1. Hello Guest! Welcome to Psion Nation. Currently you do not have an account with us so you are limited on what you can see here at the Nation. Sign Up for free you can have access to read all the amazing material. It takes a couple of seconds and your off to learning the Way of the Psion!

Umbrakinesis: Help Me

Psions Viewing Thread (Psions: 0, Guests: 0)

The ShadeOfLight
    Thinking

I just sat down and imagined darkness vortexing into my hands.( a take on my electrokinesis absorbtion). Then i felt a sort of pulsy tingle. Then i made a construct and willed all the energy into it and yeah it was a good sensation

Psi-Gúrú
    Darkness

Psi-Gúrú Senior Citizen

As Zera said you must know how to differ negative energy from darkness. Basically they are both same energies, but darkness is more cleaner, organized and stable. Negative energy is a type of dark energy that has messed up frequency and is so called "dirty" 'n stuff. Safety first, Chaos~

Zerachiel
    Amused

Zerachiel Senior Citizen

well elemental darkness and negative energy aren't the same energies, it's just a lot of people think they're manipulating darkness when they could be manipulating dark emotional energy.

Perses Keraunos
    Cool

Perses Keraunos ♛First Elder of the Nation♛
    Official Member

A lot of people here that claim to manipulate darkness usually say that it's something corruptive or toxic.Don't know what's the difference in feel between 'em both, but in my case I actually feel better and stronger when 'using' it.

After a long time, shouldn't the use of this 'dark emotional energy' or those that are 'corrupted' give the person using 'em something like a backlash?I don't think that someone would be able to live a good life with all that 'junk' piling up.

Zerachiel
    Amused

Zerachiel Senior Citizen

That's because most here think they have Nyx type darkness which due to her own nature is corruptive or them just not knowing how to control it. However, Nyx's darkness is rare same with the other elemental darkness flavors. Most just manipulate their own energy where they consciously or subconsciously program it to have what they perceive as properties of darkness, or they're manipulating the emotional darkness every human being has which is nothing elemental in nature.

Perses Keraunos
    Cool

Perses Keraunos ♛First Elder of the Nation♛
    Official Member

Would Nyx's darkness be more common to see in certain races of beings, or is it something that is 'inherited' by those related to her?Don't know why people make such a fuss 'bout Nyx, I know 'bout her in mythology but the more I think of her I just think 'no big deal'.

Zerachiel
    Amused

Zerachiel Senior Citizen

I mean it's sorta common etheric side, but most with her darkness there reside in her realm, but on the physical here it's hella uncommon. I mean she's just one of many progenitors. She's not really a big deal lol, atleast here.

SageYuu
    Sleepy

SageYuu Third Elder of the Nation
    Official Member

It's just programming that makes it different honestly. The reason why negative emotional energy is associated with darkness is because it's 'depressing', "dark", and 'edgy'. It's and association brought about pop culture references and the fear of the unknown and of what's lurking in the shadows when people thinking of 'darkness' or 'dark things. Negative emotional energy is only disruptive because it's programming latches onto and tears into the programming of other things. 'Energywise' itself beyond programming, it's only viewed as dark because of that association when in fact it could be a multitude of colors. The manifestation of depravity/madness is the most common from what I've seen and that's because of demented/cracked souls, or 'ghouls' as people on here seem to enjoy calling them.

Yes, it does.. I experimented with it in the past. It opened up a few doors and expanded my understanding of a lot of things. In a sense it can turn people into something similar to that of a ghoul, only much more terrifying. Though that's after possibly years of degradation of their ES and potentially their mind. It does not make you more powerful but in the long run it will weaken you. After a very extended period of time, the part of your being that is essentially the equivalent of DNA for your ES or some sort of 'map' that allows you to naturally regenerate your ES can be altered to it. The sharding of one's soul is also a possibility due to extreme emotional stress brought about it, there's a number of factors in this.. Distorted or in ability to 'scan' is also a possibility. Since your emotional and mental state is reflected by your ES... as well as some other reactions based on environmental energy and emotional energy.. It can do even more in the long run. Distorting the emotional field of your projected aura and turning it.. 'painful' or 'disgusting'.

1. People are edgy.
    2. She's a primordial goddess.
    3. The of it like programming and energy what I'm about to explain. Erebus is essentially the 'darkness' of the night. Nyx on the other hand is more or less the goddess of the mental aspect of it. She has created and given birth to many horrific spirits, gods, goddesses, and possibly other horrific beings. Just like any mother she has a kinder side. Pop Culture tends to play down the scarier bat shit crazy violent side of her.

Diazin
    Sweettooth

Diazin Mentor
    Official Member

Here's some jewel of wisdom

DruidicDamnation likes this.