1. Hello Guest! Welcome to Psion Nation. Currently you do not have an account with us so you are limited on what you can see here at the Nation. Sign Up for free you can have access to read all the amazing material. It takes a couple of seconds and your off to learning the Way of the Psion!

New mentor titles??

Psions Viewing Thread (Psions: 0, Guests: 0)

Light_snow
    Breezy

Light_snow Psion Mentor
    Official Member

Okay so one of my suggestions would be giving a new title which in this occasion is "Mentor" under the name maybe in green (would be a nice readable color) and in that case for those who are looking for someone to help them can know who's legit and would know who to go to. I'm thinking this can be a community vote for those who they believe should be qualified to have the title and have helped or whatever the staff deems better to choose who should get such title. Also maybe we can get a certain number of mentors for each types for example an Aerokinesis mentor would have "AK Mentor" under their name and an Energy Manipulation mentor would have "EM Mentor" etc.. and we would only have a certain amount of mentors for each for example 3 mentors for AeroK, 4 for EM etc.. What do you guys think about this? I remember the site having something similar to this (unless I'm thinking about the older site) and would love for this to be made possible especially for those who have been helping others for a long time. *Also a quick note we should have mentor titles for certain abilities the community or staff feel those who are coming in would acctually need help in also based off of vote or staff decision*

#1 Light_snow, Dec 18, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
    Perses Keraunos
    Cool

Perses Keraunos â™›First Elder of the Nationâ™›
    Official Member

1-Green is for mods, if I'm not wrong.
    2-Why the need of a "mentor" title?Seems more like a way to show off to others.
    3-Creating different "mentor titles" for different types of abilities would be too much work and we would need dozens of 'em.After all, the "Atmokinesis mentor" isn't the same as the "aero kinesis mentor". :p
    4-You would need to also create a system to verify if the person would be able to mentor others properly, which means more stuff to do.

TL;DR: I don't think it will happen.

LinRae likes this.
    Zerachiel
    Amused

Zerachiel Senior Citizen

@Baal Domiel have to see what da boss thinks, but I think a mentor title would be a nice idea, but as Abaddon said, for what they teach would be too much work, maybe just "dedicated Mentor" for those who actually are serious about being mentors and not those who are just here to flex their "skills" to newbies.

Demoplayer and Perses Keraunos like this.
    Light_snow
    Breezy

Light_snow Psion Mentor
    Official Member

Yeah turns out we do acctually have a mentor title I just thought we didn't because I didn't see anyone with it and I understand what you guys are saying but like I said ontop it would be more for newbies who are coming in and can know who's legit and can acctually help them learn. It's more of a sign of legitness for those who are willing to help others and not be considered a fraud if you catch my drift..

Also i get what you're saying for 3 which is why I like Zerachs "Dedicated Mentor" title idea instead