1. Hello Guest! Welcome to Psion Nation. Currently you do not have an account with us so you are limited on what you can see here at the Nation. Sign Up for free you can have access to read all the amazing material. It takes a couple of seconds and your off to learning the Way of the Psion!

Weakened over time?

Psions Viewing Thread (Psions: 0, Guests: 0)

Gauntlet

Gauntlet Citizen

As a young child, maybe 9 or so, I was doing well in chronokinesis as well as thermokinesis. Now, however, almost seven years later, I can't do anything with psionics. On certain days its even difficult to make a psi ball. Any explanations?

DruidicDamnation
    Pensive

DruidicDamnation Senior Citizen

I don't know, but I am leaving this for others to decide but I would assume it would be "Seals" stopping you?

Varric

Varric Staff Manager

Ground more practice more.

Seals wouldve prevented him from doing anything the first time as well. So its not seals. Actually it's rarely ever seals.

No its probably due to fact he doesnt practice much anymore and his system is all stagnated.

Shaku
    Amused

Shaku Citizen

Multipe possibilities.

The obvious being you didn't keep up with the ability and the "muscles/energy channels" were lost to entropy.

Another would be maybe you just made a light that attracted to much attention and now you're being fed on to the point you can't do much of anything.

As for seals...... those dont like..... work retrocatively.... because that would basically be changing history which I imagine would take insane power, IF it is possible. So yeah, you could of had power and then someone got jealous or feared you and sealed the shit out of you.

Who knows, maybe its all of the above : D

Maybe you got some parasites when you were in your previous prime, which might of sped up the entropy, and seals used to prevent you from having a clue as to why XD

DruidicDamnation likes this.
    thepsycicwidget
    Buzzed

thepsycicwidget Citizen

Not practicing can get you out of your groove, and make it harder to get back up where you started. If you were only doing things while you were very young, where the memories are not as vivid, and then stopped, it will not be as easy to start up where you left off as, say, if you took a break from practicing during your teen years or adulthood. Not practicing causes you to forget how to do things (why I said it'd be easier if you took a break during your teen years and adulthood in comparison to leaving off very young), but more importantly, your energy system will be "clogged." You'll have less control over energy and your psychic senses won't be active. You'll have to get your higher self up and running again.

thepsycicwidget
    Buzzed

thepsycicwidget Citizen

Also, Chronokinesis is the bomb. I love it.

tanapanian
    Lurking

tanapanian Citizen

As stated above it sounds like a case of "use it or lose it" just as knowledge and muscles physically are lessened through lack of use, so too would be the spiritual pathways and muscles. Can't flex a noodle you let go limp. You'll probably be able to reach your goals once more but instead of it being handed on a plate like the first time, you'll have to work for it this time around. Keep with it though. I'd love to hear the progress on your return to previous skill. There's also something about the young having more neural pathways open as the brain forms connections so that might also be part of what made it more possible younger.