1. Hello Guest! Welcome to Psion Nation. Currently you do not have an account with us so you are limited on what you can see here at the Nation. Sign Up for free you can have access to read all the amazing material. It takes a couple of seconds and your off to learning the Way of the Psion!

Norms and Psi: The God Complex

Psions Viewing Thread (Psions: 0, Guests: 0)

Myrakah
    Thinking

Myrakah Citizen

I've known people, one psion from my beginning in the practice in particular, who views normal people to be not worth time, and even some believed them to be rid of the planet. I've also known some who have a sense or overwhelming desire to protect them even from themselves. I would just like to see where people stand free of judgment and open to speak their mind. And one more question, what aould happen if psions came put to society?

Zerachiel
    Amused

Zerachiel Senior Citizen

Honestly I believe that ideology is sad, I like don't treat my practices as something that makes me better than someone be it if they practice or if they don't. It's for my own development and discipline. As for if psions came out in society nothing because psionics is just another label for magic which again is another label for energy work.

Witches that do spells and such are out in society and some accept it and some don't, it won't be any different for people who claim the exact same thing under a different label. Not everyone will believe it and some will.

That's my opinion tbh.

DruidicDamnation and Azrael like this.
    Varric

Varric Staff Manager

Thats not a psychic vs not psychic thing.

Everyone has a bit of psychic ability. Whether they train or not its in our blood.

That's a human thing. Humans have all sorts of weird ass complexes.

You want a world thats free of judgement and full of openess? Then you would have to eradicate every living species from the planet.

Fear, hostility towards the unknown, judgement, paranoia, anxiety. These are biological functions. Remenents of a past before society. They are what kept us from shaking hands with bears and from eating strangely colored mushrooms. They kept us alive. In our societies today these remenents we are told hinder us and to cast them aside. But our biology will not accept this. Our biology understands it has a purpose. Even if our mind does not.

You want a world with peace and unity? That's a pipe dream. It will never happen.

Rather you should strive for an individualist understanding for balance. To understand your place in the world and try to teach others to learn how to find theirs. Key word teach. Not tell. If they choose not to seek it that is on them. Never force understanding or peace. It creates only hostility and anger.

This may seem like i have told you to give up on the goal or ideals you have. That is not the case. I just wish you to actually take into consideration all that what you purpose would require. I want you to take into consideration the most pig headed most belligerent person you know. Now i want you to understand there are 100s of millions of people like that person. Now i want you to try and devise a way to convince everyone of these people of your goal. Then after you really think on that. I want you to focus on yourself. Is this ideal really helpful to them? Or would it just create hatred and harm at you?

Do you understand now?

Realistic goals my friend and a wider picture.

Killing Time
    Fine

Killing Time Citizen

These individuals do not understand that we are of one system. There are people that I just don't get on with, fact. Do I want them dissolved? No. They have their uses to me, to humanity and to life.

Every life form has its uses you just gotta be inventive enough to realise what that is; able to discern their purpose.

Which obviously those mentors above are not. Lol if they got rid of such people then they do realise that they would not be special little snowflakes anymore? They would effectively become the norm.

For me it's both selfishness and selflessness. For example if humanity continues on its present short sighted course (expanding population growth: combined with a diminishing resource base) it is extremely conceivable that we will be forced in the future to eat each other for survival.

Now that just won't do for me. We need to reclaim our gracefulness. I do not want my future genes eating or being eaten by my future genes. We are one system.

We need to get better at the long game.

Collectively we need to focus on our similarities whilst individually celebrate our differences (we largely do the opposite).

Think of it as a pyramid. The base is individual differences. We need such differences because it gives us a greater breadth of inspiration to face any challenge. More flexibility, more movement, more options, more space, more gracefulness.

If we became like a "groupthink" then we would be primed for extinction (because we will not be able to do anything from a challenge that comes outside of the groupthink awareness). Life strives for complexity.

The point of the pyramid is our collective focus. This is manifested via our focus upon collective similarities (goals).

If it was found that a meteor would impact the earth in 1 year you bet your ass that we would combine our resources and intelligence in a bid to overcome it. Granted some would be apathetic, but not all.

When we act collectively we are awesome to behold. "God like" in our capabilities and production. We just need the right incentive. The right focus.

Currently we work from an inverted pyramid.

Well to be brutally honest it would probably go unnoticed by the majority (much as it does today).

You see most people assess the value of something based on its control/prediction of reality.

Not sure if being able to travel to other dimensions translates that well to being able to manipulate reality!?

How does it impact on our shared reality?

Can anybody here genuinely claim to quantifiably be able to control our shared reality?

Perses Keraunos
    Cool

Perses Keraunos ♛First Elder of the Nation♛
    Official Member

Those psions should remember that they were "norms" once, everyone was before going after the knowledge or after awakening.
    EDIT:But trying to protect humans from themselves or their choices is an ungrateful job and one that doesn't brings the rewards they might expect.Humans make choices based on fear.

DruidicDamnation and Varric like this.
    LinRae
    Thinking

LinRae Senior Citizen
    Official Member

Agreed with all of that. Unfortunately it's kinda hard to go against my nature. I'm driven to protect people even from their own stupidity. Fortunately there is a limit to that drive, at least a half dozen people in this site have managed to reach that limit.

Ludwig, DruidicDamnation and Myrakah like this.
    Perses Keraunos
    Cool

Perses Keraunos ♛First Elder of the Nation♛
    Official Member

The limit is when too many people are stupid or when the same person does a lot of stupid things in sequence?

DruidicDamnation likes this.
    LinRae
    Thinking

LinRae Senior Citizen
    Official Member

Same person doing same or similar stupid thing(s) in sequence

DruidicDamnation likes this.
    4ChanFox
    Nerdy

4ChanFox Senior Citizen

Uh...well from what I think, the ideas that "normies" are not worth time or energy, or are just a burden are kind of horrible, the only reason we can even go to the supermarket to get food is because of the "normies". If it were not for them we wouldn't have the luxury of learning about psionics, and if possible we should repay them in making sure nothing bad happens to them that we can stop.

As for the freedom of judgement for what you speak, that's kinda disgusting, we need to be judged based off what we say, because, well that's how ideologies that work flourish, heck even what you were appearing to disapprove of above would be a form of judgement, whether it be in their favor or not. (sorry if this sounds condescending, when I type my thoughts I usually add a tone I don't mean to.)

With the Psionics coming out into the public, I think four things could happen, no one cares, which would just mean it would just be an underground thing as always this would be the most likely, the public would go against the psionics for some reason, whether it be fear, religion, economic reasons, or just plain boredom, this one could see about the second most likely, and theses two are almost two complete opposites but, either the government would just cover up/join in on the onslaught of psions, or the least likely, they would be accepted into society, with all of the abilities they have, laws would likely be made to limit or even ban certain practices, businesses would flourish and die based on what they do, and would almost definitely be put into the military, basically a reform of society that would change the course of history.

djdilan
    Fine

djdilan Citizen

I don't have anything to say about Psionics coming out in public, the world will do as it's always done because nothing ever changes for long (it has it's happy little bubble already there) but as for the targeted distaste I can speak personally to this, I personally used to suffer the same thought processes because I thought that non-practitioners were idiots who wasted their resources and their potential and that the resources allotted to them were being wasted on the insignificant, but I've overcome that toxic viewpoint and superiority complex because I realized that everyone is just fighting to make the best life for themselves in their own ways and if that didn't include energy that's fine they have the right to their life, it's not mine so I have no right to say what their potential is and what's a waste and what's not. Don't lose hope for them I've overcome that so they can too, but if they don't so be it, don't let their misery and hate affect you! ^.^

Myrakah and Varric like this.