1. Hello Guest! Welcome to Psion Nation. Currently you do not have an account with us so you are limited on what you can see here at the Nation. Sign Up for free you can have access to read all the amazing material. It takes a couple of seconds and your off to learning the Way of the Psion!

So how do you find out if youre otherkin?

Psions Viewing Thread (Psions: 0, Guests: 0)

phytas
    Blah

phytas Senior Citizen
    Official Member

As the title says, someone did a scan on me(idk if you want me to mention you) and well,i have serious doubts of otherkins being legit. I would like to see for myself, is it done through meditation? Also this isnt offensively meant to anyone defining themselves as a otherkin, but i've been doing some research on demonkin's and i seem to only find unstable emo kids who think that theyre demons(in demonkin communities).

Again sorry if this offends anyone, just havent seen any normal "demonkin" around.

Ulysses88 likes this.
    LinRae
    Thinking

LinRae Senior Citizen
    Official Member

Personally my experience one should not rely on others to find if you are or are not otherkin. I first joined the online otherkin communities back in 2009 after doing a lot of research on oddities I had found about myself. My research led me to find these communities. I am content in the knowledge I am who I am, despite certain members in the psionic community telling me what I am is impossible. Though I do agree due to the uprise of Tumblr based knowledge there is a need to find better ways if self-discovery. In the end though self-discovery is the only way to be sure. The so-called otherkin scans have low reliability in my experience.

phytas
    Blah

phytas Senior Citizen
    Official Member

Yeah i agree altho from my perspective being a otherkin doesnt really affect who you are or does it? Does it make you diffirent or give you diffirent powers? From what i read its just a fancy name for who are as a being(your character)

Aliter
    Bored

Aliter Senior Citizen
    Official Member

I agree with Lin. I wouldn't rely too much on scans given to you from other people. It'll just end up confusing you even more.

LinRae
    Thinking

LinRae Senior Citizen
    Official Member

No, it doesn't give you different powers. No matter the form your soul takes or the memories of past lives we are physically human. It's not really a fancy name for your character though. Different individuals of the same race can have characteristics of personality as different as two individuals of any other species

Demoplayer and Perses Keraunos like this.
    Avana
    In-Love

Avana Senior Citizen
    Official Member

Lol alot of real demons dont say they're demons 24/7 for the exact reason, its that mentality that teens think they're all horny/violent/assassin succubus's or incubus's. Theres like 10 million demons and they only pick the sexual ones.

And how did I find out about my otherkinity? I got off the computer unlike most people who rifle through google all day in the OEC, I meditated on myself and what I could be, and I always got the image or the feeling that the energy inside me was dangerous (Or Dark if you don't know what I am already.)

Now it wasn't the easiest thing in the world to accept who I was, I started doing yoga and learning how to hone my psychic senses as kid because where I lived it was filled with beings and certain individuals that you wouldn't be able to make up seeing as a kid. Parents used to teach us the importance of spirituality up until middle school then when everyone else stopped, I decided to go on ahead with it, I was curious about ghosts and any proper explanation of vampirism existing.

I used to full body etheric project alot when I was younger and I often found myself standing in a hallway or a mirror puzzled by what I saw. I'd often get the feeling someones watching me and I also used to see hooded figures and a certain women standing in the corner behind me, and when I looked it up online for once in 2011 I found it who that said person was (Keeping names confidential) and also I practiced telekinesis and electrokinesis and found mytk/psiw/psionn and thats where the rest of my journey to find myself was accepted.

Alot of people here rely on scans of others and then get mad when they're not Megatron from Mars or something, and you'd be shocked at how many people can't accept who they are lol, not that its all its cracked up to be vicariously living through mythological beings.

When it comes to nonhumans powers and abilities, you can find something as crazy cool and OP as fuck in you (I mean if you're a human but also if you're another being) as in anyone else, don't see ninjitsu ghost abilities and get disheartened, I've seen this human kid crush a dragon in an etheric spar and I was excited lol.

But yeah everyone has latents and talents, nonhumans have generally fanicer looking things (Sorry for big post I got excited to explain)

phytas likes this.
    phytas
    Blah

phytas Senior Citizen
    Official Member

Thanks for the reply, i agree on your points and ill start meditation myself. Its just hard to find people as you guys on psionnation, meaning all of you here. Which made me think its some sort of teenage fantasy roleplay thing such as the twilight ohh im a vampire hype back then haha

Ulysses88 likes this.
    Mammon

Mammon Senior Citizen
    Official Member

Honestly if you don't believe in otherkin then just dont. If you wanna believe in them then believe in em

They'll exist with or without you. If your one youll be one with or without you believing you are one.

It also doesn't really change anything your energy will still naturally be however it is. Otherkin or human thats how it will flow.

Your physically human being otherkin won't change that.

All that otherkinity will do is open up doors for self development of yourself through use of past life memories and maybe breaking seals on a few latents.

The memories won't really change anything beyond what you know and usually arent all that important.

The latents can develop on their own with or without you knowing if your kin or not.

People but wayyyyyyyy too much emphasis on something that doesn't actually affect much of anything.

If you don't want to buy into it. Then don't. No one will judge lol.

If you do wanna find out do some self discovery amd whats listed above.

Zerachiel
    Amused

Zerachiel Senior Citizen

I agree with Mammon, but also read yourself, over and over cause you will find out different things as you progress then seek confirmations in my opinion, don't fall into your own bias. I wouldnt rely on EVERYONE who claims scanner, but there are a few who are very skilled in it but don't speak much about it because otherkinity isn't necessarily all that important besides maybe in terms of abilities.

I found my "kinity" through years of self searching, but then I also sought confirmation from multiple communities who all claim to the same or close conclusion, so those that say don't believe scanners probably haven't met a competent scanner or the scanner said something that they refuse to believe (or take with a grain of salt) cause it doesn't align to what they perceive themselves but all scans should be taken with a grain of salt. But I believe in the rule of 3 even tho I've had over 20 scans for myself due to doubt, so I believe if 3 or more scans contradict your own scan of yourself then your scan might be the one that's wrong. This isn't aimed at anyone so before someone gets offended and pop a gasket let me make that clear.

#9 Zerachiel, Sep 5, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2016
    Demoplayer likes this.
    phytas
    Blah

phytas Senior Citizen
    Official Member

T
    This whole otherkin thing got me interested, how did you find out? Would love to try it my self.

Zerachiel
    Amused

Zerachiel Senior Citizen

Deep meditation helps, it's basically soul diving anyway, but I also got multiple readings from experienced readers from OECs, otherkin communities(not many since OKCs are garbage for the most aprt), and even new age communities (shocker xD)

Demoplayer likes this.
    phytas
    Blah

phytas Senior Citizen
    Official Member

Aha, going to get into meditation anyway so probally will find out along on the way. No idea what OECs are since im a noob lol. Thanks for the info!

Mammon

Mammon Senior Citizen
    Official Member

Aye. Indeed. Competent scanners are hard to come by these days. Seems everyone and their first cousin twice removed can "scan" but not a one can tell you anything beyond "you have energy in your energy system" like wow mvp you done figured it all out haven't you? (You as in general not anyone specific)

The few competent scanners i find tend to keep to themselves. Being asked to scan all day long by people who aint worth the effort gets tedious and obnoxious fast. Its equally obnoxious to watch someone who disagrees with the results go on some quest to debunk the person who scanned. Like why you gunna come get a scan if you gunna spend the next 3 months saying that person sucks every chance u get? Now if that person messed up mention it. Really do so its the only way ppl get better. But following them across sites or going to others to say they cant? Like aint u got anything better to do? (Ive seen it happen more often than i care to mention)

Most competent scanners will be the ones most people will refer a person to. You should always be hesitant of those who boast about anything. You should be very hesitant about those who boast about scanning abilities or say a bunch of outlandish mumbo. If it sounds too good to be true it probably is. Most people have rather mediocre past lives.

Sorry mini rant about scanners and scanning and dumb people. But its all valid info. Self discovery is key. But if 3-5 competent people are all seeing the same thing it's probably cuz its accurate.

Zerachiel
    Amused

Zerachiel Senior Citizen

OEC=online energy communities, basically these communities
    OKC=Otherkin Community

Mammon

Mammon Senior Citizen
    Official Member

OEC is the acronym for Online Energy Community.

It was originally a set group of sites but the term has since grown to embody any site that partakes actively and main focus is teaching energy work.

Mammon

Mammon Senior Citizen
    Official Member

Yea this.

Okc. Eww avoid those with a hatred and passion. They have fallen into quite a disreputable state since tumblr became a thing and gender equality movements devolved into i am a special flower give me special privileges movements

Anodyne, Demoplayer and Zerachiel like this.
    phytas
    Blah

phytas Senior Citizen
    Official Member

Thanks for the info guys, and yeah been to some otherkin communities thats what made me doubt the credibility of otherkin lol.

Mammon

Mammon Senior Citizen
    Official Member

Thats cuz they aren't kin. Theyre mentally disturbed children.

SageYuu and Avana like this.
    Zerachiel
    Amused

Zerachiel Senior Citizen

Yeah the otherkin community is just full of shiros.

Avana likes this.
    phytas
    Blah

phytas Senior Citizen
    Official Member

Haha exactly my thoughts, hence why i was confused.