1. Hello Guest! Welcome to Psion Nation. Currently you do not have an account with us so you are limited on what you can see here at the Nation. Sign Up for free you can have access to read all the amazing material. It takes a couple of seconds and your off to learning the Way of the Psion!

Thoughts on a potential ability. Needs contribution and refinement.

Psions Viewing Thread (Psions: 0, Guests: 0)

?

Would this be possible?

Poll closed Jun 9, 2014.
  1. Yes

66.7%
  2. Maybe

33.3%
  3. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
    Devoneir
    Mellow

Devoneir Citizen
    Official Member

First off, if this isn't the right forum for this idea, then I apologize for it since I did think this would be the appropriate forum for it

Ok, I was thinking about energy manipulation when I started off with this, considering if there were a way to achieve high end and practical and obvious results. Thus a thought came onto my head about manipulating brain signals.

I studied basic and some advanced biology back in the day, and the human body receives and sends out signals every time and everywhere. We basically receive and transmit signals throughout the day, basically without knowing it. What if you could manipulate the signals the person is receiving and transmitting? Not actually manipulating the person directly all the time but also tweaking your signal output and their signal receiving so that the result is what you intended?

For example, tweaking the other person's eyesight not to register you by either making yourself part of the background or by implanting a thought in the recipient's mind that makes the person ignore your presence or hiding your presence by stopping their sensory input from being processed by the brain, thus resulting to you being invisible to the intended recipient.

If this were possible, chances are this would result in you achieving a sense of invisibility without the need to actually having something like an invisibility cloak.

I need your thoughts on this, positive and negative, constructive and directive to actually see if this is a gem in the dirt or if it's just another rock in the sand.

Aerolithe likes this.
    Bold as bric
    Busy

Bold as bric Citizen
    Official Member

Our site has a fair amount of experience with this: we call it tele-camo, or telepathic camouflage. The idea is to just tell the person telepathically not to notice you. I myself don't know how to do it as I have not learnt advance telepathy yet, but if you're still interested I can get some info for you

Conman316, Arn Issai and Mulgarath like this.
    Devoneir
    Mellow

Devoneir Citizen
    Official Member

Sure. I could use the information. You can PM or link it here.

Xilard
    Asleep

Xilard Citizen
    Official Member

"For example, tweaking the other person's eyesight not to register you by either making yourself part of the background or by implanting a thought in the recipient's mind that makes the person ignore your presence or hiding your presence by stopping their sensory input from being processed by the brain, thus resulting to you being invisible to the intended recipient. "

Lets say you make me not register you, i wont be able to see you personaly, but neither i wont see the space that is behind you, because you are still there, in the space. I like the idea but everyone works differently, if you create the image that is behind you and send that to me, that data would not fit withy my data because as i said we work differently.
    Maybe the brain would fill in the missing data. (the things behind you (scraches beard)

This is only my opinion tough.

Devoneir and Mulgarath like this.
    Mulgarath
    Sneaky

Mulgarath Senior Citizen
    Official Member

Yes this is tele-camo. You're simply telepathically projecting the idea that you're not actually where you are, or that you're something/someone completely different. You're altering peoples perceptions to fit your desire to not be seen. Naturally, they'll still see you however, they won't see you as you're causing a gap in their thought process which blocks any thought or perception of you to be processed. They'll simply gaze over you as though you were never there.

Devoneir likes this.
    Bold as bric
    Busy

Bold as bric Citizen
    Official Member

I'm sorry for the late reply, I was having difficulty accessing both Psion Nation and WeAreMetas. I can PM the user on our site who knows about it, but I don't know how much he practices at the moment, so the information might not be....useful.

Devoneir
    Mellow

Devoneir Citizen
    Official Member

Good point there. I did take that into account and made an assumption that if I did make you ignore my presence, the space I take would be filled by random data generated or remembered by the brain.
    Like if you made your hand invisible to the recipient and put your hand on the table, he/she would only see the table and not the hand. the person's brain would remember the table's details from past sightings and would fill in the missing data obtained by the eyes

Mulgarath likes this.
    Devoneir
    Mellow

Devoneir Citizen
    Official Member

It's alright you can juat PM the data I take a look at it. And by look, I mean go through it thoroughly.

Aerolithe
    Dead

Aerolithe Senior Citizen
    Official Member

I done something similar towards this what I do is link with my target and sent them a message that will make them not notice me. It's a quick way not to be bothered by annoying people.

Devoneir likes this.
    Devoneir
    Mellow

Devoneir Citizen
    Official Member

Definitely. Though I do want to test out the full limit of this technique.

Arn Issai

Arn Issai Guest

I've heard of some people accidently doing this.Where they keep focusing on being a waste of space and not being noticed by anyone to where it actually begins to take effect like this.

QJumper
    Mellow

QJumper Senior Citizen
    Official Member

I wrote a WHOLE thread on just exactly THIS. It is a three part thread on invisibility and the first part is exactly what is being described here :)
    The link is here:
    http://community.psionnation.com/threads/invisibility-for-beginners.2030/

Feel free to post or write if you have any questions.