1. Hello Guest! Welcome to Psion Nation. Currently you do not have an account with us so you are limited on what you can see here at the Nation. Sign Up for free you can have access to read all the amazing material. It takes a couple of seconds and your off to learning the Way of the Psion!

Therians

Psions Viewing Thread (Psions: 0, Guests: 0)

Amarok
    Devilish

Amarok Senior Citizen
    Official Member

In this thread, I've decided to stockpile all the information on Therians. Both my own information as well as the insights of others. This way, members or Therians themselves, which are curious, can examine the information all in one thread. If something isn't included or forgotten, please message me and I can add it, with a reference to you. This information has been gleaned through my magickal workings into my soul's racial past, from Gaia herself as well as my own experiences. This thread was originally created on another OEC (KS) that I belong to, but I figured that I would share my work with PsionNation as well.

Let's begin.

What are Therians?
    Therians are a race of souls, of whom are shifters that identify with a particular theriotype/essentially are a specific animal, for lack of a better word! They possess both a human form, as well as a bipedal animal form, and a full animal form. Let me tell you what Therians are not. They are not incarnated animals, nor the souls of animals and nor are they once incarnated animals. We are our own soul race in that respect. Just as Angelics, demons, fae, starseeds etc are their own race.

Theriotypes?
    There are roughly 6/7 Therian theriotypes that I know of, but there may be others beyond this. I'll explain more about the whole of Therians, in the history section of this thread. There are wolves, bears, tigers, panthers, lions and there are even gorilla's, although they are quite rare, as most have been killed over the years. But they also tend to be based around predatory animals, although some have come across non-predatory therians, I.e. birds etc in some locations.

Racial Affinity?
    Earth of course! Therians are of Gaia, the Earth Primordial's creation. Thus we all have an earth affinity, other therians, myself included, may be born with other affinities. Other classicals (water, fire or air) as well as non-classicals (light, darkness, solar etc).
    Therians also have the innovative ability to manipulate the other classical elements to a particular degree, even if they do not possess them internally as affinities. For example, I do not possess fire or air, I am able to manipulate it both internally and externally to a degree. It's more like a latent racial ability.
    (Most beings are able to manipulate the four classics, but Therians can do so in a different way).

Social Structures/Culture?
    Now Therians, can go feral, meaning that they allow their animal side and blood-lust to take control, hunting in packs depending on their theriotype, thus losing their civility (and remaining in their animal form entirely of course). In this case, they would most likely follow an 'Alpha' but the circumstances can change and vary. Other Therians belong to more tribal social structures, usually following a leader and living in clans/small groups. Depending on the species and tribe, the technology and culture will vary. In terms of technology, especially weaponry, they usually utilize medieval weapons such as maces, shields, swords, bow and arrows/other traditional weapons etc. Other Therians may live in cities across the Etheric, it all really depends. Those living in tribes, normally make do with little technology, but it's not unheard of for Therians to live in heavily advanced cities and places. It really can just depend on the subspecies and location. In some cases, Therians can be born as an Aristos. An Aristos is a Therian born with larger energy than a usual one. An upgraded Therian does not count as an Aristos. Thus, they possess greater potential than another therian, and it is likely that they would be hailed by that community/tribe. They tend to be revered by Therian communities and are indeed rare. (Arn, Aug 17, 2015 - for terminology).

They are normally also born with one or more affinities than the racial affinity of Earth, but it depends. They are able to utilise more energy, they have more energy and do not 'burn out' as quickly as other Therians. Their latent abilities regarding the manipulation of the classics is stronger, and they are normally born with innate psychic abilities or gifts of some kind.
    Additionally, an Aristos is a term given to said Therians, by outside sources. Through conversation with Gaia, I have found the word from her tongue, translated to English, that relates to Aristos'. My translation is not perfect, but the word is similar to these; Danekanan or Danakenaen --> Possibly a mixture, but that's the term in her tongue.
    If you are curious, feel free to PM me.

History?
    The history of Therians does indeed vary depending on the people that you hear it from, but the truth is that we are born of Gaia, she is our all-mother in a sense as she created Therians as a race. In the beginning, she created two lesser progenitors of each subspecies. Two wolf therians, male and female, two bear therians etc. My mother and father were the first two wolf therians in fact. From there, she created more of each subspecies and so on. There are two types of Therians, although they are more based upon how each therian developed and grew, despite being created similarly. These are known for lack of a better term as Katagarians and Arcadians. Katagarians are therians that were predominately born animals and as they matured and developed, they gleaned their animal side. Arcadians are the opposite, being born in their human forms, and developing their animal forms later. On occasion, I can even remember that there were clashes between both types because of their differing views and culture.

Shifting?
    So what is shifting exactly? Shifting is basically changing from one state to another. Therians (those that are incarnated) usually exist in some form of a half state in which they are composed of their; animalistic mind and senses, soul and who they are in this life. (This is their base state/level, the state they exist in usually, unless a shift or something else occurs/or changes.) This is difficult to explain, so bear with me. Due to this half state, most Therians have increased senses or may appear to have "psychic gifts".

Examples; (of my half state); I, for example, can just know when people are approaching the area around me before they even appear, my eyes will instinctively flicker to that doorway or corridor, and a person will appear. I can see through people, with the quickest glance, although that could be attributed to my own psychic gifts - I believe it isn't. I can see whether they are "good" or "bad", whether they should be trusted or avoided, etc.

INTERESTING NOTE: Therians also exhibit animalistic behaviour from time to time, usually upon emotional/environmental stimuli (threatening situations, provocations, anger, etc.) They tend to bite, scratch, claw, bare & grind their teeth. (Depending on their Theriotype, but it doesn't really matter.)
    Many suppress this, believing that it's weird, abnormal or that something is wrong with them. But there's nothing wrong with this, many people do it too.

Types of shifts;

- Mental (Usually occurs when there is emotional stimuli or upon choice). (When a person's mindset switches to that of their Theriotype, thus, becoming more animalistic, and "clear/empty of human thoughts and feelings".)

- "Phantom" (When a person feels their theriotypes' limbs, paws, ears, tails, claws, etc.)

- Etheric (Shifting between human and full-animal form in the Etheric or BioL planes, occurs upon choice.)

- Physical (This usually occurs when there is great emotional stimuli, or upon choice). (When a persons senses increase: sight, smell, touch, taste, hearing, etc. Now please, do not imagine a human shifting into their theriotype and their bodies rearranging themselves. Physical shifting is more of an increase in particular senses, and ability. With some possible adrenaline releases that can increase strength and stamina. Upon physical shifting, I personally feel stronger and become physically stronger, being able to do more things that what is normally possible for me. (Run longer, move faster, hit harder, lift heavier objects, etc.)

Stimuli;
    They are various kinds of stimuli that can influence/cause a shift to occur. Here are some examples of what I've personally found cause me to shift or 'tune in' deeper with my True Self.

- Prolonged contact with other animals.
    - Strong emotions.
    - Prolonged direct contact with nature.
    - Provocations/threatening situations.
    - Close/prolonged contact or communication to your Theriotype, or to other non-human beings.

Forms (In-Depth);
    Therians have two forms generally, their human form, and their animal form as previously mentioned. Their animal form does tend to be bipedal, but it can run on all fours just as easily. There are some half-states with shifting, for example, I could be in my human form, and shift my hands into claws etc. They also have what is called a feral form. Much like an 'ascended form' of another race. This form is much larger, and physically/energetically stronger. It can be accessed through raw will power, but also in life-threatening or dire situations.

I hope that this thread is informative, and if you anything left to add, please message me and/or comment below! :)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    THIS THREAD IS THE COPYRIGHT OF AMAROK. I ASK THAT YOU ASK MY PERMISSION BEFORE SHARING THE INFORMATION PROVIDED INSIDE OF THIS THREAD, TO ANY OTHER SOURCES OR WEBSITES.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Varric likes this.
    Amarok
    Devilish

Amarok Senior Citizen
    Official Member

By sharing this thread with PN. I hope to clear up the great variety of misconceptions surrounding Therians. Unfortunately, most of these ideas come from predominately therian-built communities which is sad.

SageYuu
    Sleepy

SageYuu Third Elder of the Nation
    Official Member

sounds more like 'were-creatures'

Amarok
    Devilish

Amarok Senior Citizen
    Official Member

Were-creatures could be considered somewhat like cousins to Therians, but they do differ.

The differences?
    They can/tend to be naturally stronger, larger when shifted, and are naturally more attuned to their 'berserk/animalistic side'.

However, this does not mean that a Therian cannot surpass them by all means.

#4 Amarok, Jan 30, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2017
    SageYuu
    Sleepy

SageYuu Third Elder of the Nation
    Official Member

What you're saying hold some similarities to some races I've met before during projection, however they by no means called themselves 'therians'. Beyond that, what you have been saying sounds like bullshit.

Amarok
    Devilish

Amarok Senior Citizen
    Official Member

Therians is a label for them; for my race, thank you very much. They definitely do exist. If that is your opinion, then so be it, and you're entitled to it.

Ryzan and Zerachiel like this.