1. Hello Guest! Welcome to Psion Nation. Currently you do not have an account with us so you are limited on what you can see here at the Nation. Sign Up for free you can have access to read all the amazing material. It takes a couple of seconds and your off to learning the Way of the Psion!

Tulpa Forum

Psions Viewing Thread (Psions: 0, Guests: 0)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Ciplbilher
    Thinking

Ciplbilher Senior Citizen
    Official Member

So for those of you that don't know what Tulpae are, they're basically another person that shares your brain that either you created on purpose or by accident. They're what a kids 'imaginary' friends are.

So I was thinking, why not have a forum based around them? They're could be sub sections for ones Tulpa itself to talk on with others, one for guides on creating them, one on learning to communicate with them, and some other ones, Luke maybe a couple on the various forms of control you can give your Tulpa over your body.

Ulysses88 likes this.
    Mammon

Mammon Senior Citizen
    Official Member

Tulpae fall under mental plane stuff and as such would fit best in this forum

http://community.psionnation.com/meditation/

I am really not a fan of having more forums as it doesn't really benefit anything and just means staff have more to organize and to where.

Categorizing isn't really an issue here. If anything we have a lack of actual guides that work although i suppose thats the same elsewhere too.

Everyone always has all these ideas of where things can go and what can be taught but whose gunna teach it eh?

Seeing as there is only 2 or so pages on here about tulpae and they're only mentioned occasionally i do not see the need to give them their own entire forum.

It would be empty and unused.

However i am not in charge of the makings of forums so this is just my opinion. Take it as you will.

Ciplbilher
    Thinking

Official Member

There may not be a lot of posts mentioning them cause people don't know where to post about them. Having a forum for them may increase interest in them.

Zerachiel
    Amused

Zerachiel Senior Citizen

Tulpae are rarely used outside of wanting a companion to help with subconscious things I think, other then that people tend to seek help from actual beings, but yeah it should go in meditation I believe with what Mammon said.

Mammon

Mammon Senior Citizen
    Official Member

http://community.psionnation.com/meditation/

Then for all future refrences when people use the search button for tulpae and are directed to here they will find the link above where they should go.

Problem solved :)

Ciplbilher
    Thinking

Official Member

Most Tulpas are made to serve as just friends, something non sentient would be much better to help with something in the subconscious, like a complex construct or simple servitor.

I personally doubt it should be in meditation. It's unrelated to meditation, Tulpas arent a part of yourself or other being to contact, they're an artificial being sharing your brain and body. You can communicate with them just like any other person. Meditation isn't required to make them either.

Zerachiel
    Amused

Zerachiel Senior Citizen

Not necessarily, tulpas are able to access it's creator's subconscious with permission and believed to help or be able to bring memories to the surface among other things.

And no because tulpas arent real beings, it doesnt share your body it only shares your mental space, I highly doubt a tulpa can possess and control your body, in my opinion that's just nonsense. It would require it to have control over your nerves and the likes. Meditation is due to it being part of the mind, not because meditation is required or isnt required.

Ciplbilher
    Thinking

Official Member

I personally have a Tulpa that has in fact been capable of taking control of my body when allowed. There's various forms of it as well. And I know they CAN access the subconscious, they can even help you have lucid dreams, I'm just saying a non sentient being would be better suited. Think of the possession this way, if you perceive yourself as a separate entity piloting your body, why couldn't you hand the controls over to a being in that same mental space?

Zerachiel
    Amused

Zerachiel Senior Citizen

I'm still prone to disbelieving that case, but that's just because my observation with those that end up "possessed" by their thoughtforms, but then tulpaes for some are considered a split personality then an actual being which is a bit more sensable in my opionion so the possession in how I see it would most likely be just a shift in which personality is dominant.

Yes they can do all that, which is why it would be better suited in meditation, then creating a completely new forum that would probably end up a waste of space with maybe 1 or 2 threads present in it.

Mammon

Mammon Senior Citizen
    Official Member

You needa stop learning from suskey alternate personality dude. Kids missin some marbles.

But regardless we arent making a forum specifically for tulpae here it would be a waste of space and nothing would ever get posted there as it just isn't popular enough to get its own subforum. If you want a tulpae only page go to wiki last i knew they still had one.

This thread will be closed now because its been answered and the idea rejected.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.