1. Hello Guest! Welcome to Psion Nation. Currently you do not have an account with us so you are limited on what you can see here at the Nation. Sign Up for free you can have access to read all the amazing material. It takes a couple of seconds and your off to learning the Way of the Psion!

Toxikinesis?

Psions Viewing Thread (Psions: 0, Guests: 0)

Gauntlet

Gauntlet Citizen

(I apologize if this should've been put somewhere else, I was uncertain.)

I know that when a "new kinesis" pops up, people tend to immediately want to label it as fake or fantasy, but I ask that you read on with an open mind.

As a younger child, maybe ten or eleven if memory serves, I stumbled upon an ability called Toxikinesis. Toxikinesis, as some of you may already be able to tell, is the ability to mentally manipulate toxins, and even potentially create them in the form of bacteria, viruses, etc. Intrigued, and without an ability I was currently practicing at the time, I took it up and started practice. I guess I had an affinity to it or something, because within the first week, I had (albeit accidentally) poisoned my friend and made him sick. He was almost always around me, especially when we were practicing, and he said that whatever made him sick felt familiarly like my energy. Being a scared child, I dropped the practice. Now, with more control over my energy, I wish to take it up again. I want the community's thoughts. Do you think I should? Is this even real in your opinion? Should I post tutorials once I get back into it for others wanting an obscure/more unique ability?

Chocolate
    In-Love

Chocolate Senior Citizen

Could this be related to biokinesis?

Psi-Gúrú
    Darkness

Psi-Gúrú Senior Citizen

Any way to prove it? That would be helpful to get rid of nasty criticism and comments.

Jordan
    Spaced

Jordan Senior Citizen
    Official Member

Here's what you should do:
    1. Practice it again and get good at it.
    2. Start training people, which could also be used as proof in some way this exists. That way you both prove it's real AND are teaching people a new ability.

Aliter
    Bored

Aliter Senior Citizen
    Official Member

Sounds interesting.

Instead of tutorials, maybe you could provide us with observations, like a journal type thing. Document trials and how you progress.

Chocolate likes this.
    Perses Keraunos
    Cool

Perses Keraunos ♛First Elder of the Nation♛
    Official Member

The reason why people make fun of 'new kinesis' is 'cause most of 'em end up just being a 'control over a matter or substance or happening' that is very specific, and have attached to it the 'kinesis' part.
    It makes the possible kinesis seems fake, which can be some times, and so people just agree in general 'bout the classic ones but ar wary of others.

For me 'kinesis' would be the control over something through distance, while manipulation would be control over it both close and at a certain distance.It can be different for others, so stick to your opinions.
    I doubt that someone would be able to control toxicity, viruses and etc, but I have no proof of it being fake as well.

Varric

Varric Staff Manager

The biochemical knowledge and requirements to do any of what you listed makes it highly unlikely you or anyone would exceed.

The name itself however seems fake to me.

Go ahead and attempt such but understand that when doing anything you must understand how it works to succeed. Espcially when it comes to physical manipulations.

Do you understand what is toxicty? What makes something toxic? The effects that it causes and what ppm is required for it to reach toxity? Do you know what ppm is? Do you have the adequate chemical knowledge to understand why and how the compounds bind into the substance? Do you understand how to neutralize the toxicity of what your attempting? Do you understand how cells work, what they need to function and what happens when they don't have those needs.... etc etc etc

There is so much more to physical manipulations than people take notice of to manipulate you must understand. What i listed is only a fraction from off top of my head you would need to know to have a plausible shot at success.

Because on top of all that understand you'll also need to know how to make energy affect the physical. Which has its own equally long list of required knowledge based around energy and physics.

Do you feel your ready to approach such an attempt? Do you meet the requirements? Are you willing to dedicate months - years to achieve success?

I ask because you should be asking yourself these questions before you attempt such. Your attempting a tier not many succeed at. Do you have the determination and experience to pull it off or will you be one of the many whove fallen short and failed.

Aspirations are great. Realism is better.

Gauntlet

Gauntlet Citizen

I'd be more than willing to provide proof once I regain a grasp on the ability. Just tell me what would be the best form of proof for something like this that is less tangible?

Varric, First and foremost, thank you for the detailed response, as this is what I was really hoping for. Admittedly, the name does seem a bit fake I suppose haha. I could be misremembering its title. I can appreciate some realism, which you deliver. It was easy as a child, though I try not to go into things expecting ease, as my previous experience could have very well been a coincidence. Looking over my post again, I may have misrepresented the information. "Toxins" in the traditional sense (cyanide, arsenic, etc.) may have been inaccurate. I apologize for that foolish mistake. It would be more correct to say that the "toxins" I created acted as an energy-based virus. It was, at its core, a construct that would go from cell to cell leeching energy to multiply and spread, therefore sickening the target by lowering any natural defenses against disease as well as weakening it through sapping natural energy reserves. Could this be a separate ability if expanded upon or just a specific set of constructs? I thoughtlessly assumed that this could be adapted to create and manipulate actual physical toxins. Maybe it still can, its just nothing that I've attempted. Again, I apologize for my mistake. I suppose hindsight really is 20/20, huh?

Varric

Varric Staff Manager

I personally dislike excessive naming. It Its energy based I'd call it a construct tbh.

Best way for me to accept you can do it is to give me detailed instructions on what you did to succeed and then me seeing if i can replicate it.

Chocolate likes this.
    Omiron
    Artistic

Omiron He, Himself

People are being way too liberal with naming conventions. Toxicity isn't a specific substance to merit a separate naming group.

Chocolate and Varric like this.
    Perses Keraunos
    Cool

Perses Keraunos ♛First Elder of the Nation♛
    Official Member

People like to be very specific, instead of getting the 'general'.

Gauntlet

Gauntlet Citizen

Fair enough. Specific names just make it easier for some (including myself) to mentally catalog things. Sorry if this is incorrect or frustrating to those that disagree, I just find it easier. I'll be sure to keep that in mind in future posts

Jordan
    Spaced

Jordan Senior Citizen
    Official Member

Don't be sorry. This was a good thread.

Diazin
    Sweettooth

Diazin Mentor
    Official Member

I can do something like this, except it wont create viruses nor bacteriae, it will just pollute an energy system with my toxic energy. People usually feel sleepy when I do this.