1. Hello Guest! Welcome to Psion Nation. Currently you do not have an account with us so you are limited on what you can see here at the Nation. Sign Up for free you can have access to read all the amazing material. It takes a couple of seconds and your off to learning the Way of the Psion!

Meditation tips?

Psions Viewing Thread (Psions: 0, Guests: 0)

ncam22
    Tired

ncam22 Citizen

I'm still trying to figure out meditation, all I know is to count down from 100 or so and do 'scan' of your body while at the same time breathing through your noise and out through the mouth.

Diazin
    Sweettooth

Diazin Mentor
    Official Member

Just relax and watch your mind. You will begin to realise where each thought come from, and will eventually develop peace of mind.

ncam22
    Tired

ncam22 Citizen

Thanks going to try this before I go to sleep.

Obscurus
    Darkness

Obscurus Citizen

There are lots of ways to meditate. There is mindfulness meditation, visualization, guided journeying, etc. It really depends on what your goals are as to what meditative practice will be most effective for you.

ncam22
    Tired

ncam22 Citizen

For now I just want to get a feel for meditation so later on when I learn to project i can meditate good enough.

Obscurus
    Darkness

Obscurus Citizen

The way I started is I got in a comfortable position and just focused on my breath. I counted my breaths; inhale and exhale. When I found my mind wandering I'd come back to my breathing. That's a pretty simple way to get started. You'll find that eventually your mind doesn't wander as much and you have more and more moments of absolute clarity in the moment. You have to be able to tame the mind before you can move on to more complex meditations but you can't use force to tame the mind. Thinking "Don't think about pink elephants," will only have the opposite effect. So don't think about your mind not wandering. Just focus on your breathing and you'll get better with practice.

SageYuu
    Sleepy

SageYuu Third Elder of the Nation
    Official Member

-Rubs his temples- Meditation itself is not about scanning yourself. Scanning yourself while meditating is in order to improve your sense. Meditation is not about power, mastering your own mind but relaxation, understanding, calming and cleansing. When you actually meditate for the sake of mediate what you do is simply close eyes and breath in through your nose and out. Do not bother with counting, that is actually a distraction for most people. Some people with an analytical mind and obsessive compulsive tendencies tend to benefit from it because it gives them a sense of control and structure while being in a relaxed state. Frankly it depends on the person.

Frankly the flower method might better suit you if you're going to use meditation as a basis for astral projection. Close your eyes and picture a lotus flower, move above the lotus flower and dive into it, deep into a sea of endlessly spiraling petals.
    The picture was too big (open)
    [​IMG]

This technique can be used like a form of self hypnosis in order to relax the mind. Later when you try to astral project, diving through the center of the lotus completely can be a symbolic gateway used to enter/project into the astral.

ncam22
    Tired

ncam22 Citizen

Sorry if I sounded like an idiot when I posted that… besides that this method looks like fun to try, thank you.

SageYuu
    Sleepy

SageYuu Third Elder of the Nation
    Official Member

Nah you're fine man.

ncam22
    Tired

ncam22 Citizen

Awesome.

ncam22
    Tired

ncam22 Citizen

I ran into a slight problem… my visualization isn't the best, but I do known a few exercises for visualization.
    Just wanted to update on where I'm at.

ncam22
    Tired

ncam22 Citizen

I forgot to thank everyone one for over all being an amazing community and for the tips.

thenegativehunter
    Asleep

thenegativehunter Senior Citizen

one thing that i know is that imagining something that you have seen in your dream is much easier that something that you just saw in reality. so if an imagination of something is hard for you, you may want to try getting that thing in your dreams. i don't think it will have a lot of effect on the results because not everything is imagination, but if you want imagination, that is one way to go.

ncam22
    Tired

ncam22 Citizen

I thought imagining something in dreams was harder than in reality, this I gotta try.

RockShan
    Happy

RockShan Senior Citizen
    Official Member

I would recommend focusing on you're "Core" so-to-speak when attempting to meditate. That really isn't a good explaination of it, but allow me to describe it further. Attempt to focus on the "inner you" when attempting to meditate. Doing this in my opinion won't only settle your mind, but may also reveal things about yourself like past live memories, core life memories, or even energetic knowledge.

ncam22
    Tired

ncam22 Citizen

Sounds handy, I'll try this soon, and thank you for this tip.