1. Hello Guest! Welcome to Psion Nation. Currently you do not have an account with us so you are limited on what you can see here at the Nation. Sign Up for free you can have access to read all the amazing material. It takes a couple of seconds and your off to learning the Way of the Psion!

Levitation

Psions Viewing Thread (Psions: 0, Guests: 0)

Perses Keraunos
    Cool

Perses Keraunos ♛First Elder of the Nation♛
    Official Member

First i'll say it again, L-E-V-I-T-A-T-I-O-N, not outright flying though it WOULD be great to also achieve that.
    I'm still "new"(kind of) in this so i know that i have quite the lenghty road to walk but together with my other experiment-which can also be seen here-i want to try to develop also a "difficult ability" and among thousands that could be chosen i decided to try this one.It's hard, it defies physics and it seems the most fun to do...also if(or when) i achieve it it would certainly be a very helpful ability to have.

For example: You are at the top of a place, a building in this scenario, and you fall because of something.Using levitation to not only decelerate your fall but also to stop it completely, so you won't become a red spot on the ground.
    OR, you could use it to cross places that would be dangerous to go by foot, or if you get lost you levitate until a certain height to check your surroundings.Plus it would also be nice to be able to reach the oranges in the top of the tree, they're delicious.

If it ends up developing into gliding and/or flying i would call it a bonus.

Please refrain from "you won't make it" commentaries.If you don't want to try then don't go bother others that do want to try.And no, i won't jump from a building just to test, because THAT would be a very bad idea and i love being alive.

Demoplayer, Max Hamilton and Sune Lin like this.
    Suskeyhose
    Snobbish

Suskeyhose Senior Citizen
    Official Member

The best way to go about accomplishing this is via gravity manipulation. I myself have had some minor success with gravity manipulation, floating a pencil a few inches off the table for a couple seconds, I think you can do this, and you will gain much along the way. Good luck to you!

Perses Keraunos
    Cool

Official Member

Thanks for the "vote".:up

Sosik
    Cool

Sosik Citizen
    Official Member

I may be completely off, but couldn't you just use biokenisis to get wings and jump off a cliff?

Zerachiel
    Amused

Zerachiel Senior Citizen

The thing with biokinesis is no one as far as we know has been able to do something on that large of a scale, but then you have to take in how the wings would or would not support the weight of the human body.
    Biokinesis in this current time is far from being able to grow wings or anything past possible eye color changing or even less then that.

jason1stlegion likes this.
    Sosik
    Cool

Sosik Citizen
    Official Member

All my hopes and dreams have been dashed...

That's okay:)

jason1stlegion and FallenZero like this.
    JDXK370
    Asleep

JDXK370 Senior Citizen
    Official Member

You Make it sound so easy... (Yaaaa.. Let's grow wings!). It's not just the addition of human wings, but also we got to take into consideration 1. The danger to our human genome by introducing new elements our body will probably reject 2. Any disturbance in our body by the wings could cause a total shutdown. (I'm pretty sure yoou've read fantasy novels about surgical implants and rejections. Those are not too off. ). 3. We make one mistake during the (possible currently not unless I am wrong) biokenesis, we could damage our body structure, genome, and DNA. You would be one wreck the rest of your life. Biokenesis is some hing your shouldn't really dabble with unless you know what the heck you are doing(I don't ). But if you succeed, congrats! otherwise, respect your body!

jason1stlegion likes this.
    Omiron
    Artistic

Omiron He, Himself

Yes, you're way off. When the last time you need someone "biokinesis" and grow wings? This isn't a fantasy novel and it's high time people a) stop saying ridiculous things like this, or b) actually go acquire the hidden knowledge to do it rather than reply to these threads with that kind of thing. Because I guarantee you no one here does that.

JDXK370
    Asleep

JDXK370 Senior Citizen
    Official Member

OMI! LONG TIME NO SEE!

Omiron likes this.
    Perses Keraunos
    Cool

Official Member

Considering the very remote chance of being able to "sprout" wings with biokinesis, your idea have some complications.
    1.The wings wouldn't appear completely formed at once, and if they did the pain would surely be akin to have you back mutilated or almost dying.IF wings were to be formed then most surely they would "grow out" from your back slowly, until-after an undetermined amount of time-they were complete.I can't imagine how painful-as well as cumbersome-this would be.

2.Flying is like walking, you learn step by step, so how much time would a person need to be able to fly-or even learn to control the basic movements-with a brand new pair of appendages that they never used before?And even in the case that the person with wings was able to learn to fly, do you really think he/she would be able to fly freely?
    You get tired when you run, well leaving the flying part aside, probably the "take off" would need too much energy.At most the person would be able to hover/glide, but he/she would be so tired that they would only be able to either fly low or for a short time.

I don't know about the wings part, but for a biohacker biokinesis does sound to have enough potential for other things.

LinRae likes this.
    Sosik
    Cool

Sosik Citizen
    Official Member

No. Not exactly a fantasy novel. I had just read maximum ride and it was on my mind. In case you didn't know, it's science fiction. It's a good book, you should try it.

Hule
    Amused

Hule Citizen
    Official Member

Yes but Psionics aren't science fiction and our reality is limited to the collective conscuiousness that are involved; you must keep your eyes in the sky but try to keep your feet on the floor or you'll just hurst yourself.

NaturesArc likes this.
    Michael Chaney
    Cheerful

Michael Chaney Senior Citizen
    Official Member

(http://www.psipalatium.com/index.php?p=200&a=495&l1=2&l2=22) this article is by Zeus at Psi Palatium. I am not Zeus.

"First, there is no gravity
    It is conceptual energy pushing (not pulling) down upon your energy
    The energy pushing down is keeping you firmly sitting in your seat."

This is an article about treating gravity as a flow of information. You are choosing to take a different perspective of the flow of information to redirect it at what is coming down at you because gravity functions.

"Now consider that the energy we know as gravity is at a certain charge
    A certain positive charge pushing down is all that gravity is
    So if you are being pushed down then you must have a charge since positive energy can't push down on neutral energy."

Fun fact about psi energy charges is that they bend space around them. When you make very dense energy charges the degree that space bends around the charge is very large. The perspective is altering the angle at which things above you fall towards you and things below you keep falling. Think of it as altering the path of a cascading effect with large amounts of psi energy in very dense charges so that the cascading effect is bent around you instead of at you.

"So if you begin in your toes and visualize making your energy neutral you can take out the effect of gravity
    Completely neutralizing yourself can take upwards of an hour depending on how charged your overall energies are."

Another interesting personal finding is that distance between matter alters the rate information is conducted between amounts of matter because of the length of time required for mass fluctuations to move between particles. You have to start meditating on matter in ways that avoid direct contact with those mass fluctuations of solid matter the gaseous matter to reduce gravity effect on you until it stops.

"Now change the Universal Energy around you from pushing down on you to pushing up."

You are basically accounting for all the mass energy around you to use your psi energy flows pushing a large enough amount of mass energy above you to have a larger mass fluctuation than the matter below you to pull you up while your energy charges neutralize the mass fluctuations used to cause cascading gravity effect to pull you down.

The rest of the article is about energy system management to accomplish this so ask the original author. According to my understanding the above is accurate.

FallenZero and Equilibrium like this.
    shadow_hunter00
    Nerdy

shadow_hunter00 Citizen
    Official Member

I would have to say gravity manipulation is the best way to go and I would have to recommend that you try to change the spin direction of the nearby gravitons for those of you who don't know what a graviton is its a hypothetical massless spin to particle that is responsible for gravity

NaturesArc
    Amused

NaturesArc Citizen
    Official Member

Teach me your ways!! lol just kidding! but thats cool.

bkpsion

bkpsion Citizen
    Official Member

May I sugesst a helicopter?:)

Max Hamilton
    Cheerful

Max Hamilton Senior Citizen
    Official Member

Good luck! I am also currently trying Levitation except with me I've already done it a few times so I'm trying to learn to do it on command rather than it happening accidentally, I would love to swap training techniques with you as well as experiences!

Lex Arthur
    Pensive

Lex Arthur Citizen
    Official Member

I've never been able to spontaneously lift off the ground before, but I once had an experience where I stepped off a short set or stairs but did not touch the ground for another 10-15 seconds. Slowing a fall sounds promising, but I don't expect to see anyone flying anytime soon.