1. Hello Guest! Welcome to Psion Nation. Currently you do not have an account with us so you are limited on what you can see here at the Nation. Sign Up for free you can have access to read all the amazing material. It takes a couple of seconds and your off to learning the Way of the Psion!

Mysterious Dissapearances

Psions Viewing Thread (Psions: 0, Guests: 0)

Tyler
    Lonely

Tyler Senior Citizen
    Official Member

This is a topic that I have a strong curiosity about. While it may be bad and I wouldn't wish this on anyone, I still find mysterious vanishings very fascinating. Many strange disappearances occur in America's National Parks. One example of a mysterious disappearance I've heard of is a boy who was out hiking with at least one of his parents, and when his mom turned around for just a few seconds, when she tried looking back at her son, he soon vanished and was never seen again until days later when rescuers found his body on a mountain top located many miles away from where he disappeared, and the problem with that is how could a child get to a place so far away that it'd take a highly trained expert to get to with the right gear for the environment? There is a lot more in the Missing 411 series of books written by David Paulides, who used to work in law enforcement and has decades of experiment in that field.

Now of course, most disappearances are probably mundane, but there are some that defy mundane explanations. If paranormal, what do you think may be happening with these instances?

Chocolate and Asteer like this.
    Varric

Varric Staff Manager

Acidic bubble baths explain why many missing people are never found.

Sulfuric acid will wash you and your soul away.

SuperIndigo
    Spaced

SuperIndigo Senior Citizen
    Official Member

Varric,you can't be serious about acidic bubble baths washing your soul away.

Asteer and Ludwig like this.
    Ludwig
    Cynical

Ludwig Senior Citizen
    Official Member

I think it was a joke

SuperIndigo likes this.
    Asteer
    Depressed

Asteer Citizen

Tyler, I'm glad you decided to bring this up, and I personally believe that their are many different things responsible for these disappearances.

Obscurus
    Darkness

Obscurus Citizen

I think a lot of it is serial killers and other types of human predators. The ones that are not explainable have been attributed to everything from UFOs and aliens to wendigos and skinwalkers. I'm a fan of fairies myself (which may or may not be the same thing as aliens).

Asteer likes this.
    Asteer
    Depressed

Asteer Citizen

Based on some "research" I've done, I've come to the conclusion that there are a wide range of dangers that are involved in these missing cases. One example is a creature called a Hide-Behind, which is described as a sneaky predator in first nations folklore that hides behind trees when stalking prey, if the prey, a person in this case, looks back and spots the creature, it will immediately attack and kill the unfortunate victim within seconds.

Varric

Varric Staff Manager

Got any references for this "research" besides children's books?

Asteer
    Depressed

Asteer Citizen

Sorry, I meant to say that this is just speculation, but I do try to keep an open mind with these cases, not that I automatically believe them. Additionally, I keep a dose of skepticism, but I won't demise other possibilities.

Varric

Varric Staff Manager

So you have no research?

Asteer
    Depressed

Asteer Citizen

Well I used quotation marks on research because I didn't fully considered it verified.

Asteer
    Depressed

Asteer Citizen

But you know what, one day, I plan on getting to the bottom of this, when I'm able to begin an expedition to various national parks.

SageYuu
    Sleepy

SageYuu Third Elder of the Nation
    Official Member

Hydraulic shredders and gardens work just as well.

@Tyler want some tomatoes? They're freshly grown....

Asteer
    Depressed

Asteer Citizen

Sure.