1. Hello Guest! Welcome to Psion Nation. Currently you do not have an account with us so you are limited on what you can see here at the Nation. Sign Up for free you can have access to read all the amazing material. It takes a couple of seconds and your off to learning the Way of the Psion!

Spiritual vs. Physical Otherkinism

Psions Viewing Thread (Psions: 0, Guests: 0)

ML88
    Relaxed

ML88 Citizen

Hello everyone! ML88 here with a theory that I had come up with about 3 years ago surrounding Otherkin/Therianism! As a Lycan I am very much Otherkin, but also too I am one of those kind of Kin who's body is a host for MANY otherkin souls (about 47) and they all influence all that I do and they can also speak through me through the M-Shifting process. I wanted to just post this theory up here and see if there is either anyone who agrees with me or anyone who feels the same way as this. So here we go!

Physical Otherkinism

So, all of us feel Otherkin or Therian in some way, that is not what this means here. What Physical Otherkinism is, is the manifestation of the Kin. They can talk and there is a relationship between your mundane side and them! With me having 47 kin souls I can M-Shift at anytime and talk with them, or have them help me, we help each other...they keep me grounded and I teach them things as well. Out bodies for something like this would be called a "Spiritual Hotel", they live within a part of the astral realm that is closest to you and reside there...being able to come and go as they please, but they are there to help you along to achieve some sort of destiny in your life or to make you feel more like you!

Spiritual Otherkinism

This is more of the meditative branch of things! They types of Otherkin are those who feel more like themselves when they meditate and when they shift. There is mainly one soul within the vasel (being the body) and that you have a close and personal relationship with because it is the true you!

I am curious, do you fit any of these definitions? Agree? Dissagree? Comment below and/or message me and we can chat!

Thanks for the read!
    ML88

SageYuu
    Sleepy

SageYuu Third Elder of the Nation
    Official Member

This sounds more like the whole "Hey, look I'm sssssppppeeeecccciiiiiiaaaalllllll" BS side of other kin. If you feel the need to call yourself 47 different things due to an identity crisis, being unable to determine who you are due to the fact you don't like yourself or not satisfied with who/what you are, a bruised ego, and low self esteem; then you can very well do so if if helps you cope with your inherent flaws.

Otherkinity is not as important or as fantastical as you may think. I could go around calling myself The Ancient Psychic Tandem War Elephant, but in the end I would only be myself, a delusional and conceited version but, none the less myself.

In all honesty, I personally don't really see all of these fantastical creatures, these alien like and mythical beings when I think of the otherkin community. I just see a bunch of desperate and confused individuals desperately seeking themselves. Otherkinity is not about being some sort of 'cool' fantastical race with awesome power. People who are 'otherkin' often read too much fantasy and become entranced by the fairy tails weaved by both exceptional and tacky authors. They are drawn in the by the idea of some sort of sexual appeal of the race, their abilities, they lore, and they weave this elaborate misconception/delusion in their minds and lose themselves in it. To even Give the concept of other kin a concrete validity, I would say it's less about have seven heads, having fur, sexual appeal, power, fantasy, and less of a journey of self discovery like everyone makes it out to be. The journey is simply being yourself.

Then enters the matter of Reincarnation. This almighty confusing bullshit that newagers spew out of their ass. Congratulations you were a (w/e) in your past life. Does it actually hold meaning or validity in this one? The only thing you should do with your past is move on, grow, learn, and simply live; enjoying life to the fullest. You have absolutely no idea what to do with yourself, seeing what you have and may have been. You just can't help but be all these things but in reality you are just you. From there an identity crisis is born.

You energy, you mind can even foo yourself. You've already probably heard about phantom limb syndrome, so I'm not going into that. You're energy manifests and acts upon your desires, whims, beliefs, wants, and etc.; same with your imagination (which the third eye relates to). You can easily fool yourself into being something your are not without even realizing it. Just by thinking something is cool, attractive, just by finding some semblance of relation with it, you can easily, very easily trick yourself. You are your own worst enemy.

This is why so many get confused.

“Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle.”
    Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

SSHMadaraCHI and LinRae like this.
    Perses Keraunos
    Cool

Perses Keraunos ♛First Elder of the Nation♛
    Official Member

I'll admit that I didn't understand this.You have 47 'kin souls sharing the same vessel or you're claiming to BE 47 different races?

Actually the entire text was a bit confusing, but this part I really didn't get it.
    I thought this as well, the "identity crisis" part.I believe that there are 'kin that are a mix of races, but usually they end up becoming their own race(hybrid).47 is too much, it would be like claiming to be descendend from many cultures due to ancestors.After some generations you can't really claim it.
    Maybe he doesn't know what he is, but if it 'bout not being satisfied with it, then there isn't much he can do :p

Adventure Time reference.Nice.
    For some people, being 'kin isn't 'bout "being special", but 'bout finding out another part of yourself.For me it's more of a self-discovery
    , 'cause who wouldn't want to know everything 'bout themselves?That seems to be one of the reasons why so many people want to learn 'bout past lives as well, to learn more of who they are now.

"Cool fantastical race with awesome power" does seem to be a reason for people to wish to be 'kin, but we know that it doesn't mean anything to our physical vessels.So claiming to be something that can't really do more than a human(physically) due to "restrictions" wouldn't be as appealing as you make it sound, which is why only few keep the 'kin label in the end.'Cause only few people are truly 'kin.
    What/who we were in our past lives can impact who we are now.Mostly we end up being a collection of bits and pieces of what/who we were in our current life, sometimes keeping a mindset or habit of a past life.
    I would say that this would be the excuse of the skeptics towards psionics and energy work in general.The "cool factor" can be used for anything, so should we use it as an excuse to not do anything as well?

LinRae likes this.
    Zerachiel
    Amused

Zerachiel Senior Citizen

I see this more as more of psychological otherkin, outside of that the concept of physical otherkin is not touched, aside from those kids that try forms of different shifts. Also not all of us feel "otherkin" quite frankly I doubt a good portion here are otherkin. Despite what one feels they may be, there can be a number of reasons for feeling some way.

I just see as people who are kin in their core or whatever it is that makes them otherkin inside. Albeit I don't see meditation all that relevant to being otherkin or using it to feel closer to what you really are. I don't really see otherkin as important as I use to, once I found out my true self and such I shifted my focus on my physical practice.
    Quite frankly I find the OKC to be a joke now in all honesty lol. Especially when you have people who get in their feelings about someone's kin because they can't see past their bias irrelevance to the person.

I find this highly unlikely though I accept if I am wrong, but walk-ins (hosts) are usually host to if anything 2-3 beings in one body. 47 souls in one body I am sure is highly incompatible and health to one's energy system and mental health, but hey again could be wrong.

#4 Zerachiel, Jan 20, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2017
    LinRae likes this.
    SageYuu
    Sleepy

Official Member

Actually there is! It's called getting the hell over it and accepting himself without kinity. That's what I did :smile_cat:, Then you might eventually stumble across something like I did but, still my to me my kinity isn't something special. Even though everyone else seems to think their 'kinity' is some sort of fabulous circumstantial thing that they hane to carry on about and announce tot he world.

True, true... But Like I said earlier... People get too caught up in it and this is where the shit starts. Though in my honest opinion other kinity isn't about some sort of self journey, I mean yeah it can be a part of it but, discovering kinity isn't needed. A journey of self-realization is simpler and more spiritual. I mean seriously you could just pull out a piece of paper, write down your likes, dislikes and actually THINK about yourself and your traits and would be far more enlightening. We go about our daily lives doing all these 'things', but we never really sit back and look at it all. We just simply do, perform them based on our preferences. You don't need all of this.. metaphysical/mystical bullshit to find out who you are. What you are doesn't make a damn difference in the in. To give a few examples int eh physical... race, skin color, autistic, physical disabled, so in the lager scope of things. Does Otherkinity make such a drastic difference that all these people have to seek it out or are they just confused role players/delusion people/mentally ill people/etc. who stumbled across an OEC site and wanted to have some fun or something else?

Despite of how you may interpret or view this, it goes far more in-depth, but can be absolutely stupidly simple. Who you are is simply who you are everyday and all those insecurities you bury under that mask.
    [​IMG]

I more along the lines of referring to the appeal. A person can easily go around saying something they are not due to some sort of delusion or desire or fantasy. Also, please rephrase the rest of your statement. I am having a difficult time understanding your phrasing.

And beyond all of that is where the confusion starts due to new ager BS. Your past lives honestly DON'T MATTER. What does matter is who you are int he present.

You sound like you are merely spewing indirect quotes, I believe I've heard that said before. What's YOUR opinion?

If you want to sit on your ass all day by all means go for it. I rather do something.

Mouseroot
    Veggedout

Mouseroot Senior Citizen
    Official Member

Are you sure its not that you have just identified the "47" parts of your psyche or perhaps "47" shades of who you are...I dont really believe in the whole otherkin thing, I think its
    (will + belief) * metaphysics = otherkin / anykin

Which isn't bad in itself its actually a bit of a testament to what the power of the mind is capable of, however I only see humans...sure some of us may have a little something extra in there...but basically were all human.

And the idea that you can have "many" souls in a single vessel really really stretches the concept out.

Basically, I feel your wasting your energy and time, work on YOU...and stop placing yourself in a column, your human...just like everyone else.

Not to say your not special, you are...we all are. However some animal persona doesnt make you special...YOU make you special.

To expand further, these 47 souls could be 47 archetypes you have identified and worked with (maybe in the past) but other than that, transmute that energy to empower yourself.

SageYuu
    Sleepy

Official Member

The paradox effects revolving around 'otherkin'.
    :joy_cat:

Mouseroot
    Veggedout

Mouseroot Senior Citizen
    Official Member

Well, If you really think about it, this isnt just made up stuff our anscesters belived in spirit animals and the like, so it could really be some really deep part of the global subconscious trying to make contact with those spirit animals again or something along that route...I dont completely discredit the whole otherkin thing...Infact I have seen it bring people together who are complete outcasts...so It has merit.

HOWEVER, saying that IT defines YOU, is the tipping point, its like how doctors, engineers, politcians and any other job you have defines you
    "mouseroot the programmer" not "mouseroot the human" likewise "ML88 the otherkin, with 47 souls"...

basically, just more labels.

ML88, Im not discrediting you either, you may be more legit than anyone else on here, but Im just throwing out my perspective on the subject. (this is like the race war of psionics...truth be told)

LinRae
    Thinking

LinRae Senior Citizen
    Official Member

This is not otherkin. This is a human having a walk-in or well-developed tulpa.

No, not when they meditate or shift.
    Um. Still not quite. Spiritual otherkin are more those who have a belief or discovery that the most central part of their soul or spirit (core) is not that of a human. Most of the time folks don't manage to contact/find their higher self, which is the internal manifestation of your most complete and true self(more or less).

Zerachiel likes this.
    SageYuu
    Sleepy

Official Member

Mouseroot, I don't think it's pointless. I just think it's not worth the effort to even bother with for beginners and unnecessary.

(insert gibberish about souldives here)
    :joy_cat:

ML88
    Relaxed

ML88 Citizen

A lot of good points were raised and as stated above it is 47 different souls sharing the same space...but I will work on phrasing it better...the original work was lost on a much older site. I appologize for the confusion and will work on rephrasing myself