1. Hello Guest! Welcome to Psion Nation. Currently you do not have an account with us so you are limited on what you can see here at the Nation. Sign Up for free you can have access to read all the amazing material. It takes a couple of seconds and your off to learning the Way of the Psion!

Scan-Tester

Psions Viewing Thread (Psions: 0, Guests: 0)

Gacsam

Gacsam BaconKinesis Master

Welcome to my first showcase of TechnoMagic, where Technology and Magic, become one.

My first project, my first creation, I'm proud to present!

Scan-Tester
    1. Chooses random attributes from a defined set list (shape, colour, functions) and creates a construct based on them.
    2. Lists the attributes, hidden under a box, stopping the user from seeing them.
    3. The user scans the construct, once they decide to see the result, they press Begin, it disappears, attributes show.
    Features
    Multiple difficulties, colour and shape, 1 function, 2 function and more!
    There's a 5% chance a function (3% for colour and shape) will be replaced with EMPTY, which also will help with practice against frontloading/AOL.

F.A.Q
    What do I need to run it?
    You need access to a device running Java.
    Computers can't do magic? That's not a question, and I don't care, mine does.
    How? Sigils
    Some "SECRET" function appeared? It's all a part of the program, it's about a 1/100 chance.

Future projects
    Porting Scan-Tester to Unity
    for Android use and .exe file extension - need scanners for testing functionality
    Adding more interesting functions.

Thanks to Esdras, Mario, Mari's Mage, Rishin, Mouseroot, Luiqwa, Helio for helping with this project.

Questioning Salesman voice: Don't feel like practicing with others? Can't be bothered waiting for someone to create something to scan? Or just can't find anyone to practice with?

Booming Salesman voice:
    Then Scan-Tester is exactly for you! It's easy to use, very small, and with the touch of a button you'll be scanning in no time.

Check it out here: https://sites.google.com/view/occultprogramming/index

#1 Gacsam, Sep 9, 2017
    Grammar Edited by PN Staff: Sep 17, 2017 at 9:34 PM
    Diazin, Mardahak and Asteer like this.
    D20panda
    Nerdy

D20panda Citizen

Can i see source code?

Gacsam

Diazin
    Sweettooth

Diazin Mentor
    Official Member

Cool! Gonna test this once I get to my pc.

Cato Sicarius
    Lurking

Cato Sicarius New Citizen

thenegativehunter
    Asleep

thenegativehunter Senior Citizen

well, as you see, this is what it is... i used javaws.exe 32bit. i am not a fan of java, or i would've helped you.
    [​IMG]

Gacsam

Can you copy the whole log, put it into a notepad and attach it here? I'll see what's up, possible x64/x86 incompatibility since I work on x64 but without looking into it can't be sure.

thenegativehunter
    Asleep

it is not the compability that matters. java has two versions. 32/64. you can install both. i installed java 64bit, the file run just fine. don't know if it can do magic but anyone that tries it should know they must have 64bit version of java installed.

Gacsam

I looked up both my code and Java version, and also used my brain for a minute... I'm apparently running Java x86 architecture - not that it matters since - Java is platform-independant mostly, just some libraries aren't, so that's not the issue.

You're using javaws, Java Web Start, hmm, I have not worked on Web functionality, it should be running javaw.exe, so that's most likely it. Honestly, I'm surprised you somehow managed to run it on javaws when it lacked the required .jnlp file.
    Web functionality isn't in plans, I've tried, and it's too much work to bother. Signing, CSRs, hosting etc.

Update 0.01: link updated, increased max functions to 5

#9 Gacsam, Sep 17, 2017 at 6:05 PM
    Grammar Edited by PN Staff: Sep 17, 2017 at 9:32 PM
    thenegativehunter
    Asleep

this is strange, for me it only runs with 64 bit. but my 32 bit java folder is not named jre7, it is named jre1.8.0_91. i think the website doesn't strictly specify what i download from it. since even with proxy i don't have access to oracle.com, i can't see all of the downloads available, perhaps that is the problem. anyway the one's with good scanning abilities should try this to see if it works or not.

Gacsam

I have no clue about your issue then. Update java perhaps? Launch .jar thru CMD?

I've had a couple scanners look at it, the only reason it actually went live, but yeah, the more the better.

thenegativehunter likes this.