1. Hello Guest! Welcome to Psion Nation. Currently you do not have an account with us so you are limited on what you can see here at the Nation. Sign Up for free you can have access to read all the amazing material. It takes a couple of seconds and your off to learning the Way of the Psion!

Unofficial Kinesis Type: Dimensiokinesis?

Psions Viewing Thread (Psions: 0, Guests: 0)

Lemari
    Bored

Lemari Citizen

I've read a little bit about Dimensiokinesis online but I haven't seen any threads about it on here, so I was wondering if its even possible to learn?

Will Worker
    Tired

Will Worker Citizen

Hello,

Looks like someone was thinking really hard to create something new...

It is possible to create new areas within the astral realms, but these areas aren't stable nor do they create a "new dimension", they are simple a result of energy-manipulation within the astral realms of the material inside of these astral realms, it's not a creation of a separate dimension.

If you mean manipulating the physical world, as far as I know the manipulation of this world is limited to TK (Telekinesis) and PK (Psychokinesis, even if TK is part of PK this may not be obvious to everyone), but bending time and space, creating portals and such in the macro-scale is far beyond what we are able to do with modern technology, not to mention psionics. What's the catch? What's the argument? We need to consider the limitations of this world (Thomas Campbell did mention this issue in his research) where if the law of continuity cannot be bent or broken (law of preserving mass, energy, the state of equilibrium), it is not possible to artificially create such events which would violate these laws, either with spiritual or technological means.

Long story short, BS.

Best regards,
    Will Worker

#2 Will Worker, Apr 18, 2017
    Grammar Edited by PN Staff: Jul 6, 2017
    Varric likes this.
    Zerachiel
    Amused

Zerachiel Senior Citizen

There's no such thing as dimensiokinesis, it's just a word made up by some inexperienced person, just like darkazkinesis, but it is believed anyone can create small pocket planes in projection, albeit it depends if that pocket dimension will last or collapse on itself. But they aren't really "huge" hence the "pocket" dimension. But yeah the label for it isn't real but the ability to create pocket dimensions is very much real.

I just would suggest not lingering on the made up kinesis a lot of inexperienced people/kids create. Although, if I remember correctly the name is only used in x-men and other comics as a legit ability.

Varric likes this.
    Aliter
    Bored

Aliter Senior Citizen
    Official Member

I don't know what that word means, so I can't really say much.

I will say that I have heard of people trying to manipulate their dimension by altering the timeline they are in currently, and shifting it to a different one. Not sure if that's what you meant.

Varric

Varric Staff Manager

We try to keep our threads here realistic and viable. Seeing as no threads on the topic have ever been proven to work by memebers with the sufficent skill to test em or they have never been worded or explained in a manner that would convince one it is feasible to attempt to do they have never been approved or kept by staff should they have ever existed in the first place.

There may be blogs on them here. Idk i dont monitor blogs. As they are a personal user function not a public site one.

But our forums keep only useable information. So thats why there isnt any on it here. We only keep stuff that works. That "ability" doesnt work.

Will Worker likes this.
    Perses Keraunos
    Cool

Perses Keraunos â™›First Elder of the Nationâ™›
    Official Member

I still laugh whenever a "new kinesis" pops up.To be seen as more believable it would be better to use 'manipulation' instead of -kinesis.

FallenZero, Varric and Zerachiel like this.
    Pistachio
    Veggedout

Pistachio Citizen

Sounds pretty damn cool but judging from the replies this got I don't think it's an actual thing, i mean you can try it out.

Ulysses88, Varric and Zerachiel like this.
    Mouseroot
    Veggedout

Mouseroot Senior Citizen
    Official Member

flactuikinesis - can manipulate the flatualance within ones own body.
    bullshitenises - can manipulate the bullshit within ones own mind.
    astroheliokineses - Can manipulate the astrological star known as the "sun"
    darkedgycoolshadowkenisis - Can use the shadows to pickup dates and get "thats cool" from normies

...could keep going
    ...dont worry about what its called.
    ...If you have to create a thread to see if its even possible, chances are is way out of your league in the first place...
    this is what I like to call recursive theory...
    just theory on top of theory on top of theory

Ulysses88
    Spaced

Ulysses88 Senior Citizen
    Official Member

I'm guessing Dimensiokinesis is one of the powerlisted kinetic abilities. I highly doubt that it is even a real thing.