1. Hello Guest! Welcome to Psion Nation. Currently you do not have an account with us so you are limited on what you can see here at the Nation. Sign Up for free you can have access to read all the amazing material. It takes a couple of seconds and your off to learning the Way of the Psion!

Why "Psi-Vampirism" is caused,

Psions Viewing Thread (Psions: 0, Guests: 0)

AtmoKinetic
    Thinking

AtmoKinetic Verified Scanner
    Official Member

I am getting tired of this community and many others pumping out people who think that they can just go around sucking on others energies and that it is normal for them to do. Actually, some even think they are unique and it's a gift. But most don’t realize almost every time they DO not need to do such, or it is damage that is causing them to have a lack of energy themselves.

So here are the common causes of this and the common fixes for things that actually need fixed, to clear up misconceptions on the so called phenomenon of “Psi Vampirism”.

The main explanation for psi vampirism is the fact that to many people want to be a vampire, and they see this “Theory” and latch onto it, usually without even needing to take energy from others in the slightest at all. In other words, the common cause could be said to be simply a case of a special snowflake.

The next cause is slightly rarer but as just common nonetheless this cause would be the simple want to inflict harm onto others by simply wanting to absorb energy, rather than being delusioned by your want to have to “suck energy” from others. Of course doing this and the above will inflict harm on to the person absorbing energy as well, considering it’s introducing foreign energy to the system without preparations to be able to fight and digest said energy.

This following cause is very common, mainly on communities such as psionnation, psiwarriors, etc. This would be a “newbie” thinking they have a lack of energy due to the small amount said newbie would be intaking compared to how much others intake/have consistently. So they think that it is being caused by “Psi vampirism” but in reality it’s just because there energy system still is developing and has yet to actually be trained to take in more energy.

The next cause is the rarest I have seen and is the last cause that I have identified to actually be real, that would be actual energy damage that causes the person to intake less energy than they are outputting. Such is usually caused by a unseen leak inside their energy system, normally a hole in a part of the chakra system, or even just a hole inside the outer-shell of the energy system. Usually fixing said leaks will remove said damage, and the intake/output rate would return to what is normal for the person’s energy system, thus, curing there so called case of psi vampirism.

Perses Keraunos
    Cool

Perses Keraunos ♛First Elder of the Nation♛
    Official Member

Why would anyone ever want to be a vampire?They suck, literally, and they always have this image of pompous snobs.Similar to the 'ol kings that everyone makes fun of nowadays.

I think that this psi vampirism would just be 'cause someone's energy system has issues that makes 'em unable to produce enough energy or retain their energy, so to deal with it they end up, usually unconsciously, sucking the energy of those 'round 'em.

Mardahak
    Inspired

Mardahak Senior Citizen

You hit on all the points, good job. The leaky bucket theory is the most commonly accepted in the community and I'm glad you mentioned what causes a legitimate case of an energy deficiency.

Most members of the "vampire community" believe, however, that the hole isn't just so easy to plug up - that it continues to leak out regardless of how tightly it's patched and thus, need to take in supplemental energy.

Feel free to disagree, I'm just bringing up that even the most people in the vampire community don't even know what causes their need to take in energy, they just theorize and go with what sounds like it makes the most sense.

[Edit: Spacing]

SageYuu
    Sleepy

SageYuu Third Elder of the Nation
    Official Member

The cause of so much 'otherkin' BS and etc. is also relating to this.... among countless other problems.

Sex apeal
    Twilight Meme (Offensive) (open)
    [​IMG]

:joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat:

And he just talked about that...

@Abaddon Keraunos Polly want a cracker?

That's when you grow a new meridian from the hole, instead of trying to mach it up completely you alter and adjust it.

Perses Keraunos
    Cool

Perses Keraunos ♛First Elder of the Nation♛
    Official Member

First, Twilight is gone.Never to be heard of again if possible.

Second, I admit that I really didn't remember this part.Maybe my brain decided to forget it just for the heck of it.
    And if I were to be a bird it would be a moth*rf*cking eagle. xD

Parthaeus

Parthaeus New Citizen

Heyo. I just joined the forum but I see this as a good opportunity to talk about vampirism and certain misconceptions regarding it. It's a bit of a loaded topic so expect this post to be a little lengthy. I assure you it will be worth it, however. This is a subject I've studied professionally for a time regarding it's history but I have also lived the majority of my young life inside the actual vampire communities. The ones separate and more established from the Otherkin business.

The nature of the vampire is a heavily romanticized one. In our current age, the majority of what you see of 'vampires' stems from several sources. We have our pop culture that is based on the 1400s-1600s European version the vampire. The primp, proper, and well dressed gentleman with good enough manners to seduce hapless prey. Imagined over and over again in countless fictional retellings for our reading or viewing 'pleasure'. The other source is how human beings tend to romanticize and fetishize 'predators'. The idea of a vampire, especially in the BDSM communities, is that of an individual that breaks our societal and human norms. Giving a sense of danger and allowing one's adrenaline to flow during bedroom play. None of these portrayals of the vampire are, of course, correct. Yet they're the most prominent.

The European vampire came, specifically, from two literary sources at the start of what is now known as the 'European Vampire Craze', beginning in the early 1400s and not stopping well into the 1800s. Tales of the ghastly creature had reached the ears of those European individuals from much further south and east. Yet the vampire as a mythological being is as old as time itself. Or, rather, as old as human history itself. It's akin to child taking entities, werewolves/were-beasts, and other ghouls in terms of it's overall age. But the myth's origins can be traced back to ancient China and certain parts of Persia. Where the creature took many a form. Originally, vampires were zombie-like creatures that could have any number of reasons for reanimating. Usually dealing with things not accomplished in that persons life, or a spell or curse cast by another human being or animal.

How does this all apply to the nature of the vampire today? Well, in short it doesn't. But it's good to know that the creature is much older than most sources would have you believe. It's very hard to find genuine literature on the creature further back than the 1400s. The fact of the matter is, even none of the older mythology really applies to us, either.

The nature of the vampire can be summed up in a single short sentence: A being that has a need to consume non-physical energy at an increased and more condensed rate than other sentient entities.

Basically, that's all we are in a nut shell. It's the same concept behind why bigger animals need more food. Now, the notion of feeding from people is not an accepted one in most communities for us. Feeding off people is, in most ways, extremely harmful. Even with consent. So we try to steer younger vampires from doing this, but then you have the plethora of wanna-be 'Otherkin' kids who do their magical little 'vampire spells' and then go around snatching willy nilly from folks. Unfortunately, they get the most attention.

I would like to address a few things, if that would be alright.

This is true. People easily latch on to an idea they think is 'nifty' or 'cool' and then simply run away with it. It doesn't do anyone good on either end of the spectrum, but they eventually outgrow it. Or not, and just end up being terrible people for a good majority of their lives. We're not glamorous creatures and we deal with enough already. But people will be people. Which goes into your next statement, which I agree with. I think hatred can be a powerful motivator, but we must remember we all consume energy. Snatching energy from people is done by non-vampiric entities, too. Not that it should be condoned.

There is a lot of confusion about our kind, yes. Unfortunately misinformation is so very prominent these days. Partly due to how easy it is to share that misinformation via the web. Individuals will buy into a pretty lie faster than they would actually take the time to inspect themselves. To know one's self requires effort. People are not so keen on effort. Our systems/pathways go through certain changes and fluctuations based on our physical and spiritual health and stage of growth. I think this type of information should be out there more, but hey there's not a lot folk can really do about what type of information people are exposed to first.

I find it moderately peculiar that there isn't more self-help type information out there. Don't you? Usually people who can help teach how to heal one's self, or help them heal through direct action like to limit the number of people allowed to get some information or treatment. Usually behind a currency wall. Fatigue and damage do indeed cause any sentient being to feel drained. On both aspects of existence.

There are also a good number of confused individuals out there that are genuinely vampiric but are first exposed to not so correct information. I think articles on healthy feeding practices (such as drawing from the earth instead of individual living beings) would do a great benefit to those who are new to the idea.

I suppose the point of this post is to be a little more in depth regarding some things. Hope it isn't too long, lol.

Osiris likes this.
    LinRae
    Thinking

LinRae Senior Citizen
    Official Member

This is not true of sangs.

In response to the original post:

There's one case that was discluded. There are actually people who do have a deficiency in energy if some sort and need to take energy from others. Normal psi-vamps supposedly can actually feed on the ambient energy in crowds. Also got the succubus/incubus (sexual energy vamps) types who feed on the energy produced by the actor of physical copulation. From some things I've seen in one of the more prominent and older vampire website(they have a nice FAQ that answers most questions and an IRC server where you can ask anything else) vampire is not always(or really) considered otherkin as it usually ends up being a more physical relating thing(body/mind/energy versus soul)

Osiris likes this.
    AtmoKinetic
    Thinking

Official Member

Even then, if they in fact did happen to have a deficiency energetically (Which I don't believe relates to physical bodies at all in the end), then they could simply "up" the amount of energy they intake through exercising such, it naturally raises either way. Touching back on a earlier subject, most people seem to think the energy we use relates to the physical, but considering the fact it is not prominently seen or even identified physically at all, then that is not a possible theory. Rather, its energy that isn't connected to what entities call "Meat Suits", as in PHYSICAL energy deficiencies would not affect said energy, rather, it will make the person feel exhausted physically and unable to focus, so they assume it also affects them energetically. (I experience such when I am sick, but scans from others, and forcing myself to focus, confirms what I said above to me)

And succubus/incubus I believe, they don't actually "NEED" to take it, they just do, and those more so fall in other lines rather than what people claim to be in terms of "Psi Vampires". As in they fall under the otherkin races and are more so not counted here as that is not exactly needed by them to so called "survive" and rather, just something they do from more so developing that way. (As in, everyone can copy such, but I don't see much point in feeding on sexual energy).

Parthaeus

Parthaeus New Citizen

I had not heard of 'psi/sang/hybrid' until actually entering the online vampire and kin communities. The ones outside of those don't use these terms, as method of feeding is not 'type' specific. We recognize all vampires can feed from all sources (energy, blood, sex) and are not barred nor limited. There are individuals that have medical conditions that can cause the desire to consume blood, and then those who have it as a sort of fetish. But in terms of vampirism it is understood they are still consuming non-physical energy via that blood.

This, however, is a general view and not solely mine. But I do recognize people will have differing opinions.

This is correct and one non-harmful way of feeding from people. Living beings give off ambient or excess energy as it's commonly referred to. Walking into a crowded room or area and soaking up that excess is a quick way to get a large quantity of energy, but shouldn't be relied on entirely.

Generally we like to teach people how to feed from the elements so no one or nothing in particular is harmed.

Osiris likes this.
    LinRae
    Thinking

LinRae Senior Citizen
    Official Member

Maybe you should check your sources. There are people who get the bloodlust for blood and not energy, energy doesn't work for them to deal with the issues they do get from not having a regular intake of blood, and the regular intake needed isn't really all that much. This is a general, publicly available information available on one of the older vampire sites I referred to earlier. There is a specific physical sensation that relates to the bloodlust that different sangs have been able to identify that doesn't have an analog. You say you been studying vamps for awhile. I have too, so how is it I know this information while you seem to think it's fantasy?

On the site they even state outright: If you can go without blood with no negative repercussions then you aren't a sanguine vampire, you've got a blood fetish. Paraphrased of course.

Varric and Mardahak like this.
    AtmoKinetic
    Thinking

Official Member

...Sorry lin, but if someone has the urge to drink human blood, then that person kind of needs to be locked up in a mental hospital as they would not be safe to be around others. (Pig blood, etc, thats fine, but they would probably end up getting some diseases). I don't believe vampires like this are possible, rather, I can say confidently, that they are running on placebo.

LinRae
    Thinking

LinRae Senior Citizen
    Official Member

That's kind of ignorant of you. You say that like they go out and attack people for blood. Which they don't. They will usually manage to find a donor. If they don't there are methods to suppress those urges, but it ends up being bad for them to not do it for too long. Bloodlust usually starts to emerge when they hit puberty.

ShadowNox
    Darkness

ShadowNox Senior Citizen
    Official Member

You can't actually say that confidently. Or well, you can but you'd still be wrong. There are many recorded instances where a multitude of diseases/conditions/etc can cause someone to have a craving (or addiction) to blood. If you don't feed an addiction, negative things will happen naturally, meaning that if they were to stop "feeding" then it would affect them negatively. Most people, if not all, who are legitimately sanguine vampires have blood donors and are peaceful members of society, not needing to be "locked up" or anything.

Varric, Zerachiel and LinRae like this.
    Parthaeus

Parthaeus New Citizen

I don't see a particular reason to become so defensive about this subject to quickly. And instead of civil discourse you choose to take an aggressive and passive attack on the individual bringing to you a conflicting notion. This is not how progress is made nor how understanding is met, and I would prefer you to recognize that while discussing topics such as these.

To assert that there is a lack of knowledge before a basis of understanding is met is how most people fail to fully experience the world around them to begin with. And, subsequently, how people fail to recognize new information.

I've been on the websites in question, before and after the founder of the most prominent one died. There's a difference in not only culture but knowledge between the online vampire communities and the in-person physical ones. This has several reasons, some of which having to do with the content of my original post. I find that I don't quite like the online communities because misinformation is still very much rampant.

The primary reason why the 'types' of vampire labels exist has nothing to do with there being different kinds of vampires. Instead, it has a lot to do with how our human brains work and the incessant need we have to categorize and label the world around us. People enjoy, to a certain degree, individuality and labels like the aforementioned ones are yet another way to do so. When in reality no one vampire is limited to any method of feeding, a notion that has been proven correct with proper training and time. How a person chooses to label themselves in the end is, of course, their right. But to assert something as fact when there is evidence to suggest otherwise is silly.

To assert that bloodlust is specifically a vampire or 'sang' trait is, in a way, arrogant of you. There are many other individuals who are of a different nature (be it otherkin, fae, beast-folk, etc) that experience that very same lust. As well, we exist in human bodies and are subject to human instinct, despite what we may identify as. Human beings are apex predators and thus experiencing the need to hunt and kill just like any other animal. So when you mix the basic human need with a heightened sense or instinct coming from a non-human experience that lust can be found in just about every predatory type of being.

I myself experience that lust, even when I am full. But it's not a 'sang' thing. It's a predator thing.

Varric and Zerachiel like this.
    LinRae
    Thinking

LinRae Senior Citizen
    Official Member

This is actually incorrect. From both people I met in person and online. Sanguines can't get what they need from energy. Psi-vamps can't get what they need from blood. Sanguines can get addicted to taking energy, but it still doesn't give them what they need from blood. Psi-vamps can get addicted to the taking of blood, but it doesn't give them what they need from energy.
    It's not arrogant. It's specifically referring to a desire for blood. Very much a different bloodlust as the one referred to by certain otherkin, fae, and beast-folk(as you referred to). It's not a desire to hunt when used in the context I was using. It's literally a desire for blood.

Parthaeus

Parthaeus New Citizen

Usually all that's needed to remedy this is patience and understanding. I personally used to be in that boat. Thinking and believing, to my core, that I was limited to blood. It has a lot do with what people understand about themselves and what they're willing to experience. Setting aside time to work with younger vampires like this has resulted in every one of them getting past such thoughts. There are, of course, preferences. If donors were more available in my area you could absolutely bet I'd take a lot more blood.

There are a number of disorders related to vampirism, and what used to be attributed to vampirism, that specifically revolve around blood. Certainly not to assert every 'sang' is ill, but it explains a good number of cases where this becomes a theme. Those illnesses include: Porphyria, Catalepsy, Coeliac disease, Anemia, and so on. While I disagree with the statement made by Atmo above, it's a very good idea for people considering 'sang' vampirism to figure their bodies out first. Next they should begin to pursue themselves in terms of understanding their experience.

And, yes. I meant a desire for blood, not for the hunt.

The notion of different types of vampires is a fairly new one, and it's definitely gaining momentum. If people believe something enough it can have very real affects on their bodies (something I personally went though). But before rejecting a notion that is separate from your individual one, perhaps exploring it to figure out why you reject it is the best route.

For instance and example, I absolutely loathe Jungian psychology. For a time, that's all I could say about it. But eventually I felt motivated enough to acquire proper literature and articles pertaining to the subject. In the end, I still disagree with it. But I at the very least know fully why I disagree with it now.

In the end it all comes down to a basis of understanding. And how much an individual is willing to put into reaching that basis.

LinRae
    Thinking

LinRae Senior Citizen
    Official Member

A few point to make here.
    1. There are sangs who live in areas where they can't find donors. They have to live with the very real physical effects of not getting the blood they need. It doesn't kill them, but it does make life uncomfortable. I have heard some first person accounts of sangs who did try the energy vamp route. It didn't work. They wanted it to, due to the aforementioned inability to get a blood donor, but it didn't work.

2. Atmo has made it quite clear he refuses to hear anything about sanguine vamps because to him it's all placebo or psychosis. He will literally overlook anything you tell him to the contrary.

3. Sorry, but no. The notion of different types of vampirism has been around for at least a half century or more. I know this from first person, talking to people about it and seeing books where it is mentioned. Maybe I live in a more culturally rich and informative area than you, maybe I just have better connections, maybe it's something else. I don't know. I do know what I have learned from both online and offline interactions.

One of the longest posts I made in awhile o.oU

greenfire9
    No Mood

greenfire9 Senior Citizen
    Official Member

So what exactly causes sanguine vampirism?

Parthaeus

Parthaeus New Citizen

1. Working with energy, especially for people who are new to it, takes time. More time than most people are willing to put into it. Vampires are creatures that go through highs and lows with energy consumption. I hate to make this comparison, but sometimes it really can feel like a drug. If an individual doesn't get the desired affect they want right away, the chances of them dashing it are pretty high.

This is basic human psychology and you should know better.

2. I'll make my own assumptions about people as I interact with them. I am new to the forum and I prefer to have at the very least a mild conversation with someone before 'casting them out'.

3. There you go attacking my intelligence again. Usually individuals who attempt to strike someone down without first attempting to analyze the new data is someone who has half the answers. If you will do nothing but keep up your walls and the 'in one ear and out the other' attitude, then conversing with you on the topic is unfortunately fruitless.

It's funny, in a way, because by that basis of understanding in which you assert yourself I too have seen success on my end with my claims. Both online and in person, for a little under a decade now. So by your logic I am also correct. Funny that, hm?

I read online that the sun revolves around the earth. That must be true, then? Tumblr is a big place. Everything on there is correct, yes?

It's a shame but I can see you do not wish to properly discuss the topic. I will cease and you can take the spotlight.

LinRae
    Thinking

LinRae Senior Citizen
    Official Member

That's actually something I don't have an answer for. I know the effects it causes. I know I had an interesting conversation with a nurse about a theory in the medical community that will never come to light dealing with sanguinary vampirism(she told me after I had a discussion with her about it and things I've heard and read). Will never come to light because inevitably 'vampire' would be a label given and the medical community will refuse anything more to do with it. Some people say it runs in families, some say like a recessive gene. One fairly consistent claim is that the traits appear during puberty.