1. Hello Guest! Welcome to Psion Nation. Currently you do not have an account with us so you are limited on what you can see here at the Nation. Sign Up for free you can have access to read all the amazing material. It takes a couple of seconds and your off to learning the Way of the Psion!

What does it mean to be human?

Psions Viewing Thread (Psions: 0, Guests: 0)

Mammon

Mammon Senior Citizen
    Official Member

When you explain your points you make much more sense. I agree completely.

Mammon

Mammon Senior Citizen
    Official Member

Easy. Humans are prone to bull shit.

Badum tss

DeusBlackbourne and SageYuu like this.
    SageYuu
    Sleepy

SageYuu Third Elder of the Nation
    Official Member

:joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat:

Perses Keraunos
    Cool

Perses Keraunos â™›First Elder of the Nationâ™›
    Official Member

More shit than bull, actually.

SageYuu and Mammon like this.
    Chado
    Tired

Chado Citizen
    Official Member

First off I think that this is a really good question..

I asked myself this and I thought about and I have no idea.
    I don't think there is an answer. Its more of an abstract concept.
    You can describe what we know a human is in comparison to what we know about other species but is that what a human is?
    Like how we know a ball is round because a cube is square.

wtf does it mean to be a human? To be a soul? To be a body to be a mind? we cant even wrap our minds around describing what is going on. How this even works. Our brains and minds literally seem to be designed to not be able to fully understand how we are even able to be as we are.

The best answer I can come up with is, what it means to be a human is what it means to be a creator.. We create our own experiences in this world whether we take responsibility for it or not. And we're always building. Trying to improve. Something that changes will eventually give birth to something new. To create from nothing or something or to fix and build onto something. In all cases we are creating something and whether it is ugly or negative or beautiful or happiness or love or hate or pain or joy or a sand castle or a career or a house or an experience. It is something and its like art we will all perceive it differently and experience it it differently.

Then what it means to be human is to create and to experience.

Ulysses88 likes this.
    Ulysses88
    Spaced

Ulysses88 Senior Citizen
    Official Member

I agree one-hundred percent.

#26 Ulysses88, Oct 23, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2016
    Mammon

Mammon Senior Citizen
    Official Member

Did you even read the thread or just the title?

Thread never asked peoples opinions it was a provegan loony toon cramming his opinion down others throats...

Eh whatever. Your response is more appropriate an answer than spirit talks propaganda anyways.

With the op or with chado?
    Try to remember to use the [Reply] button makes following trains of thought from others easier.

Ulysses88
    Spaced

Ulysses88 Senior Citizen
    Official Member

Apologies, I made a mistake with the reply. I was with Chado.

Mammon likes this.
    Mammon

Mammon Senior Citizen
    Official Member

You're all good. Just checking to see what ya meant :)

Ulysses88 likes this.
    Chado
    Tired

Chado Citizen
    Official Member

It was just a question I've asked myself recently. And I thought the owner of the thread was looking for people's opinions on it. Maybe I read it wrong but the OP seemed like it was written by someone giving the best explanation they could think of as well as looking for an opinion on the question itself. Even though he implicitly said he wanted an opinion on his thoughts. My post was a response to his thoughts while giving my opinion more on the question itself than the post :/ My bad..

My opinion on the post is that its way to focused on life itself and our reality and how we live it more than the actual question "what does it mean to be human". You make some good points at the beginning but then you bounce from idea to annotation to philosophical thought. Each paragraph should focus on one idea and should be followed by a paragraph relating to the previous paragraph or main topic of the chapter. It would make more sense for it to be called an introduction. But still is very vague in what the main message of what the book is about.

Not bad though very cool thoughts. Just structure it better and really think about what you're trying to say :relaxed:

And Mr Mammon no offence but you shouldn't be mocking someones form of expression. He's just trying to throw down his thoughts collectively. :)

Mammon

Mammon Senior Citizen
    Official Member

He called the members of our site that eat meat rapists murderers simply for having a different dietaty view. My statement was not mockery. I have nothing against vegans. I take offense to the op as a person.

Chado
    Tired

Chado Citizen
    Official Member

Oh I see.. anyway lets move on

DeusBlackbourne
    Asleep

DeusBlackbourne Senior Citizen
    Official Member

Well I think it's a good finger workout to write a chapter on it. But I think that because Humans are conscious of themselves(maybe more or less than we realise or actually are) the meaning of being a human can be whatver said human wants it to be whether it be "I am a human and I conform to these collective or soliditary ideas and ideals so this is what I think it means to be human" or "I am a human and I exsist so I'm gonna live and stuff but to do this I going to learn how to ,so to be human is to have knowledge" etc. Etc.

In short: The meaning of being human is to have (a) meaning. (or seek said meaning.)

Chado
    Tired

Chado Citizen
    Official Member

Wouldn't it be more appropriate to say that's the meaning of existence.. But yea the meaning of being human is definitely subjective

DeusBlackbourne
    Asleep

DeusBlackbourne Senior Citizen
    Official Member

Well it feels like or seems as if the meaning of being human would define said humans existence. But basically yea