1. Hello Guest! Welcome to Psion Nation. Currently you do not have an account with us so you are limited on what you can see here at the Nation. Sign Up for free you can have access to read all the amazing material. It takes a couple of seconds and your off to learning the Way of the Psion!

therian abilities

Psions Viewing Thread (Psions: 0, Guests: 0)

mage emporer16
    Inspired

mage emporer16 Senior Citizen
    Official Member

so i was wondering if any therians could use their shifts to improve psionic powers

LinRae
    Thinking

LinRae Senior Citizen
    Official Member

Being otherkin really doesn't give you extra perks to skills despite what some may claim. I have heard of some kinfolk who have somewhat heightened physical senses in some manner. But it doesn't give you any psionic, magical, or energetic perks.

mage emporer16
    Inspired

mage emporer16 Senior Citizen
    Official Member

Amarok
    Devilish

Amarok Senior Citizen
    Official Member

Therians can utilize shifting to improve physical senses and strength/stamina here and there, but nothing too much. I will agree with Linrae, on that being a non-human soul doesn't really give you any special abilities per say, but some soul races, have racial abilities that have impact on the spiritual plane, and some do on the physical also.

If you want to improve your psionic/spiritual abilities, then train, practice, and keep practicing until you improve.

Zerachiel
    Amused

Zerachiel Senior Citizen

Only real thing is specific elemental alignments and latents towards certain abilities a kin will have over a nonkin, while nonkin have a larger spectrum of what they can and cant do otherkin have more alignment type abilities that they would excel at besides things in relations to maybe ESP and basic EM skills. There's some things say a angel can do that someone else would not, etc. Though still nonkin have a wider variety.

Though I don't think shifts can really have any affect on psionic abilities nontheless.

I agree there

Aliter and Amarok like this.
    Perses Keraunos
    Cool

Perses Keraunos ♛First Elder of the Nation♛
    Official Member

I don't know the thinking path that you used in order to reach this conclusion, but if you mean physically shifting, then forget it.All 'kin, including therians, are on the same boat, the USS Bound.

Some perks might be not in a boon of energy or power, or even being able to do it earlier than others.Some times it has to do with affinities.But i guess that "each case is a case".

When you say that therians can "shift to improve physical senses and strenght/stamina" you're not tallking 'bout a physical shift, are you?

I think that shifts would only be able to do something if we're talking 'bout the physical ones.For example a therian assuming their "animal form" or a 'kin changing into their true form.

Zerachiel
    Amused

Zerachiel Senior Citizen

Well any form of "physical shift" a therian takes would either be senses/mental shifting which I guess improves their ability to hear, smell, and whatever else better but outside of that I don't see it. But then again, I believe a mental shift for a therian is still human like, mainly because if you see the therians etherically theyre mostly tribal people unless feral. Though in the OKC most just see therians as physical animals with the whole shabang.

Perses Keraunos
    Cool

Perses Keraunos ♛First Elder of the Nation♛
    Official Member

Heightening the senses is good, but it wouldn't be the same as gaining strenght or more stamina, as someone said in a previous post.

LinRae likes this.
    Amarok
    Devilish

Amarok Senior Citizen
    Official Member

Not a physical shift. It's the heightening of senses, and one can kind of tap into more of a primal-based adrenaline, resulting in (slightly) increased strength and stamina.

Aliter likes this.
    Zerachiel
    Amused

Zerachiel Senior Citizen

I never mentioned anything being the same, gaining strength and more stamina is a natural occurance in anyone. Though I'm sure Ama knows more about it then me seeing as I'm not a therian.