1. Hello Guest! Welcome to Psion Nation. Currently you do not have an account with us so you are limited on what you can see here at the Nation. Sign Up for free you can have access to read all the amazing material. It takes a couple of seconds and your off to learning the Way of the Psion!

Terrorism

Psions Viewing Thread (Psions: 0, Guests: 0)

phantomdust
    Curious

phantomdust Senior Citizen
    Official Member

This is an extremely dark and rather "touchy" subject, I know, but it is something that needs to be discussed and delt with. It has become a very serious issue lately. Innocent people all around the world are suffering and dying on a daily basis because of these terrorists.

Let's just get to the point here. What can we do to help stifle or entirely snuff out this threat? I don't mean as a country or as a world. I mean us, this community, energy and magic users. We have metaphysical abilities that I believe could be of great use in this matter. We have people who can read minds, cause illness, steal energy, screw with electronics, track and follow people in different planes by their energy, can talk to and negotiate with non-physical entities, and much more.

We have all of these great abilities that can do so much and yet they are never put to use in important matters but instead are wasted on the pointless trivialities of daily life or are only used for simple entertainment. We can do so much more, we can be so much more. We can actually do a lot of good in the world and could potentially even save hundreds if not thousands of innocent lives by using these abilities against the terrorists.

I honestly see no reason why we could not or should not, but tell me what you think. What should we do if we can do something to help? Or if we can't or shouldn't, why can't we or why shouldn't we?

Zerachiel
    Amused

Zerachiel Senior Citizen

I don't think you can ever really get rid of terrorism, there's domestic terrorism, and other forms of terrorism. I suppose you can 'join the military' but other than that I dont think there's a way to combat it outside of that. Unless you mean through energy work then I am still iffy on that possibility.

thepsycicwidget likes this.
    Varric

Varric Staff Manager

Nothing.

I know alotta people will think that these abilities will change the world or somethin.

They wont. Theyve been around since forever. They havent changed it yet.

Also you can't change human nature. Humans kill eachother in brutual and insane ways over trivial matter all the time. Its a human thing. Might as well get used to it.

Or join military and go shoot terrorist. But remember theres two sides to every store. Terrorists see themselves as the good guys too.

thepsycicwidget likes this.
    phantomdust
    Curious

Official Member

You may not be able to get rid of it entirely, but you can significantly reduce it, perhaps to the point of irrelevancy if you can take down the bigger terrorist organizations. As for combating it, yes I meant through energy work.

For example, if you can use telepathy and can bilocate or astral project you could potentially find a terrorist via a picture or their energy and tear the information of where they have their bases or where their leaders are hiding. Or if you can just bilocate you could potentially find them and follow them to one of their bases and even learn the identities of more terrorists. Or if you could project to other planes you could potentially make a deal with an entity or entities and have some of the more well known ones be possessed. That's just off the top of my head.

phantomdust
    Curious

Official Member

They do see themselves as the good guys! Are they? Obviously not. They are religious fanatics who kill innocent people in the name of their god because they can't stand the fact that people don't believe the same things as them. They have no moral ground to stand on.

Also, these abilities don't need to change the world, people can do that. In this situation they would only be helping get rid of a few bad people, which they can do and have done in the past. They would just be being implemented in a different way.

Zerachiel
    Amused

Zerachiel Senior Citizen

Well you possibly can reduce it but then again you have these people that believe the government is creating these terrorist groups for whatever reason, then you have as Varric said both sides thinking theyre the good guys etc. It's too many variations to look through.

Thoughtful
    Question

Thoughtful Senior Citizen
    Official Member

Terrorism goes away when the people are content and feel safe. The places where these terrorists come from are economically, culturally, religiously, and in most other ways unstable. Climate change is making, and will continue to make, the Middle East uninhabitable for humans. Their dwindling resources and instability create negative feedback loops a plenty.

In short, the Middle East is a lost cause. They've been fighting for centuries (actually for millennia) and they don't show signs of stopping. No amount physical or metaphysical intervention can save it.

SSHMadaraCHI, Varric and Zerachiel like this.
    phantomdust
    Curious

Official Member

True, but they aren't just attacking the Middle East. They are attacking other countries as well. Take the twin towers, or the recent suicide bombing in Manchester for example. If it was just contained the Middle East it wouldn't be a major concern around the world, like it is today.

Perses Keraunos
    Cool

Perses Keraunos ♛First Elder of the Nation♛
    Official Member

"Are we the world police?"
    That's all I'll say.
    You could give every human the same thing, and many of 'em would still demand more.I think that if someone or an organization could do the impossible and create 'world peace', it wouldn't last long.
    That last phrase is similar to the one 'bout 'A god to someone is the devil to another', though I think that most of us agree that killing people to make their point is bad whatever the side or the reason.

Zerachiel likes this.
    Varric

Varric Staff Manager

You assume these abilties have far more sway than they actually do. This isnt like an anime.

And i certainly aint about to waste my energy for something i dont have an opinion on anyways.

People are killing other people. Again. I've only seen this MILLIONS OF TIMES in all of my lives. Nothing new. I didnt step-in in the past. I won't be stepping in this time.

Its not my fight. Not my war. Never was. Never will be. Why would i take a side when i have no stake in either sides victory?

I am not an alturist.

Zerachiel likes this.
    Zerachiel
    Amused

Zerachiel Senior Citizen

Honestly world peace is a fool's dream

Thoughtful
    Question

Thoughtful Senior Citizen
    Official Member

It's not that they're attacking the Middle East, they come from the Middle East. They live there. The 911 guys lived there and the Manchester guy will probably be from there too. They're attacking the Middle East as well though, as in they've been infighting longer than modern western civilization has existed.

They're moving to other places because, and I'm not sure if you've noticed, the Middle East is literally hell on Earth. A hell hole of their own design mind you.

I consider myself to be 100% an optimist, but even if we lived in the world of the last airbender it still wouldn't be feasible to save that place.

Best we can do is to stop funneling resources into the great sand toilet and just continue to laugh at their primitive ways.
    Eh I wouldn't say that. We're actually living in the most peaceful time on Earth in terms of war. Trend wise the times between wars continues to increase. Resource wars may start soonish but ya never know.

#12 Thoughtful, May 24, 2017
    Last edited: May 24, 2017
    Killing Time
    Fine

Killing Time Citizen

"A Fools dream" it is indeed.

Fools go where angels fear to tread.

It can be solved, but not by magick alone. Magick can only be used upon the self with any real validity.

To solve it would require great change across many layers of humanity. There is a way.

A novel thought. How about the developed world help fund and build equatorial solar farms. Specifically in the waste lands and the desert regions.

We do away with using oil (which I suspect is the only resource such nations can barter with and I dread to think how dangerous future earth quakes are going to be with the lubricant between the plates having been extracted; the Pacific rim is imminent a magnitude 8+ earthquake).

And those who live in the "fire belt" can exchange energy for water and food from the more wet and fertile regions of the planet. It would also help the cycles of nature to replenish themselves (they are infinite if allowed to replenish themselves and thus avoid extinction of our resources/bio tech).

We have entered a "period of night". A new dawn beckons. It's time to wake up, for our children's sake.

Varric

Varric Staff Manager

New age hippy lingo aside. I agree.

But humans will never conquer their baser instincts.

Perses Keraunos
    Cool

Official Member

Only if all of 'em went through a 'shock by awakening', but for that to happen...:pensive:

Zerachiel
    Amused

Zerachiel Senior Citizen

Fair point a good idea, however. Humans, we may want something but the fact solar farms -might- ruin "mother nature" you'll get a lot of new agers complaining about us messing up the earth but honestly you do make very sound points.

Perses Keraunos
    Cool

Official Member

Most of these 'new agers' are just hippies trying to sound wise.Give 'em herbs and they'll leave everyone alone xD

Zerachiel likes this.
    Killing Time
    Fine

Killing Time Citizen

I would not suggest conquering something that has proven to be of use to us.

Anyway they are an intrinsic part of us good or bad. I accept them.

What I am suggesting is learning to understand them enough so that we can weild them like masters. Instead of them weild us.

Killing Time
    Fine

Killing Time Citizen

What is a "new ager"?

Perses Keraunos
    Cool

Official Member

The people that are into that new age stuff.