1. Hello Guest! Welcome to Psion Nation. Currently you do not have an account with us so you are limited on what you can see here at the Nation. Sign Up for free you can have access to read all the amazing material. It takes a couple of seconds and your off to learning the Way of the Psion!

So how do you find out if youre otherkin?

Psions Viewing Thread (Psions: 0, Guests: 0)

LinRae
    Thinking

LinRae Senior Citizen
    Official Member

Unfortunately the majority of the decent otherkin communities are dead, and the active ones are full of trolls, tumblrites, or people looking to fluff their own ego.

Dark Lord likes this.
    Perses Keraunos
    Cool

Perses Keraunos ♛First Elder of the Nation♛
    Official Member

As i've discovered, you won't get a "BAM!Suddenly i know what i am, what i can do and etc."
    Sure you might get a load of info in a short period, but the awakening will take sometime to happen.Meditation and continuous training seems to help in finding out more 'bout yourself, after all who will know you best, if not yourself?

Though if you're in doubt if you are or not 'kin, then is more probable that you aren't.

LinRae likes this.
    Zerachiel
    Amused

Zerachiel Senior Citizen

Wrong on so many levels. Doubt it common, especially with certain kintypes. The whole "if you doubt you're not kin you're most likely not" is mostly stupid dribble tbh. A lot of kin doubt themselves for a while.

phytas
    Blah

phytas Senior Citizen
    Official Member

Idk, did a few meditation sessions. Found out my "being" isnt exactly human, but what else it is i have no clue haha.

LinRae
    Thinking

LinRae Senior Citizen
    Official Member

If you can 'see' your form, that's good enough in my opinion. One thing to note though, even a human energy worker can develop energetic wings.

Avana
    In-Love

Avana Senior Citizen
    Official Member

Not develop, construct.

Mammon and Zerachiel like this.
    LinRae
    Thinking

LinRae Senior Citizen
    Official Member

Develop or unintentionally construct.

Avana
    In-Love

Avana Senior Citizen
    Official Member

You don't unintentionally construct something without the willpower to do so. It would just be a construct either way you want to look at it. I could make horns and pop em on my head it wouldn't make them any realer than my old ones.

Zerachiel likes this.
    Perses Keraunos
    Cool

Official Member

Then we should change some articles/posts in order to fix this."Talk 'bout something too much and it will eventually become truth".
    I don't think i'm the only one with this mentality of "if you doubt then you aren't" though.

LinRae likes this.
    LinRae
    Thinking

LinRae Senior Citizen
    Official Member

The wings I am referring to are as real as any astral/spiritual appendage.

When I first looked up and found otherkin, the common consensus was that if you think you are what is defined as otherkin (usually before discovering the term) then you likely are. If you aren't sure even after discovering the term, then you likely aren't. Of course this was before Tumblr got its claws into the community.

Perses Keraunos
    Cool

Official Member

Tumblr is only good for two things:post art/fanart and find art from your OTPs, or so my sis likes to say.

Zerachiel
    Amused

Zerachiel Senior Citizen

That article is Baal's not mines to edit and people should have common sense to know that doubt is natural. If people don't have doubt then the way I see it is you either got enough information and confirmations what have you to be certain or youre too sure of your own information without thought of flaws.

Aliter likes this.
    Perses Keraunos
    Cool

Official Member

Good point.Even now i still am unsure of somethings(though it's more related to precise info) and i'm in the process.

Avana
    In-Love

Avana Senior Citizen
    Official Member

"The wings I am referring to are as real as any astral/spiritual appendage."

I'm speaking about the realistic realms like the etheric, not the astral. I think we've explained and documented astral is the land of thought or imagination numerous times.

Those wings are only as real as you imagine them, yet still a construct altogether. I could imagine my horns all day but once I project to the etheric and pull on them, thats where I realize that "OUCH THAT HURTS'" and they aren't made by energy and visualization. I could also forget I have them like I usually do then see that they're there once people begin pointing them out to me when I go project and
    have my hair tied back.

Human energy workers can make that, but they go poof once you're tired, out of energy, or out of focus, thus, being a construct, and if its astral, a construct of imagination.

Humans will be humans at the end of the day, not a magically winged creature just because they feel like mixing energy and pushing it out to form what suits them.

Don't instill false hope, you know better.

Mammon

Mammon Senior Citizen
    Official Member

You guys sure do bicker alot of something silly that doesn't really change one way or the other.

Diazin and Avana like this.
    phytas
    Blah

phytas Senior Citizen
    Official Member

Wait where does this whole wing thing actually come from? I said i looked weird, not winged haha. Still trying to find out the meaning of it, seeing the shape everytime i meditate and go in deeply enough. It doesnt really make sense to me so ill just let it be for now.

Demoplayer
    Inspired

Demoplayer Senior Citizen
    Official Member

It comes from the thought that some energy healers although human somehow develop energetic wings despite it not being a human feature heck I could feel and slightly see wings on myself either last year or the year before for the longest time I don't seen to feel them at all now though (when you notice that all of what you said is quite irrelevant because you don't know your kinity much less humanity xD)

LinRae
    Thinking

LinRae Senior Citizen
    Official Member

Sorry, but no. I have met humans who had wings as real as mine or any other winged kin. But they were still human. It's not false hope, it is something I have actually seen. One seraph I met once theorized they develop in relation to spiritual growth to help store/contain some of the excess energies.

Dark Lord
    Darkness

Dark Lord Senior Citizen
    Official Member

you should discover it for yourself, as a kin myself, I can honestly say that there are true kin out there, you just have to know where to look, and remember things aren't always as they seem, meditation is a great way to find out if you are kin. I know because I found out I was long before I knew it had a name. so, be open to the idea that you might be kin, but don't be too open, or you'll get false results.

Avana and Zerachiel like this.
    Avana
    In-Love

Avana Senior Citizen
    Official Member

Beautiful, yet its still a construct, not anything natural. Wings don't store excess energy nor do they actually help with spiritual growth of any kind. You're not going to be some magically wing creature, end of story for humans who want to be something else, not what this thread is about. Sorry but lets move on, hun.

Mammon and Zerachiel like this.