1. Hello Guest! Welcome to Psion Nation. Currently you do not have an account with us so you are limited on what you can see here at the Nation. Sign Up for free you can have access to read all the amazing material. It takes a couple of seconds and your off to learning the Way of the Psion!

Umbrakinesis: Help Me

Psions Viewing Thread (Psions: 0, Guests: 0)

LinRae
    Thinking

LinRae Senior Citizen
    Official Member

Ah, what type of information are you looking for? I may be able to help or direct you to someone to question.

aggressions fear
    Lurking

I would like a way that I can see results in an extremely small way or enough information so that I can make my own way to see results.

LinRae
    Thinking

LinRae Senior Citizen
    Official Member

Ok, try this then. First see if you can feel dark energy in areas which are physically or energetically dark. Once you can feel that fairly well, try to 'pull' the energy around you like a cloak. If you do it properly, try it in public and people should notice you less and unconsciously move around you in crowds.

Osiris likes this.
    Diazin
    Sweettooth

Diazin Mentor
    Official Member

Well, for a fact, there is light everywhere, although not always visible, e.g. IR and UV. You might want to explore those, specially IR.

Myrakah
    Thinking

Myrakah Citizen

I apologize if I came late but try meditating in shadows and/or darkness including state of mind. Mantras sometimes help such as "without light how would we know the dark." I hope I helped.

Fancy Party

Fancy Party Citizen

Keep in mind there is more than one way to dim a light. You could even use electrokinesis to affect the actual circuitry the light is connected to. But to dim a room with just dark energy, it would be easier to extinguish light at the source than trying to affect the entire room. In other words, focus on the lightbulb itself and fill it with dark energy to overshadow the light before the bulb magnifies it, as a buffer.

To manipulate the shadow of objects, I would first suggest studying how light in its many forms affect shadows, from lightning to candle flames. And find the kind of affect you would like to replicate in the form of manipulation. However, I would first suggest working with just the edges of a shadow, or rather the minimalistic dimensions of it. Don't start by trying to give a shadow more depth, unless you're making something more simple like a dark energy ball. But I mean in the way of affecting existing shadows.

To grow more affinity for umbrakinesis, I'd suggest meditating in the dark to start with, in a way you won't fall asleep. And focus on the energy you use having the attributes of darkness.

Aura's are something I'm not really good with, I'm not sure how to affect them permanently. But I'd assume the more affinity you have towards darkness and the more you practice with it, the more your aura would reflect that.

I hope this helped a little bit. Take care.

aggressions fear likes this.
    aggressions fear
    Lurking

what if I were to practice connecting to darkness via energy connections, and tried to move that energy?
    if I did this in the darkest place I could for awhile would that give me a sort of affinity for DM (and if so or not so, would it make a difference if I used a two way connection)?

Zerachiel
    Amused

Zerachiel Senior Citizen

Well anyone can manipulate shadows, you will get better at it, but for dark energy you can connect to it through said shadow in terms of pulling energy from said realms that are composed of dark energy (like sr) but you don't develop an "affinity" for it, you just learn to manipulate outside energies.

aggressions fear
    Lurking

what if I were to introduce the energy of darkness it won't do anything like give me an affinity or anything else like that?

aggressions fear
    Lurking

sorry I forgot again

Zerachiel
    Amused

Zerachiel Senior Citizen

well introducing a foreign energy to yourself in a safe way is different than just doing it, have to make sure it's actually "compatible" and by that I mean if it doesn't automatically mess up your system by being put in, but if done properly it should in a way "convert" said energy to the energy introduced.

aggressions fear
    Lurking

then how's it done properly?

Zerachiel
    Amused

Zerachiel Senior Citizen

A "clean" source, rather than a source that might have random "noise" in it, but I would say it's best to test it before introducing it internally.

aggressions fear
    Lurking

you mean a source that has nothing but that pure energy plus no programming?

Zerachiel
    Amused

Zerachiel Senior Citizen

pretty much, but noise is anything from emotional junk etc. For example in parts of the etheric there is "corrupted" areas where multiple dark beings have either died, made their home, etc. That dark energy will have a lot of noise in it. Pure sources are sources that haven't been tainted by noise atleast outside of it's natural sentience or nonsentience.

aggressions fear
    Lurking

how would I know if a source is pure?

Zerachiel
    Amused

Zerachiel Senior Citizen

well if you know how to scan that's one way, the energy in the different "SRs" are also pure sources if it's not linked to the races that reside there, as in the entire realm itself is kinda a pure source.

aggressions fear
    Lurking

how can I learn to scan?
    also do you have any tips for grounding?
    I'm about to try and I have never grounded before and I think it's why I haven't advanced for a while.

Zerachiel
    Amused

Zerachiel Senior Citizen