1. Hello Guest! Welcome to Psion Nation. Currently you do not have an account with us so you are limited on what you can see here at the Nation. Sign Up for free you can have access to read all the amazing material. It takes a couple of seconds and your off to learning the Way of the Psion!

Mainstream Scientific Community: Sour about Psionics?

Psions Viewing Thread (Psions: 0, Guests: 0)

Tyler
    Lonely

Tyler Senior Citizen
    Official Member

This is something that I wonder about: while for the most part I strongly admire the scientific community, something I wonder is why whenever anything metaphysical is brought up to to them, they immediately dismiss these things as "Occam's razor "delusions," "our senses fool us," "violates Newton's laws," "god of the gaps" until they find a result that's physical, etc with mockery and thick heads even if they claim to be open minded. All they seem to do is just dismiss this without any real investigations. Don't get me wrong, I am a fan of scientists like Michio Kaku, Stephen Hawking, Neil deGrasse Tyson, etc, but this is an area where I am in disagreement with them.

#1 Tyler, May 30, 2017
    Last edited: May 30, 2017
    WhiteGinger300

WhiteGinger300 New Citizen

I agree with you on this. They do just make us seem like we are crazy. I have personally proven to myself that this exists but in order to prove this to a scientist, they either need to witness this themselves or they need somekind of physical proof, which I think we lack in terms of what they will accept. Humans are naturally skeptical so I guess what we need to do is to produce physical evidence that will prove to them that this exists. Of course, it would be difficult but it can happen.

Psi-Gúrú
    Darkness

Psi-Gúrú Senior Citizen

They were told as a child that paranormal stuff isn't real and that they should focus on a rational way, very strictly. This limits their perception and as they grow up the more sceptical they get and focus only on material aspects of life. Science strictly works on physical logical proof, and the 'logical' they use is the only way of accepting things. While metaphysics and Psionics is more internal logical, science is external logical. It would be very benefical if they start studying our arts, there are many relative things between. Though, it is their choice and both sides aren't bad.

Tyler likes this.
    WhiteGinger300

The way that I see it. Both ways, both science and Metaphysics, are two different ways at explaining the way that the universe works and neither of them are wrong. One focuses on one aspect of the universe while the other focuses on the other aspect. Like 2 sides of the same coin.

Tyler likes this.
    Varric

Varric Staff Manager

Science rejects anything that would require a total overturn of held notions.

Its a lot of paperwork and problems to have to rewrite and rethink huge parts of our known world. So they reject ideas that would cause such.

You'll see this in cases of physics and matter a lot more often than other areas. Infact we still teach debunked theories in common education because even though they are wrong they are easier to understand and they hinder understanding the stuff taught after.

So why is metaphysical energy not studied? In simplest explaintion. Its easier to ignore something that has been ignored for centuries than it is to try and study it and jeopardize your career.

WhiteGinger300

Which is the very unfortunate fact that we as a species need to try to overcome but I don't see ys doing that for a while.

Tyler likes this.
    Diazin
    Sweettooth

Diazin Mentor
    Official Member

It is hard to measure, thus hard to prove

Psi-Gúrú likes this.
    greenfire9
    No Mood

greenfire9 Senior Citizen
    Official Member

If a subject could produce consistent macro pk that is another thing.

Ludwig
    Cynical

Ludwig Senior Citizen
    Official Member

People hate what they do not understand.

thenegativehunter likes this.
    Ludwig
    Cynical

Ludwig Senior Citizen
    Official Member

Geniuses like the bloke who discovered tectonic plates were ostracised for their findings. It is indeed doubtless that modern scientists would be viewed as maniacs for studies of the metaphysical.

thenegativehunter
    Asleep

I am not a scientists but i am studying science.
    No, they do not hate what they don't understand.
    They hate to Not understand. they hate to risk. they hate to imagine a world where all they have believed in was wrong and everybody else is wrong. they are most likely to believe in aliens than what is in front of them and in their mind everyday. when the time comes... they will change, but refuse to change again. same mistake over and over. thinking that you do not have a soul is an absolute ignorance of the questions in the mind. they say they are open minded, that they are agnostic about it, but what they do is to not pursue anything. what they do is the truth about them.