1. Hello Guest! Welcome to Psion Nation. Currently you do not have an account with us so you are limited on what you can see here at the Nation. Sign Up for free you can have access to read all the amazing material. It takes a couple of seconds and your off to learning the Way of the Psion!

Why "Psi-Vampirism" is caused,

Psions Viewing Thread (Psions: 0, Guests: 0)

Ke 'ano

Ke 'ano New Citizen

Possession certainly can be tricky. It sounds as though the controlling being influenced the posessed into bloodlust. A sanguine feeling that doesn't necessarily have to correlate with typical vampirism. Using the bloodlust, the posessing being could create a need within the posessed to feed, allowing it to feed with minimal effort, and keeping the host for longer. I've seen that a lot in my experiences as a spiritual healer. I personally don't consider these cases to be actual vampirism. More so "energetic deficit".

I don't fill a void when I feed. My nature creates a higher need for energy. Think something like "spiritual metabolism".

LinRae
    Thinking

LinRae Senior Citizen
    Official Member

You sure that a skilled healer couldn't fix the damages?

Ke 'ano

Ke 'ano New Citizen

In my experiences in healing, sometimes the person to be healed just doesn't want to lose the feeling of bloodlust. Whether they acknowledge that consciously or not. Like it was said above, feeding can be like a drug. Especially sanguine feeding.

LinRae
    Thinking

LinRae Senior Citizen
    Official Member

Yeah, I know some people can get addicted to feeding when they don't actually need to. I've read up a good bit on various vamp sites. They usually will try to ID the addicts and help them break the addiction. Thing is (yes I realize I keep repeating myself but people keep trying to say the same things over and over to me) not all sanguine vamps are the result of 'an addiction to that feeding method' that's not even the majority. Most actual sanguine vamps cannot feed by other methods and have tried because taking blood isn't exactly easy or the most efficient method. This is the last time I'll say this. It's literally like telling a succubus or Incubus type person that they don't need the sexual energy, any energy will work, but in reality it doesn't work.

Varric

Varric Staff Manager

I am a skilled healer. The being had become so intertwined over the 20+ years that it was in there that it was almost impossible to seperate them without ruining both of them completely.

Have you ever seen an old log that has the roots of something else growing within its pores? It was like that. When they were pulled apart some of him went with the being and some of the being stayed with him.

The damage that occured to him was on the soul level. Those two are forever entertwined to some degree and unfortunately he still retains a very minor degree to draw energy due to whatever it was.

LinRae and Ke 'ano like this.
    Varric

Varric Staff Manager

What is a vampire but a being that feeds on others?

I don't really see vampires as a thing honestly i see them as the consequences of an energetic illness. Symptoms manifested.

However many people i have met have called themselves one and who am i to dispute what they wish to identify as.

Varric

Varric Staff Manager

I only heal those who seek help. Not those who i think need it.

It is not my place to force healing. If others wish to live with their illnesses that is their choice.

If the person was still wanting blood after being healed they probably didn't want the healing to begin witg.

Ke 'ano

Ke 'ano New Citizen

That's where our definitions differ. And if I were to speak only in your definition, I'd agree with you. But alas that's not the case.

Parthaeus likes this.
    Ke 'ano

Ke 'ano New Citizen

I've never healed someone who didn't ask. That wasn't the point of my post lol

Varric

Varric Staff Manager

Well we can argue what we understand. My understanding is different than others thats why i see it as wise to get other viewpoints :)

It seemed like it was being inferred otherwise. I wished to clarify nothing more.

Ke 'ano

Ke 'ano New Citizen

If I were to give a detailed definition of what a vampire is, contrary to yours, it would be:

A being who when in perfect health, has an energetic metabolism which requires of them an above than average consumption of non-physical energy. The being may choose any vehicle for that energy including raw energy feeding, blood, sexual energy, etc, so long as they meet their needs.

Parthaeus likes this.
    LinRae
    Thinking

LinRae Senior Citizen
    Official Member

Mine is similar but the last part is different. Some can feed from any venue, where others have a more restricted venue which works for them. (Idk about the energetic metabolism, from what I saw sangs never quite figured out the cause of their cravings). Plus, There will usually be some sort of weakening side effect from going without feeding for these individuals.

Varric

Varric Staff Manager

Thats an understandble definition. I believe my only real difference between that definition and my own is that i see these needs as symptoms to an underlying cause for them.

Since i wouldn't consider them perfectly healthy until all possible reasons to the contrary have been exhausted to show that the need for additional energy is 100% natural and native in origin to the system

Ke 'ano

Ke 'ano New Citizen

That last part is crucial for me when meeting other supposed vampires. It took years of self study, and a good mentor to come to the conclusion that such was the case. It's certainly not a conclusion that is come to overnight.

Varric likes this.