1. Hello Guest! Welcome to Psion Nation. Currently you do not have an account with us so you are limited on what you can see here at the Nation. Sign Up for free you can have access to read all the amazing material. It takes a couple of seconds and your off to learning the Way of the Psion!

Test your Electrokinesis

Psions Viewing Thread (Psions: 0, Guests: 0)

Psi-Gúrú
    Darkness

Psi-Gúrú Senior Citizen

If you want to test how strong your Electrokinesis is you can do these experiments at home.

There are 2 ways ofcourse, if you studied in physics class, to test if something is electricaly charged or containst electricity.
    Way 1:
    Electroscope. Make an electroscope, it's a device that can easly be made to test if something is charged.
    Here it is how it looks:
    http://www.desktopclass.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/PG10C9_009.png

You can search online how to make one and then this is what you do to test your EK:
    1. Charge your any finger with electricity and make it flow inside and outside of your finger creating an electromagnetic field around it. Now touch the metal ball or whatever the top part of electroscope is made of. Just let your electricity flow trough the device. The metal leafs should separate. That means you progressed in Electrokinesis well.

Way 2:
    make a galvanometer.
    When electricity runs trough the copper wire it creates a magnetic field and it makes the compass rotate. This is how it looks:

https://www.homesciencetools.com/a/assets/Galvanometer.jpg

make one and connect the ends of a wire to a battery and you'll see that the compass rotates due to the magnetic field.
    Now do the same, charge your fingers and touch the ends of wire or project the electricity to the wire. Hope tis helps.

Equilibrium
    Question

Equilibrium Senior Citizen
    Official Member

How has your results come with these devices?

Psi-Gúrú
    Darkness

Psi-Gúrú Senior Citizen

I made a galvanometre since I only had those materials and my electricity made the compass move a bit.
    Planning to make a electroscope soon.

Equilibrium
    Question

Equilibrium Senior Citizen
    Official Member

Dope. I made a galvanomtre once too, like you. I didn't get it to work though. and I think mine was built just very bad. good on you though

Psi-Gúrú
    Darkness

Psi-Gúrú Senior Citizen

you can either buy it too, thx.

Psi-Gúrú
    Darkness

Psi-Gúrú Senior Citizen

Found a loop hole to Galvanometer test. Make a coil around the compass and don't let the wire ends stick out. Just tie them together so the coil is endless. If the knot of the wire is sticking out cut it. So it's barely unnoticable to see the wire sticking out of the coil. This is beacuse electricity drains out on sharp edges of conducting materials. This coil is smooth so electricity will run continuously as ong as you give it a push. And then just try moving electrons in wire to one side. Or charging your finger and then sliding your finger in mid air next to the coil close to it as if you were sliding an imaginary wheel. Chaos~