1. Hello Guest! Welcome to Psion Nation. Currently you do not have an account with us so you are limited on what you can see here at the Nation. Sign Up for free you can have access to read all the amazing material. It takes a couple of seconds and your off to learning the Way of the Psion!

the true way to use magic

Psions Viewing Thread (Psions: 0, Guests: 0)

mage emporer16
    Inspired

mage emporer16 Senior Citizen
    Official Member

So anyway I believe the true way to use magic is not through all these magic spells and rituals but instead you have to be able to influence magic at it's core but if you don't believe me then try for your selves experiment with this idea all you have to do to work magic is energy work

Zerachiel
    Amused

Zerachiel Senior Citizen

There is no "true" way to use magic, magic is energy manipulation at it's core with many different ways to do it. That's all. No special way, no true way. Only what the individual chooses to do with it and how to do it.

thepsycicwidget and LanceAlam like this.
    mage emporer16
    Inspired

mage emporer16 Senior Citizen
    Official Member

k guess your right

Mouseroot
    Veggedout

Mouseroot Senior Citizen
    Official Member

Magick is more about using the vibrations of items or the energies of the items to carry out a task, or theres ritual magick where a certain dance or movement is repaeted, there isnt anything special about the items or the dances themselves (although there are esoteric moves that are special) its more about placing the person in the mindset.

The tools that most Wicca and "traditional" magicks use are basically mental crutches, the candles that are burning represent something in the persons mind, as does all the other ingredients....all that combined in your mind are the "core" ingredients to make that magick work... At the end of the day its all in your head and maybe thats what you mean by working with magick at its core.

When you learn that without YOU these things are just seperate energies and combined THROUGH and WITH you in your mind they produce the desired results.

I believe there is a strong reason why I mostly researched traditional magick but never really drew a circle or created an alter, I found that it was all in my head and I personally love the concept of being able to cast spells/energy on the go, so I skimped them altogether and just do Energy Manipulation. I like to think also that using just your body is the more direct approach to energy work, everything else is extra imo

Zerachiel likes this.
    LinRae
    Thinking

LinRae Senior Citizen
    Official Member

There is no 'true way' to use magic. There are several methods that have the same or similar end, where no one way is most correct. The only wrong way is when it's faked.

Bamaboy201 and Mouseroot like this.
    Perses Keraunos
    Cool

Perses Keraunos ♛First Elder of the Nation♛
    Official Member

The way you talk is as if you were a kid that believed in Santa Claus and tried to make others believe too, instead of explaining why you believe that Santa is true.
    The Lab section isn't for random posts, but for people wanting to post 'bout something new that they're researching/experimenting or something that intrigues 'em and makes 'em want to find more in deep.If you just want to post your beliefs or opinions, we have more appropriate forums for you to do this.

Of course there's a true way...MY way xD
    Magic, as with any other energy work, has dozens of ways for someone to do something in order to achieve the same result.It's like parkour, the start and end might be the same, but the path in-between isn't.Reason why I have my unorthodox ways, for example.

Mindset, will, intention...they're-at the core-the most necessary "tools" for magic of any kind.Actually, the tools/items/ingredients usually have the purpose of directing your mind into this "focused mindset" in ritualistic magick.Of course they have additional purposes, such as drawing in spirits and etc, but one of the main purposes is the one I mentioned first.

When it's faked or when you don't get the results you want, which means that that way isn't the one for you.

LinRae likes this.
    LinRae
    Thinking

LinRae Senior Citizen
    Official Member

Eh, I was more referring to things like that one person who said they were going to cast spells with their flatulence as their way of chaos magic. But true, if a method that works for some doesn't work for you, then you need to find another method.

Zerachiel
    Amused

Zerachiel Senior Citizen

Pretty much

Perses Keraunos
    Cool

Official Member

Hah!Nice one.
    Actually, and i don't know why, most people always seems to think that whatever methods worked for "that person"(the mentor, the one who wrote the guide, the one who is teaching) will work for everyone.And this happens with every kind of energy work.Or course some of 'em have a "set of rules/laws" that should and are applied to everyone, but the path to learning most of 'em won't be the same.
    That's one of the reasons why some people that later complain of not having results after "following the guides" should stop to see if what they're doing is what's right for 'em.We weren't all made with the same size, so why it should be the same with magic/psionics?

Mouseroot
    Veggedout

Mouseroot Senior Citizen
    Official Member

Remember the guides are just that guides...not instruction manuals or cooking recipies...they are essentially a direction..magick and psionics is so huge and diverse that you could do any skill any number of ways.

The key is to finding the techniques that work for you, but that may require you to look at the core of what magick is or the core of your technique...either way keeping a constant mindset of working on your skills will sharpen them. The biggest thing is dont give up but dont get lazy either.

Also Fart Magicks...it could be a thing...a psiball filled with your "essence" lol makes the fart in the jar obsolete...also could you just keep your little psi-fart around lol just stinking up the place... Its funny but I mean I bet its doable...probably would need to work up to it tho...beans for dinner lol okay ill stop.

Perses Keraunos
    Cool

Official Member

I'm still trying to find other ways of doing other abilities, this way we'll have more than just the P.A.T.S
    While i'm always directing the new members to the link, aside the "foundation fase", i don't really follow the "methodology" of the P.A.T.S.

I think that most people that give up on psionics on the beginning-which is more common-or in the middle of their training, do this 'cause they just keep trying to reproduce the same results that others got, using their methods as well, instead of finding what really works for 'em.Sure, some people will be able to get the results using the same methods, but not everyone will, and people prefer to be lazy and leave like that instead of searching more.

I bet that you could gas what fart magick can do.