1. Hello Guest! Welcome to Psion Nation. Currently you do not have an account with us so you are limited on what you can see here at the Nation. Sign Up for free you can have access to read all the amazing material. It takes a couple of seconds and your off to learning the Way of the Psion!

Recently Created Threads?

Psions Viewing Thread (Psions: 0, Guests: 0)

?

Is this a good idea? (Please read explanation before making an assumption based on the title.)

Poll closed Jan 22, 2017.
  1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Abstaining

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
    Aeriixion
    Darkness

Aeriixion VIP Member
    VIP Member

I never really thought about this til now, but I noticed that at least invisionfree and proboards forums have a small spot near their forum statistics that shows the most recent reply to a thread. I know the chat system certainly documents this. Likewise, the chat system alerts users when a new thread has been made.

This is a nice feature and all, but the chat gets cleared regularly (or at least, sort-of regularly...) and normal users cannot see the chat archive at all. So this information tends to get lost.

Sure, a user can skim through all the boards to see which threads are new or recently replied to, but wouldn't it be a nice feature if there were a link to a list of... say... maybe the 10 newest threads?

I mean, forget replies. Popular threads blow up the chat with reply alerts. But new threads seem to get lost in the deluge quite often and may not get any replies until days or weeks later. Some newbies seem to leave if they feel they've been completely ignored.

Would you say this is a good idea?

Administrator
    No Mood

Administrator State Department

I had that feature a while ago but it was removed. You can see what your looking for here: http://community.psionnation.com/find-new/posts

To find this hover over the Forums Link and go down to "New Posts". If you're on a mobile then it should automatically cascade a drop down list which also contains "New Posts".

Aeriixion
    Darkness

Aeriixion VIP Member
    VIP Member

Not quite the same as what I'm looking for, but thank you for pointing me to this feature.