1. Hello Guest! Welcome to Psion Nation. Currently you do not have an account with us so you are limited on what you can see here at the Nation. Sign Up for free you can have access to read all the amazing material. It takes a couple of seconds and your off to learning the Way of the Psion!

Pain during meditation

Psions Viewing Thread (Psions: 0, Guests: 0)

Halideus
    Roflmao

Halideus Senior Citizen
    Official Member

During meditation I experianced strange sensations in my head. Now when I meditated i started to slightly feel my neck, where the adams apple is located. This feeling grew stronger and expanded. Then it turned into a form of pleasant and unpleasant pain at the same time. Its like I want to laugh and cry at the same time. And after meditation my neck feel wierd. Any ideas as to why it is happening? My theory is that the tension there faded and it is a painful process.

DruidicDamnation likes this.
    Chocolate
    In-Love

Chocolate Senior Citizen

In my experience, you could be an empath that accidentally "took" (dk if this is the correct verb) someone's energy without your own intention, the answer for solving this problem is cleanese your own energy field everyday. There are many threads here go take a look. Also do shield everytime but for me its very annoying to me so its better to get yourself some lessons in em.
    Ps. Idk if im completely right, hope some masters could correct me if I'm wrong xd.

DruidicDamnation
    Pensive

DruidicDamnation Senior Citizen

Sometimes during my meditations I twitch like I am being shocked. Must be the energy in my meridians..I wouldn't know.

Chocolate likes this.
    Shaku
    Amused

Shaku Citizen

Possibly too much pressure for pipes too small. Trying to run before you can walk perhaps. Given you are doing similar meditation to what I do (chi cultivation).

If you are..... Maybe just do it a little less... Try to add more later on and see if youve grown more capable.

I've heard of people talking about problems arising from premature energy work..... And to get the method that works.... They ask for money.

Shaku
    Amused

Shaku Citizen

SageYuu
    Sleepy

SageYuu Third Elder of the Nation
    Official Member

Ground your throat chakra...
    -Facedesks-

pewep
    Relaxed

pewep Citizen

Don't worry about pain, and don't give it any special importance. Observe it and rest your attention on it. Let it freely express itself.

AtmoKinetic
    Thinking

AtmoKinetic Verified Scanner
    Official Member

Did you look into it first being some form of mental effect before assuming it was metaphysical related? As it very well could have been such, or did you look into any physical causes of the pain as well?

If so, it may be many things, the likelihood if it's metaphysical it would be damage in that region of your energy system, but that might not be the case. I suggest looking into it if it keeps happening, if not, it was likely just a one time thing and is of no worry.

Obscurus
    Darkness

Obscurus Citizen

Depending on your meditation posture I would make sure it's not related to muscle fatigue. If that's not the case then my guess would be a blockage or too much flow for the pathway as some others have suggested.

0megaZer0

0megaZer0 Senior Citizen

This is less metaphysics related, but if you start experiencing lasting stiffness in your neck along with headaches, go to the doctor immediately. Those are some warning signs of meningitis which can be really serious. It could also be a physical problem like excess buildup of cerebrospinal fluid.

Diazin
    Sweettooth

Diazin Mentor
    Official Member

Yeah, might be meningitis, or might be just stress...

To op, what kind of meditation was you doing? What you describe seems to be the activation of the nerves in your throat, which is consequence of the activation of your throat chakra. It is said that this chakra is a poison filter, which is even anatomicaly true as thyroidal activity impacts liver and kidney activity through the increase or decrease of metabolism.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3313737/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7548816

Anyway, cleanse yourself. Pick some herbs and smudge all over the area, and even yourself.