1. Hello Guest! Welcome to Psion Nation. Currently you do not have an account with us so you are limited on what you can see here at the Nation. Sign Up for free you can have access to read all the amazing material. It takes a couple of seconds and your off to learning the Way of the Psion!

Job: Part time Psychic?

Psions Viewing Thread (Psions: 0, Guests: 0)

Chocolate
    In-Love

Chocolate Senior Citizen

Greetings everyone :3
    Nowadays, people are struggling to survive in the world and have almost the same ambition that is make money for life. Get married and wait to death. Sadly, most of them cannot choose their interest to make a living.
    My question is could I be a psychic to make a living? Or maybe a fortune teller? I'm hoping to receive some wonderful answers! :D

Thoughtful
    Question

Thoughtful Senior Citizen
    Official Member

The old way of opening a shop with big neon signs with stuff like "psychic readings" and "see your future" are kinda long and gone.

The two main avenues I see people selling otherwise metaphysical services and products are as follows:
    • Offering live services over the internet which might include but aren't limited to personal websites and Skype
    • Writing books and hope to get lucky and find a large enough audience to keep you afloat
    Also note, pursuing revenue for practices often frowned upon societally such as these might adversely affect your social life.

Chocolate and DruidicDamnation like this.
    Perses Keraunos
    Cool

Perses Keraunos ♛First Elder of the Nation♛
    Official Member

If you've got the skills and knows where to find jobs that need 'em, I don't see why not.
    Keep in mind that whatever field you pick, you'll have to be better than the rest and hope to have a lot of people needing and wanting what you offer, 'cause if you don't have a 'sizeable market' you won't see much cash flowing in or frequently.

I don't get why people complain 'bout it.You pay for the skills of a teacher or a mechanic, so why not pay for the skills used for the occult stuff?

Chocolate likes this.
    0megaZer0

0megaZer0 Senior Citizen

I'm not a business expert, but I would say that you would want to specify what kind of services you are willing to provide. You mentioned possibly fortune telling, but would you do things like psychic readings, energy work, mediumship, and/or locating? Also, scout out similar services so that you can get an idea about rates, competition, and generally how to format your business. That's just my input.

Asteer and Chocolate like this.
    Thoughtful
    Question

Thoughtful Senior Citizen
    Official Member

When it comes to selling services I don't mind personally. I speak generally about metaphysical services because the vast majority do not regard said services as legitimate.

Chocolate likes this.
    Chocolate
    In-Love

Chocolate Senior Citizen

*sighs* can't make a living with our own interest is bullshit. So torturing, yet it's reality :(

Perses Keraunos
    Cool

Official Member

Mafia's bussiness aren't also considered legitimate, and yet they profit :P

In the end it depends on three points:
    -How good you are at your skills
    -If there's market for it
    -If you're willing to profit from it

Even if most people don't consider 'em to be legitimate, if they search for it it means that they're willing to use it, and if they want to use it then they should pay for it.

Obscurus and Chocolate like this.
    Obscurus
    Darkness

Obscurus Citizen

I've known people that offer psychic or magical services for money. I've also known people that do it for fun. The thing about magic or psychic services is that you have to pay attention to laws and regulations. Some payment processors don't allow intangible services like psychic readings and the like. Certain jurisdictions may stipulate that you have to very conspicuously post "for entertainment only" in your place of business. Some practitioners get around these things by offering physical goods with their nonphysical services. A magic ring, even if it turns out to be a dud, is still a ring.

Personally, I was considering getting into the magic/psychic services game on the side. I have a boring normie job but this is obviously my passion. If I can make money with it on the side that's good too. I've scoped out Craig's List and I find a lot of people offering psychic readings and such but they typically are not charging for them. I presume because they just want the practice or are trying to build a following.

Asteer and Chocolate like this.
    Chocolate
    In-Love

Chocolate Senior Citizen

Finding a job is hard these days, even if you're the best psychic on Earth

Obscurus likes this.
    Perses Keraunos
    Cool

Official Member

Craigs's list became a place to scam people or bring 'em to a trap meeting, only few things could be considered legit on that these days imo.
    I've seen a lot of 'magic trinkets' that are said to contain powerful spirits inside 'em on Ebay.The vendors always made the ad 'bout the spirits and the benefits they would bring their owner, but the product is sold as jewelry.

Obscurus likes this.
    Perses Keraunos
    Cool

Official Member

Unless you're in a very specific niche that has a considerable demand, most jobs are hard to find, even if you're not going psychic.
    Being general or being specific depends on what 'market' you're aiming for.

Chocolate likes this.
    Obscurus
    Darkness

Obscurus Citizen

If I was gonna scam or lure somebody I'd probably use something a little more credible looking than psychic readings. You have a valid point about Craig's List though.

Chocolate likes this.