1. Hello Guest! Welcome to Psion Nation. Currently you do not have an account with us so you are limited on what you can see here at the Nation. Sign Up for free you can have access to read all the amazing material. It takes a couple of seconds and your off to learning the Way of the Psion!

People Become Addicted to Failure?

Psions Viewing Thread (Psions: 0, Guests: 0)

BurningLeo
    Breezy

BurningLeo Citizen
    Official Member

So you made it here, I won't waste your time! (Here I Go) The question lies here as we know when a person fails at something, or actually to add this in (Emotional pain). Back on track the question is after events such as these does a person seek resolution, or sympathy. In a way I see sympathy as getting something form the situation although it did not go as you planned it is still something comforting.So will that cause an addiction if it goes on too long?

Thoughtful
    Question

Thoughtful Senior Citizen
    Official Member

In the most basic sense I'd have to say yes.

Just like pets who associate certain actions with reward and resources i.e.: tricks. Some people have realized that when people are sympathetic to you they're more likely to "help out" with your survival by providing things humans need like attention and social interaction.

By employing this tactic over and over people develop a "victim complex" which is simply pointed out by those around them who realize that their sympathy is being wasted.

Hope that helps

Mammon likes this.
    Perses Keraunos
    Cool

Perses Keraunos â™›First Elder of the Nationâ™›
    Official Member

I've failed a lot in life, enough to get sick of it.I hate when someone uses the "victim" card and expects me to just help 'em "'cause I'm a good person".I help myself to achieve what I want, and I'm not under an invisible obligation to help 'em do the same.
    Getting help once in a while isn't a bad thing, everybody needs help, real help, once in a while or when the burden is just too heavy for a single person.But playing the victim card everytime you need something or when you can't even complete a single task will not help you in developing yourself.

BurningLeo likes this.