1. Hello Guest! Welcome to Psion Nation. Currently you do not have an account with us so you are limited on what you can see here at the Nation. Sign Up for free you can have access to read all the amazing material. It takes a couple of seconds and your off to learning the Way of the Psion!

Races and Aces

Psions Viewing Thread (Psions: 0, Guests: 0)

Perses Keraunos
    Cool

Perses Keraunos ♛First Elder of the Nation♛
    Official Member

I didn't say all forms of corruption, but I'm sure most of 'em are very similar so the person would have a better chance resisting 'em.

Zerachiel
    Amused

Zerachiel Senior Citizen

Most aren't similar that's the issue lol, so no there's no racial resistance to corruption.

Perses Keraunos
    Cool

Official Member

If you say so...but actually I was thinking now more of someone finding ways to prevent or heal from the corruption, instead of the 'racial resistance'.

Zerachiel
    Amused

Zerachiel Senior Citizen

I mean of course corruption can be healed, just there's no racial resistance which was my only point. I mean it would be if we were thinking by MMO means.

Perses Keraunos
    Cool

Official Member

LoL, no RPG here.

I just thought, 'bout the races, that some of 'em would have some kind of resistance to corruption.Just like some animals have a better resistance to some diseases.Don't the etheric have 'nasty' races that could endure that?

Zerachiel
    Amused

Zerachiel Senior Citizen

I mean there's races that can endure some conditions but corruption as a whole, but for example some corruption can affect the emotions and flare negative emotions, I suppose an individual who has control over themselves enough can fight that, but that's individual not racial.

Varric

Varric Staff Manager

Some beings can resist their own elements and by consequence would resist or negate corruption formed of that as a whole.

Beings that can heal themselves rapidly or have energetic resistance would also resist it slightly as they would resist all energy or heal all things slightly.

But there arent beings that resist corruption soley. Nor is any being going to be completely resistant to corruption as a whole.

Corruption is a technique. Its forceful conversion of another system.

As in any case of forcing a system not yours to do anything two main factors are deciding on the success.

How skilled the being corrupting is at their energy work.

And how skilled their opposer is.

A weaker new to energywork or young untrained being will have considerable difficulties corrupting something that grossly outpowers them in terms of skill.

That's not a resistance thats just defense and countertechniques.