

That was the first article I found that talked about fertile animal hybrids. I know they exist and are indeed possible, but I was trying to avoid certain arguments by posting a link to an article with cited sources.

SageYuu
    Sleepy

SageYuu Third Elder of the Nation
    Official Member

THE AGE OF FURRIES IS BEGINNING!!!!!!
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :joy_cat::heart_eyes_cat::joy_cat::heart_eyes_cat::joy_cat::heart_eyes_cat::joy_cat::heart_eyes_cat::joy_cat::heart_eyes_cat::joy_cat::heart_eyes_cat::joy_cat::heart_eyes_cat::joy_cat:

Ciplbilher likes this.
    LinRae
    Thinking

LinRae Senior Citizen
    Official Member

That's only one type of hybrid, zebra/horse. What about others? Like I said. The article I posted does talk about fertile animal hybrids.

greenfire9
    No Mood

greenfire9 Senior Citizen
    Official Member

It sounds cool, but im more of a practical mindset when it comes to things. Like regenerating limbs is great. Having a tail just sounds like living a fantasy and is impractical. Of course we run into the making of a super human: strength speed, sight, hearing, ...etc all increased to levels beyond the normal human range/enhance. there are both very good and very bad implications if an "evolutionary"(not sure what word to use) step does happen. Unless there is moderation of course.

greenfire9
    No Mood

Official Member

meh if it is war or whatever dangerous situation: bomb disposal, infantry,toxic places... use a robot controlled by a human. Problem is they can be hacked into if you use another transmitter using the same frequency. I don't know how to protect against that hmm I think it is possible, so it would not be necessary to have cyborgs and DNA enhanced people in dangerous situations, when you can just send a robot. Of course it comes with problems too.

SageYuu
    Sleepy

Official Member

-thought we were talking about human/animal hybrids-

greenfire9
    No Mood

Official Member

I did I was just commenting of the question of "why" in the first place. Like if there is no real reason to have a tail or other furry like things. So that part is not practical then what is? DNA enhancement is, but for dangerous situations you could just use a robot. The robot part is just commentary and rational thinking. Everything comes with a cost though.

Mammon

Mammon Senior Citizen
    Official Member

Religion needs to shut up and go away i am hoping by the time the next generation is around they will have finally pushed religion to their own little corner and they don't have a say on everything based on their beliefs alone.

They don't believe something is right by their god then they don't have to participate

I don't go around forcing people to go against their religion why are they allowed to go around forcing me to conform to theirs which i don't even believe in.

DeusBlackbourne likes this.
    SageYuu
    Sleepy

Official Member

religion is a corrupt system

Avana
    In-Love

Avana Senior Citizen
    Official Member

If we were to go by religion for the human-animal thing, then eventually....won't someone create their own breed of Angels? Won't they cross doves with humans to make angels? Crows and vultures with humans to make Demons? Hella crazy.

*Prays to myself that this never happens*

Zerachiel likes this.
    Mammon

Mammon Senior Citizen
    Official Member

That would be awesome!! Those wings wouldn't work for shit tho humans are too heavy 90% sure those beings use energy to stay afloat and the wings are just decal

LinRae likes this.
    Avana
    In-Love

Avana Senior Citizen
    Official Member

You're right lol xD